So where ARE those Surefire magazines?

ayglass

Newly Enlightened
So, where ARE those Surefire magazines?

Ok, I'll freely admit that I've put on my tin-foil hat again....

For 3 months my $$$ have been staying with my local Surefire dealer backing up my order for a few of the Surefire magazines. They are Surefire, so when I saw them, I had to have them. (my pens, lights, knives and magazines can match now right?)

So after hearing promises over and over that they would be shipped "on the 20th" I started wondering how many 20ths will pass before they really ship. As I registered my last couple of lights on the Surefire site I would include a comment about those missing magazines with my registration.

My last comment apparently hit a nerve. I suggested that "maybe Surefire is holding back on the shipment as a favor to someone who gives them government contracts who would like them held until some restriction or another can pass into law". I quickly got an email from Surefire assuring me that they are shipping to my dealer and suggesting that I contact my dealer.

I contacted my local dealer. He laughed!... No shipping notice, no tracking number, no magazines...

What do the rest of you think? Should I put batteries in my tin-foil hat on this one?

Last edited by a moderator:

Paladin

Enlightened
Unless your rifle has a happy switch why bother with the 60 and 100 round mags? Go PMAG and don't look back...

Paladin

fortyfiveautomatic

Newly Enlightened
60 rounds no reload is fun, happy switch or not.

I have AK drum mags without f/a there, either, as do a ton of other guys.

For the price, though, I think I'd just stick with the KCI 100 rd. beta c-mag clones.

na1lb0hm

Newly Enlightened
60 rounds no reload is fun, happy switch or not.

I have AK drum mags without f/a there, either, as do a ton of other guys.

For the price, though, I think I'd just stick with the KCI 100 rd. beta c-mag clones.

I will watch this thread with thinly veiled jealousy.... haha. maybe once you get some 60 rounders, you can pin them at 5, get all the applicable export licenses and send some to Canada? just so we can pretend to play with the big boys?

until then pmags are the route.