Klarus        
Page 280 of 291 FirstFirst ... 180230270273274275276277278279280281282283284285286287290 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,400 of 8711

Thread: Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail??

Default Re: Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail??

Fenix E01 and a foursevens mini mk II turbo in stainless steel

Quote Originally Posted by vadimax View Post
    Do you want to say that EDCL1-T will happen to be inferior to EB1 in quality?

My EDCL1-T is crossing the pond right now.

Although no experience with the EDCL1-T and others recently added to the surefire family. They to me look instant classics in the making, if anything they look what surefire should have done a bit back . Nice form and design, also nice lumen figures to keep up with that latest(I know not always a good thing). But it shows there is still life In the old dog ! Classic looks and an up to date output.....winner

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Me too CG Callum is already wanting to use it Rach laughed out loud " a torch on a mug................i have seen it all now" . Awesome, just hope mr fixer does the matching dinner set

Ven had received a weapon mount light from PK. Well, Mrs. Ven decided he cannot own a machine gun to mount it to. (Something about them being banned?) After a few days clamped to a Nerf rifle it dawned on him... LEGO!!
    He reached out to me in case somebody sends me a busted PR-1, thinking the 1 setting head of the PRX legos onto a PR-1 body... so since the Mrs wouldn't let him have a machine gun, the next best thing would be a 3 setting PR-1 in one hand with a 1 setting one in the other....

Later Mrs. Fixer came up with coffee cup making stuff. Well I coulda sent a little tube in a box or a cup full of lego parts... so I used a photo he posted, turned it backwards to ensure trademark issues wouldn't cause the government to kick in his doors looking for a machine gun ....
    The E2 was sitting on a shelf whispering to me how it had never been to the United Kingdom before.... so my thought was why not put it in the cup...

The rest was stuff to use on his other lights at some point.
    Plus I wanted to see a couple of stickers make it to that part of the planet....
    John 3:16

Love it! The 6p has had an update since that pic, nice dint in the front of the head . Well not as bad now, thanks to a steal frame and a mallet ....almost round again!

I got my Lazer Triple-R 750 Elite2 in the mail today, if that counts.
    I've given it a quick test, and am right pleased with it! Just what I wanted.

Took me more than a moment to figure out how to fasten the bracket to the light itself...untill I got it under light at the right angle,
    and noticed the 2 small screws were actually recessed hex screws. Heh...
    That explained the included tool too.
    My lights
    #8 - One doesn't feel welcome...

I think the "one is none, two is one" moto should also apply to purchasing lights vs just for carrying them.

New charger on its way, miboxer C4-12 which was recommended to me over a dragon(few returns with faults). So will go with my battery guys experience and see what itís like. Donít really need it as the opus is still going strong, but it will be nice to have more than 1a per bay when all 4 are in use.
    Few more batteries, 16650 for surefire use,16340ís and aspire 18350ís in ampsplus wraps(Norb at ecoluxshop ). Also huge thanks to NL and vinh, a H2r headlamp for work use.

Flashaholic

Received today; . Zebralight SC600FD MK IV
    Yesterday; . MecArmy X4S
    Coming; green Convoy S2+ with Biscotti firmware (delayed a couple of weeks by the Spring Festival holiday, Simon says)

After a shipping error that sent it 800 miles north of me before it returned a few days later than expected, this bad boy arrived today:

ThruNite TN4A NW XP-L. I think I finally have a flashlight that's brighter than the LCD backlights on my Maha MH-C9000s.

Now my flashlight collection is complete.
    Last edited by kpatz; 02-12-2018 at 06:38 PM.

"Complete"? I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by bwalker View Post
    Yeah? He can quit anytime... uh huh.

A minty blue Streamlight Keymate incan.
    I showed it to another member actively seeking one and they said "nah"... so I put in a minimum bid and won it.

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

Inconceivable! Just picked up a like new black Surefire
    Ultra for a great price. Was impressed by my Aluminum Klarus Mi1C mule, really impressed by the solid copper Mi1C so I had to order the Titanium version-the company accidentally sent me the Klarus ST15. Also got a great deal on a brass Peak Eiger/Matterhorn triple. I might not be buying any lights for a while...my last spinal surgery has become infected with MRSA so I get to go see a world famous Neurosurgeon in preparation for a rather nasty upcoming surgery...maybe I have time to pick up just a few more to lift my spirits and play with in the hospital....

Damn Eddie, really hope for a speedy recovery. You have had it real hard and some, life can be so *beep* at times. Keep strong, unfortunately I can not visit you armed with lots of lights, so swapping pics and thoughts on CPF will be cool.

I just got a Storm of Ra.
    On the way I have:

Modded UltraFire F13
    UltraFire F13 Host
    A Bunch of Mountain Electronics Drivers/MPCB/LED's/Battery's
    Two Lexel Custom Drivers
    D1vn

Quote Originally Posted by bwalker View Post
    It means what my bank account says it means.

Quote Originally Posted by kpatz View Post
    Lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by kpatz View Post
    That's what I thought you meant. "Complete" eq "temporarily out of funds".

Good job Eddie in getting the reference to PB.

My 2nd Surefire UM2 - should be here tomorrow. I bought it when they had 7 left, and then it was out of stock within 16 hours. Phew...

Now I'll have 2 of 800 units produced.
    I have more than I need, but not as many as I want.

Surefire owner since 1995.

Nitecore Tini and Surefire EDCL2-T are on their way.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyeddiethefirst View Post
    Inconceivable! Just picked up a like new black Surefire
    Ultra for a great price. Was impressed by my Aluminum Klarus Mi1C mule, really impressed by the solid copper Mi1C so I had to order the Titanium version-the company accidentally sent me the Klarus ST15. Also got a great deal on a brass Peak Eiger/Matterhorn triple. I might not be buying any lights for a while...my last spinal surgery has become infected with MRSA so I get to go see a world famous Neurosurgeon in preparation for a rather nasty upcoming surgery...maybe I have time to pick up just a few more to lift my spirits and play with in the hospital....
    Hope you heal quick Eddie. Just get lots of rest and follow the doctor's orders and hopefully you will be good to go in no time👍.

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Just had a look at that Streamlight Monocrom...................i likey! Dont own and never really thought about a protac, maybe a part of that is importing. Look forward to impressions when you get it
    Got the light a little while ago now. Overall, I like it. Is it comparable in quality to my SureFire E2D LED Defender? Nope! However, it's not that far off at all. The clip feels a tiny bit flimsy compared to the SureFire E2DL clip. But not to the point where you can't rely on it for daily EDC. There is a certain feeling of solidness (for lack of a better term) with my SF that my new SL doesn't have. I haven't weighed them, but yes the Protac feels lighter. I know there's less aluminum since the barrel is hollowed out more to accommodate an 18650.

Speaking of which, I'd say it's best to mainly use an 18650 in this light, with a couple of CR123s kept as emergency back-up. When you use CR123s, oh boy do they ever fit inside sloppily! So far, so good as the light works with zero issues. However, there is a bit of a rattle obviously. I can live with it, but I can see how others might get annoyed.

Beam pattern is excellent! But yeah, my SF outperforms it in terms of throw and actual output. I know my SF is actually 500 lumens, maybe a touch more. However, I do think you are getting emitter lumens instead of out the front numbers with the Streamlight. So that was a bit disappointing. Still, the SL is very bright, very capable, and makes a very good lower-priced option for those who might have their eye on the current version of the SF E2DL, but just can't afford to spend that much on a single light or can't justify the price based on what they plan to use it for. And, the SL has very real advantages over the SF.

Again, you have price. There's compatibility with an 18650 without boring out the light yourself or sending it off and paying even more money for someone to do it for you (and hoping the job doesn't screw up your new and pricey SureFire). The light is a tiny bit lighter than the SF. That's going to be useful for those who carry a bunch of gear, and ounces count. The light is very Gray Man-ish. Let's face it, in this insane world, you might get into trouble if you walk around with a light clearly marketed as a self-defense tool. Maybe not so much in America, but CPF being an international community; I can see how some members in certain parts of the world could encounter problems simply due to the name "Defender." Especially in the U.K. (Yes, I said it. We all know it's true.) You simply don't have that problem with the SL. There is no current E2E LED version of the current E2D LED from SureFire. This SL model is the closest thing out there to one without sending off your E2E to be modded. And sadly with MilkySpit not being a reliable option for that for quite awhile now, you're just better off buying this SL and calling it a day.

Without a doubt though, the fantastic U.I. is where this Streamlight blows my SureFire out of the water! Even the default interface is set up that you rarely get another mode when you want full output. That's definitely not the case with my SF. It's not uncommon for me to search the client's massive parking lot at night. Get a bit of thumb fatigue, thumb comes off the switch, immediately place my thumb back on it and get 5 lumens instead of 500. I know why SureFire set it up like that, but honestly; it would make sense for an officer to use a back-up light that has a low setting on that, instead.

With the SL, when the above happens, most of the time I get high mode immediately. During the very few times it has kicked into the next setting, that setting is full output strobe. Again, unwanted. But it happens FAR less with my SL than my SureFire. And let's face it, when that happens.... Oh yes, full output strobe is a MUCH better unwanted mode when you want full output, than getting 5 lumens instead. Even better though, if you want to avoid that whole accidental setting situation all together, you can reprogram the U.I. on the SL to just give you full output each and every single time you hit that tailcap switch. Can't do that on the SureFire.

I've never said this before but this is one time that the SureFire engineers need to pay attention to what the Streamlight engineers are doing over there. I absolutely recommend this SL light.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

I like how Streamlight is moving towards a more yellow tint instead of copy paper white. Same benefits as a cold beam with a bit less "oh, crap I just blinded myself" routine.
    They also seem to have dialed in the correct o-ring thickness where once you tighten the tailcap it stays tight, without being so stubborn to fasten it down like an oversize o-ring can cause.

I really liked their ProTac 1L dual fuel that gives a good output with a double A or "holy cow thatz bright" with a 123. Plays nice with 3.7 volt double A's or RCR123's too.

Awesome feedback Monocrom, thanks for that Dont have any SL, but would like to add one or two at some point and this looks spot on.

Just ordered a Nitecore SRT3 Defender for my EDC. My P12GT will be relegated to vehicle carry in my emergency/bugout/spare 5.11 Patrol Ready bag that stays in my van.

Along with a Nitecore RCR123 rechargeable for primary use in the light and 12 Surefire CR123s for backup, just in case. Always useful to have some primaries around that you know will be ready to use at a moments notice if the situation arises. Should all be here tomorrow with Amazon Prime Shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by ArazelEternal View Post
    Just ordered a Nitecore SRT3 Defender for my EDC. My P12GT will be relegated to vehicle carry in my emergency/bugout/spare 5.11 Patrol Ready bag that stays in my van.

Along with a Nitecore RCR123 rechargeable for primary use in the light and 12 Surefire CR123s for backup, just in case. Always useful to have some primaries around that you know will be ready to use at a moments notice if the situation arises. Should all be here tomorrow with Amazon Prime Shipping.
    Great choice! I love my Nitecore SRT3, had it for around 5yrs now, I think. Got it when it first came out and still works flawlessly!

To keep in line with this thread, I have a Convoy S2+ Desert Tan 7135*8 with U4-7A XP-L HI in the mail along with 2 Astrolux A01's both using Nicha 219B. One in red for myself and blue for my son

Sadly though, the S2+ comes with the standard 3/5 modes and not Biscotti

Enlightened

I've got a Reylight Ti Lan V3 incoming, along with a Bust-A-Cap for a 6P (next WIP)

Waiting for an Astrolux S41 XP-G3 with extension tube and an 18350 battery tube for the Convoy S2+ Desert Tan I just ordered as well. No more lights for me this year. I hope.

Surefire G2. Should be "new" in box. So will see

Aviator E. (AviatEr?)

Couldn't decide which E to put an incoming singLED. Now I know.

The 1amp 3000 kelvin LED module should put out a 1930's 10D argon gas looking beam from a pocket sized light. Woohoo!!
    Last edited by bykfixer; 03-11-2018 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HaileStorm View Post
    Great choice! I love my Nitecore SRT3, had it for around 5yrs now, I think. Got it when it first came out and still works flawlessly!

To keep in line with this thread, I have a Convoy S2+ Desert Tan 7135*8 with U4-7A XP-L HI in the mail along with 2 Astrolux A01's both using Nicha 219B. One in red for myself and blue for my son

Sadly though, the S2+ comes with the standard 3/5 modes and not Biscotti
    Not long ago, I got my Desert Tan S2+ direct from Simon at Convoy Aliexpress with the Biscotti driver. I must have fooled with it for 30 minutes before I got the timing down to be able to program the darn thing. Thankfully, it maintains the program selection, if one changes the batteries quickly. I *think* that if you are slow to change the battery, that it will revert back to the default program.

I have a pair of S2+ convoys XM-L2's driven at 2100ma, and a C8 XP-L HI @ 2800 ma all with holsters, for camping, coming.
    @ 2100ma, the S2+ lights will get a little better run-time. The C8 is a backup, with a bit more throw if wanted, but still not too big. Actually the C8 probably will not see the dark of night, because the Crelant CH10 headlamp gets more use than any other light. Oh yeah... I have another one of those coming too.
    My Grand Kids call me Poppy

Page 280 of 291 FirstFirst ... 180230270273274275276277278279280281282283284285286287290 ... LastLast