Foxfury Breakthrough
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Getting in touch with PEAK

Default Re: Getting in touch with PEAK

I'm also waiting, web site stated in stock. Ordered on 3-21, got a thank you email on 4/4, got a shipped email on 4/9, haven't seen anything to date. This is may be my last peak...

Quote Originally Posted by frank777 View Post
    I ordered a Peak Eiger 10180 on April 5th. They claimed to have shipped it on April 9th via USPS Priority Mail which takes no more than 3 days to go across country. Here it is 9 days after shipping and still nothing. My email request for the status and tracking number has not been answered. Very dissapointing.

Thank you for keeping us updated dudemar, I am sorry to hear of the ongoing delay with your repair. I wonder if Bob of RMSK could assist, in his new position with Peak as their customer rep?

Still hoping,
    FaithinGod

Flashaholic*

I can finally bring this chapter to a close. After a 4 month wait, I will be receiving the lights tomorrow 3/25 via USPS.

Quote Originally Posted by whill44 View Post
    I'm also waiting, web site stated in stock. Ordered on 3-21, got a thank you email on 4/4, got a shipped email on 4/9, haven't seen anything to date. This is may be my last peak...
    Try emailing Robyn, that'll help a lot more than the Peak address.
    Last edited by dudemar; 04-27-2012 at 03:03 AM.
    Funniest CPF thread ever. I promise it'll make your day.

Quote Originally Posted by whill44 View Post
    My original order was on April 5th, and here it is 3 weeks later--still nothing. Peak completely ignored two emails and my phone call. Filed claim with credit card company today. Your loss, Peak.
    "God saw that the light was good" Genesis 1:4

Flashaholic*

Package came a day later than expected because of an odd mix up, but it arrived on 4/26 nonetheless. Here's the review: Curt made the NP300A reflector with a high mirror shine. I just used it outdoors and the difference in throw between the fingerprint smudged reflector isn't marginal- it's massive! I'm shocked at the amount of throw the NP300A is capable of. Boy am I glad I didn't settle with "nothing's perfect in this world." The reflector does indeed play a significant role in the way the light works. Robyn also threw in an extra aluminum body, which was very generous!

The Logan came in excellent condition. The head was replaced and the QTC is much more forgiving than it was originally. Previously I had to mash on the momentary. Now a gentle push will suffice. I'm a very happy camper with both lights. While it's 4 months late Peak finally did make a wrong right, and that counts for something. In comparison to their previous CS (which was absolute zero) this is a positive change.

To put it in perspective at least they're getting somewhere with their CS. I hope this recent trend will continue to pick up. Thanks Peak, and a special thank you to FaithinGod and sassaquin for helping me and keeping my hopes up. I'll regularly check on this thread to see how things pan out with other customers. Don't lose hope guys, it might take some time but it will work out!!!
    Last edited by dudemar; 04-28-2012 at 10:22 PM.

What is this reflector version of the NP300?I got the SR450 because that was the only one with a reflector despite it being bigger than I wanted, now I find out they have a reflector version of the smaller lights? I would have opted for the FR or NP series in that case.

Flashaholic*

AFAIK the NP series always had a reflector.
    Last edited by dudemar; 04-28-2012 at 10:04 PM.

I'm so pleased to hear of the good news, dudemar, that you finally got your lights back and that the problems have been fixed (and an extra aluminum body included). It really helps restore the hope.

Thanks for your kind words, I'm glad my ongoing inquiries into you and others pending repairs was helpful.

FaithinGod

Quote Originally Posted by frank777 View Post
    My original order was on April 5th, and here it is 3 weeks later--still nothing. Peak completely ignored two emails and my phone call. Filed claim with credit card company today. Your loss, Peak.
    Finally got my Peak Eiger today about 1 month after the order. It's a decent light, very floody--60 lumin model. It lasts about 25 minutes on the 10180 3.7 volt battery.
    "God saw that the light was good" Genesis 1:4

Flashaholic*

I'm happy to hear you finally got your Eiger frank777. I'm in love with my NP300A and Logan.

Flashaholic*

Can someone PM me an email address to Peak other than the Sales(at)peakledsolutions(dot)net?

Flashaholic

This thread is terrible for customer relations ......... I was gonna buy my first Peak light , WAS, but after seeing this thread I think I might have second thoughts.
    I was told to come here and listen to what others had to say about Peak lights , it appears the customer service aint the greatest.
    I have to give this more thought now.

Flashaholic*

Keep in mind you're reading posts from a while ago. Peak has made a huge effort to improve their CS since then. I can attest to that. 7 months after getting my lights back I'm happy with the job they did. My advice is give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by eyeeatingfish View Post
    What is this reflector version of the NP300?I got the SR450 because that was the only one with a reflector despite it being bigger than I wanted, now I find out they have a reflector version of the smaller lights? I would have opted for the FR or NP series in that case.
    Sorry Eye I think the NPs have an optic. After a really close examination and experience with similar optics, I'm leaning towards optic. It looks shiny like a reflector, but I guess looks can be deceiving. It's still one heck of a thrower.
    Last edited by dudemar; 11-30-2012 at 12:49 AM.