REVIEW: The Spyderco Manix 2 CTS-BD30P

Meganoggin

Enlightened
Re: REVIEW: The Spyderco Manix 2 CTS-BD30P>>>>>>>>>

Nice review and great pictures as usual.

BobG

Newly Enlightened

Nice review. The Manix 2 is one of my favorites. The Tan g10 with ffg M4 steel blade is a dealer exclusive from the bentoboxshop.com. They are still availabe from that retailer at the original retail price. I bought two from them just about 10 days ago for about 150 each if i recall correctly.

Rolex John

Newly Enlightened

Nice review. The Manix 2 is one of my favorites. The Tan g10 with ffg M4 steel blade is a dealer exclusive from the bentoboxshop.com. They are still availabe from that retailer at the original retail price. I bought two from them just about 10 days ago for about 150 each if i recall correctly.

Is that the one with the blade steel which isn't a stainless variety? I like the color of the G10, but the stain/rust resistance of the blade steel worries me.

BobG

Newly Enlightened

Yes. The M4 is the same steel as used in the Spyderco Gayle Bradley and is a semi-stainless(?). Mine has gotten a patina over the last few months (nothing like the Caly 3.5 in Aogami super blue which only took a week... high carbon steel). The M4 is a great steel on a great knive but it is not stainless. You can see a difference when you hold the m4 next to the BD30p or the ctsXHP (or s90v) models. But the M4 cuts soooo nice!

Phoenixkh

Newly Enlightened
My EDC is a Manix 2 with G-10 steel. Thanks for the information about the new(er) blade material and your fine review.

Kim

Oops... Thanks, Bill. I thought the G10 was the steel... not the handle. I'm a noob... my Manix2 has a hollow-ground 154CM stainless steel blade with a partially serrated (Combination Edge) cutting edge.

Last edited: