light lane

Savvas

Enlightened
Yeah - I'd noticed the DX product too. I have no experience of lasers and I did wonder if such a small package could actually produce such a marked artifact 'on the road'. Other iterations of this idea have employed a projected, modulated image rather than just 2 separate and distinct laser beams (which I have assumed the DX light uses). They've been repeatedly written up in various paper and online magazines though - apart from the DX light - I'm yet to see a product as such. Personally I reckon the motion of having a warning light bright and directional enough to cast a bright pool of light onto the road and surrounding surfaces probably has more 'notice' value. Drivers aren't necessarily looking for 'image detail' such as a lane marker etc - rather I reckon they register brightness and area illuminated.

Sam.

Harl

Newly Enlightened
Interesting but I don't think it's bright enough. Green would be more visible than red. Maybe more useful to rider straighter?

redorblack

Newly Enlightened
I thought about ordering this, but I really do not think it's enough light to be seen under most conditions... ie. in a car's headlights. I've run DownLowGlow lights (neon tubes) which DO work... amazingly well from personal experience. Instead of trying to draw a narrow bike lane, they mark the whole lane around you in a can't be ignored cloud of color.