Olympia Products
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting in touch with PEAK

Default Getting in touch with PEAK. Issue being resolved

I am trying to get in touch with Curt or anyone at PEAK.
    I did not want to create a thread but I have called the number on the PEAK website a dozen times with messages, sent a PM to curt but haven't gotten a reply.

Is the number on the PEAK website current? The answering machine message doesn't say the companies name but I am assuming its Robin's voice.

Is there another way to get in touch?
    Thanks
    Last edited by eyeeatingfish; 12-29-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Default Re: Getting in touch with PEAK

Not sure if it's useful but here's an old thread on the subject How to get a hold of Peak?
    Norm

still trying to get a hold of peak.... Curt, you out there?

I made a post before that since Peak is almost impossible to get hold of,
    that I do most all of their customer service, and I am easy to get hold of
    Thanks
    Bob
    -- RMSK, INC. --
    1-502-327-0135

Sadly, if we want a custom configured light, it takes a call to Peak. My last call was to Curt and the order never arrived. So... next Peak I get will be from Bob.
    Brian

After getting an HDS, other flashlights seem much less relevant (Except for some of the really special lights found on CPF!)
    When things are really dark, a dim light for a long time is much better than a blinding light for a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by DUMDUM View Post
    I made a post before that since Peak is almost impossible to get hold of,
    that I do most all of their customer service, and I am easy to get hold of
    Thanks
    Bob
    I appreciate your reply however this is reguarding a light that I sent into PEAK directly for service. If I called you would you be able to contact them on my behalf? I am fine ordering from you but right now they have my $200 light and I can't get in touch. What do you suggest I do?

I will try to talk to Peak and post a reply when I do
    Thanks
    Bob
    -- RMSK, INC. --
    1-502-327-0135

Exclamation Re: Getting in touch with PEAK

I have had the same thing.

I have been trying to get a tailcap switch for my Caribbean for over a year now.

Phone: No answer.
    Email: Nothing.
    In Person: Now this was interesting. I got to actually go to Clear Creek, in northern Arizona, just north of Phoenix.

A nice lady at a dental office to the left of Safeway helped me figure out what was going on. 118-249 sounds like a RANGE of suites rented or leased out. But then it doesn't, because most people wouldn't do that. They'd get a larger facility instead: further, most people aren't allowed by district to put manufacturing facilities in a shopping center. But maybe it is their storefront. Okay so let's go down and see what we find.

This is the overhead view of the area. (Credit: Google Inc.)

And then I found Suite 118. See where that white car is pulled up to the storefronts near the handicap parking, near the middle adjacent to the silver car?

Right. That's a commercial mail receiving agency, like UPS storefronts, Mail Boxes Etc, and so forth. I spoke with a clerk inside, wondering if I could contact the owner of that box. She cited privacy reasons, which for an individual I would fully understand, but for a company (LLC?) it's a bit murky in my eye.

So there you have it. I sent $10 by Postal Money Order, called Robin by phone and had her bill my debit card (never went through), called her back again to have her repeat it (still never got it), sent emails (never replied), tried calling three times while I was there in plain daytime (around noon) and got nothing, AND made a post on CPF (and got nothing, I figured they'd respond here). And visited in person.

For this, I might be forced to take my Caribbean off my EDC duty, and chuck it into a carry bag -- and look for something else that has a 3W module with one 123a (and a tailcap switch: or possibly a 6v one). I NEED a tail cap switch.

Why did I go with Peak in the beginning? Ugh, because they were made in USA? (or so they say)

Oh: And the original Caribbean I had had improper machining threads cut on the head, so it would flicker (Flickr?) if jiggled when turned on. Sent it back, got a replacement, and it has a defect on the lens of the LED. I decided not to send it back, citing increasing difficulty in communication (and figured their QC was a bit lacking).
    Last edited by icecube; 08-18-2011 at 10:19 AM. Reason: numerous modifications and additions
    -Arc AAA-P r.4,r.5, Peak LED Sol. Caribbean 3W Lux (retired), Foursevens QTLC Gen 2

I'm not so sure I'd go so far as to suggest off-shore construction etc. I've had a ton of issues contacting Peak, but overall have had responses eventually. Not timely, but not left hanging forever.

It's a small operation with few people. I don't think they are able to keep up with any kind of demands. Good people, but perhaps it's best dealing with the dealers? I deal with Peak because I'm not in the states and I end up wanting custom stuff.

Overall, nice stuff, just frustrating to deal with.

Flashaholic*

Had a great conversation with Curt tonight. Salt of the earth folks. I can assure you the lights are 100% USA made. Yes, communicating with them is challenging, but like Gunga, they should not leave you hanging forever like that. Hopefully Bob will jump in here.

eala

Eala with both feet glad you got to talk to Curt they are leaving me hanging, I have not talked to them in almost three weeks now.
    Bob
    Last edited by DUMDUM; 08-18-2011 at 08:35 PM.
    -- RMSK, INC. --
    1-502-327-0135

Send them an email Bob. Strange you have difficulty as you are directly linked to Peak. Curt should hire an "Ambassador to Peak" that would act as a go to PR person and also keep Bob in the loop a little better. Win/Win with this idea.

I forgot to mention, while it has been frustrating, when I have talked to Curt and Robyn, it has been very pleasant and informative.

They need more staff!
    Last edited by gunga; 08-23-2011 at 01:51 AM.

Flashaholic*

I'll put in a good word for you Bob.

eala

Eala everyone needs friends in high places

Bob
    -- RMSK, INC. --
    1-502-327-0135

This is making progress. Or not.

While I don't have the time or patience to call Peak every day to try to get through, how can I get what I want?

It's just a simple switch. Send me a PM asking for an address. Throw it in a letter envelope. Stamp it. Out the mail.

Not even a half-hour's worth of time. I'm not being demanding, it's just that simple stuff to maintain your customers means something. Arc Flashlight got their forum pulled for lack of communication and standards.
    -Arc AAA-P r.4,r.5, Peak LED Sol. Caribbean 3W Lux (retired), Foursevens QTLC Gen 2

Quote Originally Posted by icecube View Post
    In Person: Now this was interesting. I got to actually go to Clear Creek, in northern Arizona, just north of Phoenix.

A nice lady at a dental office to the left of Safeway helped me figure out what was going on. 118-249 sounds like a RANGE of suites rented or leased out. But then it doesn't, because most people wouldn't do that. They'd get a larger facility instead: further, most people aren't allowed by district to put manufacturing facilities in a shopping center. But maybe it is their storefront. Okay so let's go down and see what we find.

This is the overhead view of the area. (Credit: Google Inc.)

I had to laugh when I saw this. While on vacation in AZ earlier this year I happened to be in Cave Creek one day so I tried to find them. I ended up in the same Safeway parking lot thinking this can't be right. I wasn't particularly surprised it ended up being a wild goose chase though.

KROMA
    TICS

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon of Light View Post
    Send them an email Bob. Strange you have difficulty as you are directly linked to Peak. Curt should hire an "Ambassador to Peak" that would act as a go to PR person and also keep Bob in the loop a little better. Win/Win with this idea.
    Heh, this might work if the ambassador is located with Curt. Otherwise, the ambassador might be ignored for three weeks too!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bits View Post
    Heh, this might work if the ambassador is located with Curt. Otherwise, the ambassador might be ignored for three weeks too!
    good point 2bits

Quote Originally Posted by KROMATICS View Post
    I had to laugh when I saw this. While on vacation in AZ earlier this year I happened to be in Cave Creek one day so I tried to find them. I ended up in the same Safeway parking lot thinking this can't be right. I wasn't particularly surprised it ended up being a wild goose chase though.
    Cave Creek is their mailing address, not the location of the business.

Quote Originally Posted by icecube View Post
    I got to actually go to Clear Creek, in northern Arizona, just north of Phoenix.
    The mailing address is Cave Creek, not Clear Creek.

We are located just south of the Deer Valley airport in N. Phoenix. The address
    is 519 W. Lone Cactus Dr. ste 202 thru 205. On the Google maps it is located as
    R & C Mfg.

We stopped answering the phone because of the large number of complaints about
    our currley fries and slow drive through window service.

Curt
    I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me a PEAK flashlight, or give me the dark.

I know Curt, your curly fries are usually a bit stale. I like em Crispy.

It's too bad, talking to you has always been a pleasure, and very informative.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt R View Post
    R & C Mfg.

We stopped answering the phone because of the large number of complaints about
    our currley fries and slow drive through window service.

Curt
    How should I correspond with you curt? You called me once but I missed the call and have tried calling and emailing with no luck.

Flashaholic*

I prefer my fries twisty...

Curt (or Robyn), do you still have time to to send out replacement o-rings and foam donuts?

Will you be supplying Bob with Delrin battery tube caps?
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    -- Albert Einstein

+1 Delrin battery tube caps

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by jabe1 View Post
    I prefer my fries twisty...

Curt (or Robyn), do you still have time to to send out replacement o-rings and foam donuts?

Will you be supplying Bob with Delrin battery tube caps?
    I will send some of the Delrin battery caps to Bob with my next shipment...

If you send me a SASE with a note of o-ring sizes and battery tube sizes you would like donuts for, I will take care of it.

Mailing address:

29834 N. Cave Creek #118-249
    Cave Creek, AZ 85331

Robyn

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Curt R View Post
    R & C Mfg.

Curt
    Please keep in mind, yes this is our physical address, but it is NOT a store front...it is a manufacturing facility. If you are going to be in town and would like a tour ... please make an appointment, and no children please...it's just not safe. Thank you.

O-ring and foam donuts are sent out when you send a SASE and the
    info as to what type you need. That also goes for windows and trim
    rings and key rings.

Other parts such as battery tube caps and head diffusers can be ordered
    from RMSK along with flashlights. If you only need a battery cap at $3.50
    USD, you can order it from us directly.

Curt
    I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me a PEAK flashlight, or give me the dark.

Curt, as it looks like you are online now can you please tell me the best way to get in touch so we can talk about the repair issue?
    Thankyou.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast