NiteNumen
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I have just emailed Rob

Flashaholic*

Default Re: I have just emailed Rob

well, I got the Wee just now. under 3 weeks. I can't say anything other than this was a normal international transaction.

I won't lie, it was not anything but a smooth transaction

Makes my blood boil to hear that he's shipping new orders while leaving people who paid over a year ago out in the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by calipsoii View Post
    Makes my blood boil to hear that he's shipping new orders while leaving people who paid over a year ago out in the cold.
    +1 ...

Your posting is irrelevant to this thread. No one is doubting that he is currently shipping lights he sells from his website and through his facebook presence. You might want to read the thread a bit better before you drop something like this. It's really just antagonistic. I'll stop short of calling it a troll, though inherently it is.

The issue here is that Mr. Cheatham has taken money in the past from CPF members and not filled those orders. He essentially has stolen that money and walked away. But I'm sure you know that and just wanted to stir stuff up with your irrelevant offering.

Go ahead and order all the lights you want from Lummi. But don't come here to tell us about it, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
    well, I got the Wee just now. under 3 weeks. I can't say anything other than this was a normal international transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by abarth_1200 View Post
    and he replied,

I was asking about purchasing a new Lummi and was enquiring about his stock, he told me he has Wee SS and Ti are ready to ship with the new XM-L emitter he is building, although he has no locators in stock.

Now I know of all the bad things flying around on this forum, but I have succesfully purchased 2 lights from him (2 years ago) with no problems, he was very proffesional in every step.

I dont see why I shouldnt hand over payment for a new Wee Ti, he has done nothing wrong by me.

What are your thoughts?
    The question was asked "What are your thoughts"

The answer was given!

Quote Originally Posted by egrep View Post
    Your posting is irrelevant to this thread. No one is doubting that he is currently shipping lights he sells from his website and through his facebook presence. You might want to read the thread a bit better before you drop something like this. It's really just antagonistic. I'll stop short of calling it a troll, though inherently it is.

The issue here is that Mr. Cheatham has taken money in the past from CPF members and not filled those orders. He essentially has stolen that money and walked away. But I'm sure you know that and just wanted to stir stuff up with your irrelevant offering.

Go ahead and order all the lights you want from Lummi. But don't come here to tell us about it, eh?
    127.0.0.1 replied with his thoughts and to the point. Mods please close this thread!
    My Lights__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by egrep View Post

holy smokes lay off

ask any big vendor here, IlluminationSupply, IlluminationGear, PhotonFanatic, Going Gear, Peak, BatteryJunction and others...
    what I have been doing...I drop in out of the sky in January after finding this forum and been buying lights like a mad dog
    these last few weeks. I am not trying to troll anyone. I wanted a Wee and these forums scared me off almost, but said screw
    it I will just try to get one. and I did so I just indicated that HERE to show that at least this dude is alive and there
    actually is still a real company or enterprise that is operating and supplying what they say they will...to ME. YMMV

anyone waiting and grinding on the issue should stop being wishywashy and go after VISA to get a refund and
    they will launch an investigation armed with many lawyers. That is the way to deal with the issue....NOT sleeping on it
    or hoping Paypal complaints will help...
    Last edited by 127.0.0.1; 01-20-2012 at 03:40 PM.

Closing this thread makes sense. Excuse me if my response was in any way emotional. "Blood Boiling" causes these things.

As for laying off. The thing you may not realize is that a non trivial number of us have been stolen from and lied to by this person. You posting here about how you see no problem doing business with him doesn't seem to be appropriate, but that's just IMO, YMMV.

I'm very glad YOU got the light you wanted. I wish those who paid and waited for theirs would have got them. You paying for and receiving yours then comes at the cost of those who went before you. You shouldn't feel bad you got your light, but you should be sensitive when you tell us about it.

Like I said, we all know that people who give Mr Cheatham their money now are highly likely to get their lights. However the people from CPF who have been stolen from know 'the rest of the story'. I think sensitivity is what's lacking from your posting.

I didn't call you a troll, explicitly. However what you say and do has an effect. That's why people usually try to have 'situational awareness' and exert some caution and care.

Enjoy your light. I apologize for being harsh. Truly.

Be it ever so humble, there's no place like localhost.
    holy smokes lay off

ask any big vendor here, IlluminationSupply, IlluminationGear, PhotonFanatic, Going Gear, Peak, BatteryJunction and others...
    what I have been doing...I drop in out of the sky in January after finding this forum and been buying lights like a mad dog
    these last few weeks. I am not trying to troll anyone. I wanted a Wee and these forums scared me off almost, but said screw
    it I will just try to get one. and I did so I just indicated that HERE to show that at least this dude is alive and there
    actually is still a real company or enterprise that is operating and supplying what they say they will...to ME. YMMV

anyone waiting and grinding on the issue should stop being wishywashy and go after VISA to get a refund and
    they will launch an investigation armed with many lawyers. That is the way to deal with the issue....NOT sleeping on it
    or hoping Paypal complaints will help...
    Last edited by egrep; 01-20-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234