18500 flashlight?

cloggy

Newly Enlightened
I recently ordered a Barbolight barracuda from the manufacturer but a couple of weeks later got an email to say 'that due to some internal changes within our company, we have stopped deliveries and business summer time' They promice me a refund of the money.
In the meantime I ordered 4 x 18500 batteries from AW for the Barbolight and now have nothing they fit.
Can anyone suggest a quality flashlight which uses these batteries?

recDNA

Flashaholic
I have a single 18500 sized body from fivemega that I use with a surefire head and tail that I like very much. I put a clip on it for pocket carry and a Manafont XM-L P60 for a very bright pocket light.

DM51

Flashaholic
Barbolight ... promise me a refund of my money
My strong advice would be to get your $$ back via Paypal or your credit card, if you still can. If time has expired, keep sending Barbolight emails and demands, or nothing will happen. They have a very poor record for responding to customer concerns.

As for your 18500 cells, any light that takes 3x CR123A will work with these, provided the ID of the tube is 18mm. The ID of SF lights is only ~17mm, so they would need to be bored out. There are members here who can do this for you, but as kramer5150 says, Solarforce tubes will take 18xxx cells.

There are numerous solutions; kramer5150's and recDNA's suggestions above are both good ones.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently ordered a Barbolight barracuda from the manufacturer but a couple of weeks later got an email to say 'that due to some internal changes within our company, we have stopped deliveries and business summer time' They promice me a refund of the money.
In the meantime I ordered 4 x 18500 batteries from AW for the Barbolight and now have nothing they fit.
Can anyone suggest a quality flashlight which uses these batteries?

That is strange I can go to there site and place an item in a shopping cart without any warning. So it's you can come to our site and place an order and we will send you an email saying nevermind we are not doing business. :thumbsdow

Oh and if you want a good 18500 light check out the Lumintop TD15X, with the battery extension you can use either 3xcr123 or 2x18500, it's a good light check it out.

Last edited:

cloggy

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everybody for the trouble you took to reply to this thread- there are some excellent suggestions and the Lumintop TD15X is available from a UK supplier. I will post again if I get the money back from Barbolight although a week has now gone by without the promiced Paypal refund.
Update July 28- refund arrived from Barbolight with profuse apology, would still prefer the light though!

Last edited:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks everybody for the trouble you took to reply to this thread- there are some excellent suggestions and the Lumintop TD15X is available from a UK supplier. I will post again if I get the money back from Barbolight although a week has now gone by without the promiced Paypal refund.

If you get the TD15X be sure the battery extension is included, mine came with the light as an accessory but that might not be the case wherever you get it so you may have to purchase it separately. You can use up to two extensions if you ever want to use 2x18650 or 4xcr123 but I think from a size to output/runtime ratio the one extender with two 18500's is the way to go.

radar696

Newly Enlightened
Please forgive me for reviving an old thread but it relates to my question.

I have (4) 18500's that I acquired by accident and I'm now wondering if I should look for a decent flashlight to use them in or should I just cut my losses and offer them up to an interested party?
They have never been used, they are still packaged in pairs in shrink-wrap.

I see that this thread is about 7 years old so I'm just hoping for something newer that has more than one output level if possible.
The Seraph SP-9 mentioned earlier in this thread has some promise but it is a single output level.

All input will be welcome.
Thank you for looking.

Radar

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
That Seraph, as well as many other P60-type hosts, can easily accept any number of dropin upgrades (including custom light engines)

Johnnyh

Enlightened
The Emisar D4 18650 can be purchased with an add on 18500 tube at Mountain Electronics. Ramping UI...many levels.

radar696

Newly Enlightened
That Seraph, as well as many other P60-type hosts, can easily accept any number of dropin upgrades (including custom light engines)
I thank you for that info archimedes, although I have read some of the threads on this forum and even though I consider myself fairly intelligent I get lost pretty fast when you guys start having conversations about upgrades!

Thank you to Johnnyh also.
I'll have to go look at the Emisar D4.

Radar

radar696

Newly Enlightened
The Emisar D4 18650 can be purchased with an add on 18500 tube at Mountain Electronics. Ramping UI...many levels.
So I went and checked this light out and from what I can see if you are using an 18500 battery then it needs to be a flat-top.
The ones I have are button-tops.
Plus if I read it correctly, it also stated it requires an un-protected battery, at least that is what I read for the 18500 size.
Mine are all protected.

I still thank you for the information.

Radar

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
I thank you for that info archimedes, although I have read some of the threads on this forum and even though I consider myself fairly intelligent I get lost pretty fast when you guys start having conversations about upgrades! ....

If you describe in detail your wants and needs for this dropin, you will get lots of useful advice here ... ;)

radar696

Newly Enlightened
This is the problem with reviving long-obsolete threads, OP posted this thread ~ 7 years ago.
Yes, I admit, it's my fault.

At the same time it was right in line with what I wanted to ask and it already had some good info so here we are.

Plus after taking a look, Barbolights are much more than I was looking to spend for this endeavour.

archimedes said:
If you describe in detail your wants and needs for this dropin, you will get lots of useful advice here ...
I'm sure that would work too!
As I think about it while doing other things on this quiet Sunday, I'm actually starting to warm up to idea of the Seraph SP-9.

Radar

Last edited: