Orbtronic 18650 batteries and charger

mrlysle

Enlightened
Man, those really look nice! And the charger looks really nice as well. I'll be anxious to see how they perform, and how well the charger does. Please let us know after you've used them a while.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Batteries looks like this:
Soshine-2800-b.jpg

I got this discharge curve from them:
Capacity-Soshine-2800.png

In my 18650 roundup, but I bought them from DX.

bullinchinashop

Enlightened
The Orbtronic (SoShine) charger is advertised as a "rapid charger" but this thing is still taking forever.
I plugged in the charger at about 7pm last night and unplugged it at about 9pm. I plugged it in again at about 4:30am and it's now 6am and the lights are still red.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Many LiIon chargers are slow, i.e. it can take 5 to 9 hours to charge from empty batteries. You can see a test of some chargers on my website (But not the Soshine).

bullinchinashop

Enlightened
Many LiIon chargers are slow, i.e. it can take 5 to 9 hours to charge from empty batteries. You can see a test of some chargers on my website (But not the Soshine).

Thanks for the info. This is my first experience with any kind of rechargeable batteries of any kind so I didn't know what to expect.

bullinchinashop

Enlightened
About 7:20am one channel starting blinking green and the other channel started blinking green about 7 minutes later. The lights flashing green means the battery is between 80% - 90% charged

"Specification:

Input:: 12V DC 1200mA (min)
Output: 4.2VDC 1000mA*1 1000mA *2

2 Individual LED indicate:
Light off = Stand by /
Red on = Battery Charging /
Flashing Green = 80-90% complete /
Green on = Charge complete /
Flashing Red = Battery error

• Light off = Stand by
  • Red on = Battery Charging
  • Flashing Green = 80-90% complete
  • Green on = Charge complete
  • Flashing Red = Battery error

Feature

- End-of-charge voltage detection assures the safe and full charge any time

- Short-circuit protection

- Over voltage cut-off protection ----- prevents damage to your battery due to over voltage

- Complete individual channels ------ convenience; prevent 2 batteries charge each other

- Charge Method: CC/CV -------------- Charge battery fully and quickly

- Reverse polarity protection --------- prevent damage to your battery and charger

Package content:

1x Quick li-ion 18650 charger
2x 18650 protected lithium-ion rechargeable batteries
1x 110V/220V AC adapter
1x 12V car (cigarette lighter) adapter"

At about 7:58am the light on second channel was solid green so we're looking at a total charge time of about 6 hours

Last edited:

Bat

Newly Enlightened
SOSHINE is NOT a USA brand and definitely not made in USA. You've been scammed.:wave::wave:

bullinchinashop

Enlightened
SOSHINE is NOT a USA brand and definitely not made in USA. You've been scammed.:wave::wave:

Oh great
Thanks for the heads-up. Are these Chinese cells?
The batteries & charger seem to be working fine so far (Crosses fingers)
I will be getting AW next - No one seems to have anything negative to say about those batteries.

Bat

Newly Enlightened
Oh great
Thanks for the heads-up. Are these Chinese cells?
The batteries & charger seem to be working fine so far (Crosses fingers)
I will be getting AW next - No one seems to have anything negative to say about those batteries.

Soshine's quality is like ultrafire, maybe a little better.

ofcoz anyone can open a shelf company overseas and claims they are from wherever they are.

Last edited:

Bat

Newly Enlightened
They're Chinese cells. I just looked more closely at on of them and it says on the wrapper "made in China".

maybe the actual capacity is 1700mAh
all those reviews on Dealxxtrxmx are either fake or manipulated.....

or "2800mAh" is just the model number :D:D:D

Last edited:

bullinchinashop

Enlightened
maybe the actual capacity is 1700mAh

or "2800mAh" is just the model number :D:D:D

I got these from orbtronic.com through Amazon
I've seen so many horror stories about Deal Extreme I never ordered from them.

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast

I doubt that, I've seen plenty of negative reviews and none of my reviews have been manipulated.

I've seen so many horror stories about Deal Extreme I never ordered from them.

I've placed 20 orders through DX, not one has failed to arrive and I have always received the products that I ordered. I did once receive a lighter that had a faulty piezo electric unit (no click or spark), when I contacted DX they sent out a replacement at no cost and I didn't even have to send back the faulty product.

Check the reviews on what is a good product for the price:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/trustf...h-rechargeable-lithium-batteries-2-pack-20392
Compare to reviews on rubbish products:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-18650-3-7v-3000mah-lithium-batteries-2-pack-26249
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultraf...lithium-batteries-yellow-2-battery-pack-51988
Notice the negative reviews, enough to discourage me from buying the products.
I have bought what DX claim to be genuine brand name products and they certainly seem to be genuine. I have bought really cheap stuff that is as cheaply made as you would expect. I've pretty much got what I expected from almost everything I have bought from them - the reviews and product forums help a lot with that.

Bat

Newly Enlightened
I doubt that, I've seen plenty of negative reviews and none of my reviews have been manipulated.

I've placed 20 orders through DX, not one has failed to arrive and I have always received the products that I ordered. I did once receive a lighter that had a faulty piezo electric unit (no click or spark), when I contacted DX they sent out a replacement at no cost and I didn't even have to send back the faulty product.

Check the reviews on what is a good product for the price:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/trustf...h-rechargeable-lithium-batteries-2-pack-20392
Compare to reviews on rubbish products:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-18650-3-7v-3000mah-lithium-batteries-2-pack-26249
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultraf...lithium-batteries-yellow-2-battery-pack-51988
Notice the negative reviews, enough to discourage me from buying the products.
I have bought what DX claim to be genuine brand name products and they certainly seem to be genuine. I have bought really cheap stuff that is as cheaply made as you would expect. I've pretty much got what I expected from almost everything I have bought from them - the reviews and product forums help a lot with that.

1. they delete negative reviews / won't publish it at all, & users have incentive to publish glowing positive reviews
2. they send you FAKE refund emails & i need to contact PayPal directly to get my money back.

Bat

Newly Enlightened
FAKE refund i received quite recently:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Real refund directly from Paypal after winning Paypal claim (Reason: FAKE refund email):

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

they are not even a REAL Hong Kong company to begin with. Just bunch of guys from China (Shenzhen, maybe?) who happen to post their goods via Hongkong Post through those posting agents in China

Last edited: