do you wear anything under your headlamp?

robostudent5000

Enlightened
i've always worn a bandana or a watch cap under my headlamps.

just curious if anyone else does the same.

mwb01

Newly Enlightened
Usually nothing. The feeling of the headlamp doesn't bother me but if I'm wearing a hat at the time I put the headlamp on then it goes over the hat.

pwwong88

Newly Enlightened
I usually wear a headband under my H31 because the unbreathable silicone lamp holder makes me uncomfortable.

Ediblestarfish

Newly Enlightened
Use a cycling cap for extra cushioning and less slip with the visor. Like a welder's cap, it has a small visor that doesn't block much light when aimed down.

chanjyj

Enlightened
I tend to find that my hair gets into the way of the headlamp unless its really short - that results in me wearing the headlamp low instead, about 1.5" above my eyebrows.

Alternatively, it gets tossed onto my helmet above my googles (if I am wearing a helmet) and then it rides high.
DSCN1311_Resized.jpg

Hmm.. seems like there is no in-between for me. It's either high, or low.

jammerj

Newly Enlightened
I like to wear a welders cap with any headlamp, it definitely makes it more comfortabe, especially on longer wear times.

DIΩDΣ

Enlightened
Nothing so far, but have only had it a few weeks (not experienced wearing it in very hot or cold weather yet). I've heard some complaints about ZL's headbands but I am surprised how comfy my H51w is, the silicone holder is very soft and the headband too. I have no complaints (well other than the after image imprinted on my forehead of the silicone holder) but that doesnt bother me.

ahorton

Enlightened
Small floppy hat if it's warm. Or a beanie if it's cold. Sometimes a full-face polypropylene one.