Click to visit Lumintop new flashlights!
Page 16 of 135 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516171819202122232666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail??

Default Re: Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail??

Mac's Red Devil and Ti XM-L edc 2.8a

Waiting on one of the new titanium eagletacs that are coming out soon. I did a pre order
    Eagletac P20C2 MKII, T20C2 MKII, T20C2 MKII & T100C2 MK II - Inova XO3 - Solarforce L2P & L2M - Jetbeam BC40 - Lumapower Trust 2 - C30 Flood-to-Throw AAA

Flashaholic

My MTE H6-i arrived today - review will follow soon It's a nice compact thrower.
    At the moment I am waiting for a JetBeam RRT-0 Raptor, a Tank TK-703 in red, a LumaPower MRV Sidekick 4, a HDS Rotary and a Lummi Wee NS Neutral which was sent out on monday.

I ordered a Sunway T20C last night. Hopefully it will ship monday.
    In god we trust.........all others are suspects
    There are no problems in life that can not be solved with high explosives or small arms
    Too many new lights to list

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Ultrafire quality is like the sanity level among patients in a mental ward. It varies to an incredible degree, not just by models, but by each individual item. Back when I still used my WF-139, it wouldn't ever charge up the Ultrafire cells I had. I have never before or since encountered a situation in which electronic items under the same brand name were actually incompatible with each other. Ironically, the ultrafire charger worked just fine with my AW brand cells.

I hope my charger works. I trust batteryjunction to sell quality items. If i was a retailor owner i would never sell junk.

That's the thing with Ultrafire . . . Sometimes you get lucky as Hell. But it's not worth the gamble. Imagine if one of the guests at the insane asylum got your keys and unlocked her cell door right in front of you. She might try to run, she might try to gouge out your eyes, she might just stand there looking up at the ceiling, or she might smile and give you a hug cause she thinks she's a little girl and thinks you're her daddy.

And, with Ultrafire, even if it works perfectly fine now. That's no guarantee it's not going to act up down the road. That's why it's best to stay on the safe side and keep ALL the guests locked up.
    I trust lighthound not to sell junk if i was to own a business id never sell junk and a lithium charger is very serious business. I hope my charger does as its suppose to as it is advertised doing. I should just keep and eye on it while its charging. Once its green ill take it off so i dont have to worry about overcharging.

Ordered my first Sunwayman, V10A XM-L version to replace my o'l Tank007 TK568 side pouch EDC, which only have single max output & also my first Jetbeam, PC20 would be inside my pouch as backup EDC, to my tiny 13th collection so far
    Last edited by iron potato; 12-17-2011 at 09:51 AM.

When I first started in high power LED flashlight, without any backup knowledge/information, I ordered from HK eBay seller, some UltraFire, WF139 charger & batteries, 6 Red 3Ah & 4 Blue 2.6Ah, after that I joined CPF, one of the flashaholic told me the blue one is a fake, but my 6 Reds wouldn't charge anymore (not heavy usage), I tried with hobby charger, still no luck. After removed the protection pcb, 4 of them works (re-wrapped & put in a 4x18650 mobile USB power box), two went to recycle. While all the blue UltraFire working normally with the protection pcb till now.

After awhile, I got a Soshine S1 mix-II charger, after Green led lit, I immediately measure with DMM, voltage ranging from 4.16 to 4.18, cells were barely warm, while WF139 cells were warm to the touch, I don't know which is a better charger, but my basic instinct told me not to use WF139...

Onto my UltraFire flashlights, I have got

WF-501A, WF-600L & RL-2088 (works fine, submerged in water basin, water gets in )
    U4-MCU (clicky switch worn, no replacement)

Maybe I'm unlucky with UltraFire, but my other Tank007, Romisen & Fenix all water resists as they should be

Quote Originally Posted by iron potato View Post
    When I first started in high power LED flashlight, without any backup knowledge/information, I ordered from HK eBay seller, some UltraFire, WF139 charger & batteries, 6 Red 3Ah & 4 Blue 2.6Ah, after that I joined CPF, one of the flashaholic told me the blue one is a fake, but my 6 Reds wouldn't charge anymore (not heavy usage), I tried with hobby charger, still no luck. After removed the protection pcb, 4 of them works (re-wrapped & put in a 4x18650 mobile USB power box), two went to recycle. While all the blue UltraFire working normally with the protection pcb till now.

After awhile, I got a Soshine S1 mix-II charger, after Green led lit, I immediately measure with DMM, voltage ranging from 4.16 to 4.18, cells were barely warm, while WF139 cells were warm to the touch, I don't know which is a better charger, but my basic instinct told me not to use WF139...

Onto my UltraFire flashlights, I have got

WF-501A, WF-600L & RL-2088 (works fine, submerged in water basin, water gets in )
    U4-MCU (clicky switch worn, no replacement)

Maybe I'm unlucky with UltraFire, but my other Tank007, Romisen & Fenix all water resists as they should be
    It comes in the mail Monday. So many mixed reviews and variances on the WF139.
    I do have hobby charger for my RC stuff lying around.
    http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dyc-1004.html
    That's my exact charger. I can charge lithium cells with this? How do you guys go about that?
    Last edited by Animalmother; 12-17-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Unenlightened

Grinser2 Re: Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail??

I have it on good authority that I'll be getting a Jetbeam JET-III M for Xmas this year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iron potato View Post
    No, not unlucky. Ultrafire is the only China-based brand that can't even make a decent SureFire 6P clone.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by Animalmother View Post
    . . . I can charge lithium cells with this? How do you guys go about that?
    You mean lithium primaries? Don't even try it. There is no way to charge primaries on this, or any charger. I still recall a thread made by a new member a couple of years back in which his charger nearly caught on fire. He was unsure why he couldn't charge up the generic rechargeable RCR123 cells he had recently bought. He even provided a link to the site and sales page for the generic cells. I took a look, and discovered that they were not generic rechargeable cells. They were actually generic primary cells. And he was fortunate not to have burned down his house.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

I must hope that my WF-139 is a good one. I also bought it to charge other batteries like the 18650 etc... dunno why a reputable retailor would sell it if the charger QC varies so much. What if a newbies buys it and don't know better? I guess it falls into we are responsible for what we buy... oh well.

Thanks for the heads up guys, this is a very serious heads up you guys gave me.
    Much appreciated.

Malikoff M31LW, G3 body, Z44 bezel, McClicky'd Z41 tailcap...

Incandescent Maglite 3C, Malkoff 3-6C drop-in, Talon bezel, Xcape tailcap, pre-cut reflector, 52.1mm Borofloat lens, several AA to C adapter, and Storacell 12-pack GITD AA caddy.

It's a Christmas gift for someone.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Animalmother View Post
    I must hope that my WF-139 is a good one. I also bought it to charge other batteries like the 18650 etc... dunno why a reputable retailor would sell it if the charger QC varies so much. What if a newbies buys it and don't know better? I guess it falls into we are responsible for what we buy... oh well.

Thanks for the heads up guys, this is a very serious heads up you guys gave me.
    Much appreciated.
    PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    No, not unlucky. Ultrafire is the only China-based brand that can't even make a decent SureFire 6P clone.
    Lol ! No more UltraFire for me ~
    Meanwhile, those Blue 2.6Ah UltraFire still serve me good in my TK35 & RL-2088 / WF-800L use on clear night & indoor respectively

Hello All,

First post..been lurking for some time, fantastic pics, excellent reviews, and of course intelligent and skilled members here. I have learned much. Thank you.

These should be here today:

OLIGHT SR51

DEREELIGHT DBS V3 Aspherical w/18650 ext.

beamED

4Sevens Quark AA^2!

Surefire Minimus. It'll be my first headlamp and boy have I done a load of research on this light!

Quote Originally Posted by BeamED View Post
    Hello All,

OLIGHT SR51

DEREELIGHT DBS V3 Aspherical w/18650 ext.

beamED
    Two of my favourite lights, add a little EDC and you have everything covered with 3 lights. No need to buy any more.......... ya right

In God we trust
    For everyone else we have Smith & Wesson

Quote Originally Posted by dougie View Post
    Surefire Minimus. It'll be my first headlamp and boy have I done a load of research on this light!
    And I need a headlamp, still researching this. Let us know how you like it.

In God we trust
    For everyone else we have Smith & Wesson

Quark MiNi 123 and ZTS MINI-MBT arrived today.

Enlightened

Streamlight Stylus Pro. Found a dead one in front of a dealership and gave it to the parts guy and he's bringing me a brand new one. Lifetime warranty!

PS, I've been lucky with the ultrafire I bought, but prob wouldnt go that way again...
    Last edited by TheRealDoodle; 12-19-2011 at 05:15 PM.
    Xeccon SSK-20S 75w HID (7800maH)(Stolen 15*LED XM-L Ultrafire LED Flashlight *4 26650's. Nailbender XM-L P60 drop in and XP-E2 in M3 w/ L2P w/ext-tube-2*18650's. DRY 3*XM-L LED Flashlight *4 18650's. Many More. CALLIES Batteries!

Well the first shipment of T20CS lights have arrived at BJ and the shipping of orders has started, including mine. I'm looking forward to seeing this light in my hands and in front of my camers lens.

McGizmo Sundrop UR-U Head w/XR-E LE (already have the nichia 083b waiting) and a KuKu427 40DD.

Both coming from out of the country (US).

Flashaholic

Klarus X6 The Midas Torch Gold Plated AAA XP-G R5.

Enlightened

Waiting to take delivery of a Jetbeam RRT-3 XML with three free 18650 batteries. Was able to take advantage of some of the sales going on too so am happy about the deal. I have wanted a triple XML light for some time that is not too big or too small that can really put up a wall of light at close to medium distances.

Flashaholic

I the post today should be my new 47 quark 123^2 tactical. Leaving the UK
    is a Mac's SST 50 EDC. Good times.

wrencher

Flashaholic*

Nothing too exciting at the moment.

Just a Solarforce Masterpiece Pro 1 turbohead which I intend to put on a spare Moddoo 2x18650 tube I have laying around. I need a dedicated thrower with decent runtime. OK, I want it...lol.

I ordered the Surefire Fury this morning. I thought I was done buying stuff for a while after receiving my HDS 200T several months ago. But I'm a surefire junkie and couldn't resist this one; 500 lumens for that price in that form factor was too much to resist.

I recently turned down an insane, amazing deal on a NIB 400 lumen M3LT. Somehow my frugality has been rewarded with the release of this much more compact 500 lumen offering. Fingers crossed for a great product.

Page 16 of 135 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516171819202122232666116 ... LastLast