PK Design Lab
Page 1 of 13 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Aluminum P60 style (D26) 26650 Light Housing ** Interest / Discussion **

Default Aluminum P60 style (D26) 26650 Light Housing ** Interest / Discussion **

This will be the Light Housing ONLY! No P60 style drop-in will be included!

Specs on the light Housing:

Price: $170.00 (no trit slots) $175.00 (with trit slots)

Pre-Pay and Pre-order yours today! Click HERE!

• 26650 housing Type III HA-Black or HA-Natural
    • Bead Blasted for a nice Matte Finish
    • Aircraft Grade 7075 Aluminum
    • Head that will accept a P60 (D26) Style Drop-in
    • Crenulated Bezel
    • McClicky switch in tail cap (should work with fettie switch)
    • two Lanyard holes in tail cap
    • O-rings
    • AR Coated Glass Lens
    • Length 5.35 in
    • Body Dia 1.26" - Head Dia 1.450"
    What will be available for this down the road:

• 26650 Extension Tube
    • D36 adapter for use with an M series head
    • D36 Head for use with D36 Dropins
    • Large High Powered Tri XM-L Head
    Interest List:
    1. Drywolf - V1 & V3 - Trit Slots - Black
    2. Nokoff
    3. Baddog - V3 - Raw Aluminum
    4. solidtrax
    5. purelite
    6. Morelite
    7. jfl - V3 - Black
    8. Rat - V3 - Natural & Raw Aluminum
    9. OneBigDay
    10. nfetterly - V1 - Trit Slots - Natural
    11. 4runnin
    12. ipreferpie
    13. supersuby
    14. Freyth
    15. Glenn7
    16. smokelaw1 - V3 - Trit Slots
    17. Emu124 - V3 - Trit Slots - Natural
    18. Y0uKn0wWh0 - V3
    Version 1

Version 3
    Last edited by TnC_Products; 08-27-2011 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Compatible with P or C Series heads not "M" series

Default Re: Aluminum P60 style (D26) 26650 Light Housing ** Interest / Discussion **

cool, thank you! .. this is sorely needed around here!

will it fit a protected 26650? ....probably closer to 70 mm in length

looking forward to pricing, hope you can keep it down so I can do both natural and black!

are you also doing a run of just black bodies where we can add our own d26 heads?

the rendering looks great to me, I need a few of these!

Default Re: Aluminum P60 style (D26) 26650 Light Housing ** Interest / Discussion **

If the protected cell isn't too much longer I am sure it will work.

I usually make complete assemblies so all anyone needs to do is put in there P60 style dropin. If I have more bodies than heads I will make sure to send those to the platers as well.

Chris

Interested - leaning more towards HA Natural.

Be really nice if there was the possibility of some trit slots.

Any possibility of a lanyard loop somewhere?

interested here price pending!!

Couple of questions:

Will your design use SureFire "C" threading for the head / bezel, how about the tailcap? Thanks, your design would fill a sought-after niche'.
    ^G When I reply, threads die....

I am super keen they look great. I have been looking for a good 26650 host . HA II natrual for me .
    WTB: Surefire -6, Z44 Bezels with logoís ? Any logo, early Z44 bezel's new condition Blk or HA,and anything rare Surefire

Quote Originally Posted by ^Gurthang View Post
    Couple of questions:

Will your design use SureFire "C" threading for the head / bezel, how about the tailcap? Thanks, your design would fill a sought-after niche'.
    The head will be the standard C head which is normal for a C series P60 style dropin. The rear, however will be larger diameter so the battery can be put in from the rear.

The last reply was from my Mobile phone so I kept it short.

I was only searching last night for a 26650 host with no luck than today this popís up I could not believe it great timing.
    With the two versions you have I really like version 2 with the bigger lip on the tail cap and I also like the flat bezel but I would flavor Natural HA II over the black.
    Seeing that you are using the same size head as a C head than it would also be great if we could interchange the bezels with the C head bezels we already have.

Are they ready yet ?
    Last edited by Rat; 07-30-2011 at 04:57 AM.
    WTB: Surefire -6, Z44 Bezels with logoís ? Any logo, early Z44 bezel's new condition Blk or HA,and anything rare Surefire

Quote Originally Posted by TnC_Products View Post
    The head will be the standard C head which is normal for a C series P60 style dropin. The rear, however will be larger diameter so the battery can be put in from the rear.
    It looked to me like the body and tail were one piece and only the head/ bezel came apart?

Quote Originally Posted by Morelite View Post
    It looked to me like the body and tail were one piece and only the head/ bezel came apart?
    That is correct the body and tail were one piece. I really need to post my other rendering. It will be pretty much the same as my Ti 18650 light. Body/Head together, tail cap seperate. Will post pics when I can.

PM sent about FETtie and VID drop-in compatibility.

Definitely needing a solid source for 26650 hosts.

I am in for a black host

I would be interested in a black V2 version

Ok maybe I wasnt solid enough by saying price pending.

I am saying i am interested in buying one of these

HA Nat here

Flashaholic*

And as I said previously - as long as the price is within reason I want two.

Glad to see VanIsleDSM trying to make sure this unit will accept the FETtie.

I would like to see this in 7075 and heavy.

If I could make a suggestion I would be happy to buy (30 from b@rt) and supply green trits for maybe ten units. I think around $290.00 with a tube of optical cement. If this would help to get Chris to put three trit slots on ten units. Of course I would want to be re-inbursed when the units sold. So not including the price of milling the slots it would be an additional $30.00 per unit or whatever Chris choses to charge of course.

Thanks,
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Drywolf View Post
    And as I said previously - as long as the price is within reason I want two.

Glad to see VanIsleDSM trying to make sure this unit will accept the FETtie.

I would like to see this in 7075 and heavy.

If I could make a suggestion I would be happy to buy (30 from b@rt) and supply green trits for maybe ten units. I think around $290.00 with a tube of optical cement. If this would help to get Chris to put three trit slots on ten units. Of course I would want to be re-inbursed when the units sold. So not including the price of milling the slots it would be an additional $30.00 per unit or whatever Chris choses to charge of course.

Thanks,
    Frank
    Ok. Now we are looking at 7075 aluminun and trit slots on the head. What size trits are you thinking about?

Chris

Flashaholic*

Hi Chris,
    Bart sells these.

1.55x5mm vials, all colors: $7.50.- each.

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...read-Part-Deux

Frank

Ok. 1.55x5mm Trits slots should be ok. That is the size I ordered before from B@rt Now it is starting to look like my personal light.

Interested... HA Nat, please.

Flashaholic*

Ok. 1.55x5mm Trits slots should be ok. That is the size I ordered before from B@rt Now it is starting to look like my personal light.
    This light is starting to take on all the characteristics of a perfect host for high output/high amperage drop-in's.

I'm excited.

I'm interested in HA-black version 2, please.

Hi
    Any reason why I was not added to the list ?
    If it’s because I live in Australia I can supply a US address.
    I like the look of the light as it is very strong with a mean look to it.

cheers

EDIT: I now like the trits slots in the head.
    Last edited by Rat; 08-31-2011 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Trits slots in head

I would be very interested in this depending on price. I looked at the Titanium version of this many times but cannot justify that cost for another flashlight that I don't need. This aluminum version I would probably go for. I like version 2 personally.

My wish list is
    1) tailstanding
    2) Lanyard attachment point that doesn't prevent tailstanding.

For a light of this size no lanyard attachment point would be the only deal breaker for me but it looks like you are offering this on the Ti and 1x18650 version so I think you have this covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    Hi
    Any reason why I was not added to the list ?
    If itís because I live in Australia I can supply a US address.
    I like the look of the light as it is very strong with a mean look to it.

No girly Trits for me thanks

cheers
    Sorry Rat, No shipping outside of California. These are only going to be made for Pick-up only.

I am just kidding. I will add you to the list and these can get shipped worldwide.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by OneBigDay View Post
    I would be very interested in this depending on price. I looked at the Titanium version of this many times but cannot justify that cost for another flashlight that I don't need. This aluminum version I would probably go for. I like version 2 personally.

My wish list is
    1) tailstanding
    2) Lanyard attachment point that doesn't prevent tailstanding.

For a light of this size no lanyard attachment point would be the only deal breaker for me but it looks like you are offering this on the Ti and 1x18650 version so I think you have this covered.
    What I can do on the lanyard attachment is put two holes in the tail cap so the lanyard can go in one hole and out the other so it won't prevent tail standing.

Chris

What I can do on the lanyard attachment is put two holes in the tail cap so the lanyard can go in one hole and out the other so it won't prevent tail standing.

Chris
    Perfect, I love it.

One question on the colors - you have black and natural listed as potential options. Is "natural" meaning natural like a zebralight or download pocket rocket (basically a light tan/green color), or does this mean something else? Is there a picture or other thread that would have an example of the natural color?
    Last edited by OneBigDay; 08-04-2011 at 12:38 PM. Reason: adding link to PR photo

Quote Originally Posted by OneBigDay View Post
    Perfect, I love it.

One question on the colors - you have black and natural listed as potential options. Is "natural" meaning natural like a zebralight or download pocket rocket (basically a light tan/green color), or does this mean something else? Is there a picture or other thread that would have an example of the natural color?
    Natural is meaning there is no Die added when Anodizing. Aluminum Darkens when Type III hard anodizing. So the color could very, but usually it is a type of Dark Gray. There are some E2C adapters on my site that are HA-Natural. That should give you some sort of an idea what they will look like.

Chris

I'll take one of these too in Black HA.

My apologies, I must withdraw my interest for now... No new lights for me for a while...

Page 1 of 13 1234567811 ... LastLast