BlackShadow
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting in touch with PEAK

Unenlightened

Default Re: Getting in touch with PEAK

Well lets not say that everyone has been taken care of and lets also say that good people don't always make good business. If they are too busy, then get someone to answer phones and take messages. They seem to have time to fill custom orders for select people but for the products that are "in stock, shipping within 24-48 hours", there is no answer. Curt, you must be an engineer, such a precise estimate with no regard for missing it. No call, no email, no answer and no light. Good thing I ordered batteries and a charger for it (from another company). They shipped it, I paid it and its here... novel concept, I know. I don't mind waiting for good products, just dont like being told one thing and getting another.

Curt or Robin,

Can you please inform us when the 10280 SS Eigers will ship? I also called you a few times, not to bother you about my order, but to ask you if you are interested in a PVD coated version of the eiger. I am sending some parts to get coated and I wanted to see if you would like to send me 2 stainless housings (10180 version maybe?) and I will get them coated for us, free of charge to you. There are two options, one is a Titanium Carbo-Nitride (TiCN) and the other is Titanium Aluminum Nitride (TiAlN). The TiAlN is a gunmetal grey color and the finish depends on the surface finish of the stainless. The eigers that I have seen (pictures of coarse, haha) would look very nice with the TiAlN. The scratch resistance is very high and is a very durable coating. I was thinking that you could assemble both of them, keep one and send one back to me. We can work out the logistics and moneys if Curt is your real name and you actually exist.

Sincerely,

Cool Headed (pun intended) Pissed off Peak Customer, aka the new Peak norm

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by sassaquin View Post
    Oh no, looks like it really needs some warranty work. From what Robyn said, I feel very confidant that my lights are going to come back in tip-top shape and I will report their condition when they return.
    It's also noticeably dimmer and a donut hole has appeared in the center of the hot spot. Hopefully Peak can get this fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by LightHeaded37 View Post
    Well lets not say that everyone has been taken care of and lets also say that good people don't always make good business. If they are too busy, then get someone to answer phones and take messages. They seem to have time to fill custom orders for select people but for the products that are "in stock, shipping within 24-48 hours", there is no answer. Curt, you must be an engineer, such a precise estimate with no regard for missing it. No call, no email, no answer and no light. Good thing I ordered batteries and a charger for it (from another company). They shipped it, I paid it and its here... novel concept, I know. I don't mind waiting for good products, just dont like being told one thing and getting another.

Curt or Robin,

Can you please inform us when the 10280 SS Eigers will ship? I also called you a few times, not to bother you about my order, but to ask you if you are interested in a PVD coated version of the eiger. I am sending some parts to get coated and I wanted to see if you would like to send me 2 stainless housings (10180 version maybe?) and I will get them coated for us, free of charge to you. There are two options, one is a Titanium Carbo-Nitride (TiCN) and the other is Titanium Aluminum Nitride (TiAlN). The TiAlN is a gunmetal grey color and the finish depends on the surface finish of the stainless. The eigers that I have seen (pictures of coarse, haha) would look very nice with the TiAlN. The scratch resistance is very high and is a very durable coating. I was thinking that you could assemble both of them, keep one and send one back to me. We can work out the logistics and moneys if Curt is your real name and you actually exist.

Sincerely,

Cool Headed (pun intended) Pissed off Peak Customer, aka the new Peak norm
    Hi LightHeaded37,

Welcome to CPF! It sounds like people are having better luck getting in touch with Peak. I would give them another try and see what happens. If they don't respond you should take further action. If they do, more power to you.
    Last edited by dudemar; 12-09-2011 at 08:38 PM.
    Funniest CPF thread ever. I promise it'll make your day.

no word yet...

Flashaholic*

Yikes. Try shooting an email, sounds like people have recently had better luck with it. If you already did and Peak hasn't responded, the BBB is still an option.
    Last edited by dudemar; 12-22-2011 at 02:59 PM.

I inquired about a light via email to peak about a week ago. No response back. I think you'd have better luck getting a chinese light and dealing with their customer service, opposed to dealing with Peak. I think this company's days are numbered. Sad...

Flashaholic*

I wrote Peak an email yesterday regarding my NP300A and Logan. If I don't hear anything back I'll let you guys know.

Flashaholic*

Default !Re: Getting in touch with PEAK

Email responded by Robyn! Will be sending package for warranty tomorrow as USPS is closed today.

duro + eyeeatingfish: Try sending another email! I got a response so it's worth a try.

Default Re: !Re: Getting in touch with PEAK

I sent an email to Robyn and curt called me the next day. I don't know if he had been working on the project for a while or just overnight. He is charging me the difference between the FR400 and the SR450 so he did upgrade it. I heard earlier that the upgrade could not be done but from the explanation it sounded as he worked a little bit extra to upgrade the flashlight.

He told me that the shop had been busy designing a custom light for the military. He told me that it was not going to be for sale to the public and that a different company would be making the light. He could not tell me what the light would be called or anything.

So it is finally being resolved. I hope that my experience does not continue but I am happy to get back my light. I will hold off on buying another from them for a little while to make sure their customer service is back on track.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by eyeeatingfish View Post
    So it is finally being resolved. I hope that my experience does not continue but I am happy to get back my light. I will hold off on buying another from them for a little while to make sure their customer service is back on track.
    Ditto.

I received my light back yesterday upgraded to the SR450 version. Just had to pay the difference in prices of the flashlights, I guess they spared me the cost of labor which is nice.

By the way the light is awesome. Throws very far, good wide flood, very happy with the new light.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by eyeeatingfish View Post
    I received my light back yesterday upgraded to the SR450 version. Just had to pay the difference in prices of the flashlights, I guess they spared me the cost of labor which is nice.

By the way the light is awesome. Throws very far, good wide flood, very happy with the new light.
    Awesome news, glad to hear you finally got your light back. I sent mine out on 12/27/11, hope to hear back from Peak soon.
    Last edited by dudemar; 01-05-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Popcorn Re: !Re: Getting in touch with PEAK

Quote Originally Posted by dudemar View Post
    Awesome news, glad to hear you finally got your light back. I sent mine out on 12/27/11, hope to hear back from Peak soon.

Anticipating with hope.

FaithinGod
    Last edited by FaithinGod; 01-06-2012 at 06:38 AM. Reason: clarity of message

Just a "bump-up" of this thread in hopes dudemar and any others in need of customer service from Peak has any good news to report?

If any of you have, would you be so kind as to offer an update?

Thank you in advance.

FaithinGod

Flashaholic*

No news yet, keeping fingers crossed. Hope to hear from Peak soon.

Thank you for the update dudemar, I remain hopeful as well.

FaithinGod

Just another bump in this thread, wondering if anyone has had contact with Peak about customer needs and any updates?

Hopefully,

FaithinGod

Flashaholic*

Unfortunately nothing new. Getting close to the 2 month mark since I sent my lights out. I think I'll shoot Peak an email.

Thank you dudemar, for giving us an update.

FaithinGod

Flashaholic*

Sent my NP300A SS and Logan 17500 exactly 2 months ago to the day, no response. I sent an email to Robyn Seabert exactly 2 weeks ago to the day, no response. If I don't hear anything soon I'm getting in touch with the BBB.
    Last edited by dudemar; 02-27-2012 at 11:49 AM.

Thank you for keeping us updated dudemar.

I am very sorry to hear of your struggle continuing.

I hope your repair will be completed and returned to you soon.

My consideration of purchasing more from Peak has also been on hold because of the problems owners such as you have experienced.

FaithinGod.

Flashaholic*

Thanks for the support. I just sent another email this morning.

Sad to hear the same condition or illness is continuing.

Peak, thank you for motivating myself to buy a Quark 123 series light. Should be better, much better.
    -Arc AAA-P r.4,r.5, Peak LED Sol. Caribbean 3W Lux (retired), Foursevens QTLC Gen 2

Flashaholic*

I received an email from Peak 2 weeks ago saying the NP300 will be ready in a few days.

Great news dudemar! Thank you very much for keeping us posted! A terribly long wait for you, but great to hear nonetheless.

FaithinGod

Just bumping this thread, asking if any members who sent lights in to Peak for warranty repair, were sent back and if all is good or still pending...?

FaithinGod

I received an email from Peak 2 weeks ago saying the NP300 will be ready in a few days.
    One more bump, with sincere interest, do you have any news dudemar, on your NP300 repair?

FaithinGod

Flashaholic*

In the 1 month+ since I last heard from Peak, I only hear crickets chirping.

The ball is and has always been in Peak's hands. The longer the wait the worse their reputation gets.
    Last edited by dudemar; 04-16-2012 at 04:42 PM.

I ordered a Peak Eiger 10180 on April 5th. They claimed to have shipped it on April 9th via USPS Priority Mail which takes no more than 3 days to go across country. Here it is 9 days after shipping and still nothing. My email request for the status and tracking number has not been answered. Very dissapointing.
    "God saw that the light was good" Genesis 1:4

Flashaholic*

Did you order direct from Peak, RMSK or Oveready?

Did you order direct from Peak, RMSK or Oveready?
    I ordered directly from the website: http://www.peakledsolutions.net/ At that time, the web site was operational. Now it just says "under construction."
    "God saw that the light was good" Genesis 1:4

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast