"universal" headband ?

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recall seeing a "universal" headband to hold lights. I can't find what I'm looking for anywhere.
It wasn't like the Fenix one with the plastic adapter, just a decent band with, IIRC, an elastic band to hold a light.

Any help is appreciated, I'm trying to avoid sewing one myself.

Lightdadark

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, thats the one I have... the Nitecore from lightjunction.com. Works great, fully adjustable with straps to hold lights on top and the sides.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jakstrap. I have one and it seems high quality. Do a google image search for 'jackstrap,' and you will regret it.

Thanks for the help!

No thanks on the Google search!:sick2:

These both look workable, although my hope is to find something that can hold a AAA light across my forehead.
Everything I see appears to be for larger diameter lights.

upriver

Newly Enlightened
The nitecore headband works for an AAA or small AA light (quark mini aa2).

Initially, I found it to small for my head even adjusted out all the way. I solved this by cutting off the plastic adjustment pieces on each side and letting the band out all the way.

Works great for me with an itp a3, with the included clip securing it to the headband loop on top. I wouldn't use it with a heavy light on top as the top band feels like it would flop around.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
The nitecore headband is the most universal headband I've found, and is available at batteryjunction.com for $7.50. With the light on top of your head the light can be adjusted to face forward or you can slide it down (close to your forhead) and aim the light down for reading or close up work. Most headbands have a loop where you wear the light on the side of your head pointing forward only with no way of adjusting the light down. By wearing the light on top of your head & being able to slide it forward or back solves this problem. It's best to use single cell lights on top of your head for comfort....larger lights will move around a little, but it's quite a firm fit with the smaller lights, even when running.

A better option I've found though is using a zebralight H51 (angled light,) but using it on a niteize headband. The niteize headband is very comfortable with no bouncing around, plus no need for the top strap since this light is an angled headlight.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received a nice, new Niteize headband today, and I'm impressed, especially when considering the price!

Now, since I just got Peak 90 degree adapters for my Eiger and ElCapitan, I have the ability to use a Peak headlamp!:naughty:

Both lights fit well in the elastics, and the band is primarily nylon strap, not elastic, so it should last awhile.

Latest posts