Life+Gear 400 Lumen LED Flashlight

etacsik

Newly Enlightened
has anyone seen or have experience with these Life+Gear lights? $89.99 after $30 OFF from costco.com:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...011MailerLP-_-Banner-_-06-_-MarketingItemName

Life+Gear
400 Lumen LED Flashlight with Flasher
2-pack

CREE™ LED Bulb
Law Enforcement Grade
Waterproof

Item # 580615

Limited Time Offer:

$30 discount is reflected in the price. Valid for orders placed July 25, 2011 through August 14, 2011.
While supplies last.
Online price $119.99 Less -$30.00 YOUR COST $89.99​
Introducing the all-new Life+Gear model 400. This is the latest refinement from Life+Gear on its popular high quality, aircraft grade hardened aluminum flashlights. These lights are some of Costco member's most popular tactical high-end flashlights and all for an extreme value vs. other flashlights of similar quality.
Life Gear's new model 400 also incorporates a new-patented "See and Be Seen" technology that includes a separate switch that activates an LED flasher at the base of the flashlight shaft. This, in combination with a new high-tech CREE™ LED 400 lumen bulb make this an incredible offer.
Features:

• Aircraft Grade Hardened Aluminum Body
  • LED Aluminum Torch
  • Waterproof: IPX7
  • Polycarbonate Optical Reflector
  • 400 Lumens
  • CREE™ Super Efficient Bulb
  • 4-Mode Electronic Switch: High, Low, Strobe and Off
  • New Emergency Red Flasher With Separate Integrated Switch
  • Law Enforcement Grade Quality
  • 3 x C Batteries (not included)
  • Patent Pending Technologies
*400 lumens as per LED manufacturer's specifications depending on usage style. Lumen output and battery run times may vary depending on mode and use.
[Model LG511]

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an earlier model and it was a VERY good bang for the buck. If the size of the light is what you are looking for I'd say go for it, the price is very good. If you do some searching I think you'll find some information on the older model. There are very few C cell lights so if that is what you're looking for there is just not much of a direct comparison. In emergencies it has been shown that C cells are sometime more readily available since everyone stocks up on the AA and D cells. The old one had the same modes but many lights came out before they could document the modes so the packaging said nothing about multimodes. The old model did not have the rear light.

Dsoto87

Newly Enlightened
Wish I could add some useful information but...

....did they really count OFF as a mode?...

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a 2xC model (don't remember model #) from Target about a year and a half ago because they had a nice price drop on them and it is the only light I have ever returned to a retail store because of a lack of quality. I bought it because in all honesty it had a fantastic body design and it felt great to but the beam was the worse I've ever seen, so many rings and so many artifacts.

ufokillerz

Enlightened
i bought 3 of these 2 hrs after they were made available, but apparently they are now backordered till 8/10 because of high demand.