Battery Junction - Olight
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Aluminum P60 style (D26) 26650 Light Housing ** Interest / Discussion **

Default Re: Aluminum P60 style (D26) 26650 Light Housing ** Interest / Discussion **

Quote Originally Posted by Morelite View Post
    I'll take one of these too in Black HA.
    We can discuss the cost of your Titanium version when these are getting produced. I might as well make your Ti version the same time I make these.

Chris

Default Re: Aluminum P60 style (D26) 26650 Light Housing ** Interest / Discussion **

Quote Originally Posted by TnC_Products View Post
    We can discuss the cost of your Titanium version when these are getting produced. I might as well make your Ti version the same time I make these.

Chris
    Cool, I'm looking forward to it. Shoot me a price and I'll get PayPal on the way.

I like the look of #3 now that it's up, with the slimmer body. what is different about 1 & 2, just the tail?

I still feel confused, just me I guess, is both the head and tail removeable, so other p60 heads will fit?

on the trit issue I think a workhorse host is much more needed in this format right now, though I never hate on a good tna (trit and aluminum) layout!

now what's the price, you must have an idea, get a few of these out to members for photo shoots and thst ;ist will grow I'm sure
    made in china...

I like Version 3 so now it would depend on price.

I am still a fan of version 2 where the head is not as pronounced from the tube size (head size closer to the size of the tube) itís not as typical as other lights that way. Giving it that unique look.

cheers
    WTB: Surefire -6, Z44 Bezels with logoís ? Any logo, early Z44 bezel's new condition Blk or HA,and anything rare Surefire

Flashaholic*

Version 3 or 2 are great. Leaning to 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokoff View Post
    I like the look of #3 now that it's up, with the slimmer body. what is different about 1 & 2, just the tail?

I still feel confused, just me I guess, is both the head and tail removeable, so other p60 heads will fit?

on the trit issue I think a workhorse host is much more needed in this format right now, though I never hate on a good tna (trit and aluminum) layout!

now what's the price, you must have an idea, get a few of these out to members for photo shoots and thst ;ist will grow I'm sure
    The difference between 1 & 2 is just the tail section.

Just the tail will be removable. The front head section is incorporated into the body.

I really don't have a price yet because the design isn't finalized yet. It might be better if I just make a couple protos showing the two different versions. Version 1 & 2 , with the thicker body, were designed with a removable head. So later down the line I could make a new head adapter that will work with a D36 Drop-in. Or even a new head that doesn't use a drop-in at all.

I really just started this thread to guage interest in the 26650 size. It seems there is more than enough people that would like this size light. So probably the next step will be to make a couple protos. One version 2 and one version 3. This will give everyone a better perspective of what the actual light will look like.

Chris, thanks for the explanation on HA Natural. I would take either black or natural but given the choice I would go for natural.

About the versions renderings - I like either 2 or 3. I'd probably say 3 is the best looking and looks like it might offer some weight savings as well (?), but something that looks more like a tube (#2) looks great to me and if it enables me to use different heads I would definitely go for #2.

If this body could take both 26mm and 36mm (D36) heads, that would be an additional selling point for me and I would be interested in both heads. If I had to choose D26/D36 I would go for D26 just because there are a lot more drop-ins readily available - but D36 is a great format and pairs perfectly with the 26650 cell size.

Having said that if your design intent is to incorporate the head into the body itself, that also works for me and I would guess will help keep the price down. The FM 1x26650 D36 hosts are designed this way and they work great - there is a wide bezel ring and lens that pops off the front to put the dropin in from the front, but the head itself is part of the body.
    Last edited by OneBigDay; 08-05-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by OneBigDay View Post
    If this body could take both 26mm and 36mm (D36) heads, that would be an additional selling point for me and I would be interested in both heads.
    +1

Most likely the light will go together like Version 3. The head and body together. I beleive there is an adapter C-M that can be used to convert it to a 36mm head. Just an adapter would be less expensive than a completely new head.

Quote Originally Posted by Drywolf View Post
    +1
    If a VID Septa head and FETtie could be placed on your host then I would like to place my name on the list of interested. I like the look of the larger head and hope that the larger volume of aluminum would aid in heat sinking.
    I'm a Lumenaut, on a bold quest of discovery. To find the smallest, toughest, eyeball searing-est torch that modern science can create!

Flashaholic*

From the lumen field - "If you build it they will come."

Quote Originally Posted by scottyhazzard View Post
    If a VID Septa head and FETtie could be placed on your host then I would like to place my name on the list of interested. I like the look of the larger head and hope that the larger volume of aluminum would aid in heat sinking.
    The head is the same size. In Version 3 I made the battery tube a little smaller in Diameter.

Ok, so no change in heat sinking, I still prefer the look of the 3rd variant. Any chance that the head can come off to receive a Septa?
    I'm a Lumenaut, on a bold quest of discovery. To find the smallest, toughest, eyeball searing-est torch that modern science can create!

It should work just fine with the Septa. The front of the body is compatible with a C series.

Quick rendering of the body!

Attached Images Attached Images

Make it so, Number One.

I like the looks of version 3 the best but maybe slim the flared tail end down a little or make it like the rendering in post 45.
    Last edited by Morelite; 08-05-2011 at 03:05 PM.

Flashaholic*

Looks good!
    Last edited by Drywolf; 08-08-2011 at 10:50 AM.

I like the looks of version 3 the best but maybe slim the flared tail end down a little or make it like the rendering in post 45.
    The rendering in post 45 doesn't have the tail cap on. It shows just the body without the head and tail cap. But I was thinking that the flared section could be a little smaller in diameter also.

Please add me to the list
    Preference for

• Holes in the tail to accept lanyard
    • HA Natural
    • Version 3 (but not a deal breaker)
    • trit slots please - be nice to have at least 3 (I can put in trits myself)

Thanks, Neale

Put me down for one. Been looking for a 26650 host

I posted another rendering in the first post showing the flared section slimmed down a little.

Flashaholic*

Hi Chris,
    3-2 looks real good.
    If you decide to mill trit slots, will they go on the head or the tail?
    Not sure what I would prefer, maybe tail.

3-2 looks much better Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Drywolf View Post
    Hi Chris,
    3-2 looks real good.
    If you decide to mill trit slots, will they go on the head or the tail?
    Not sure what I would prefer, maybe tail.

If I do the trit slots I was asked to put them in the head. So most likely they will be in the head.

Chris

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by TnC_Products View Post
    If I do the trit slots I was asked to put them in the head. So most likely they will be in the head.

Chris
    That sounds good. I thought the tail would be better if another head would be used with this body. I'm good with no trits, trits in tail or trits in head. I'm easy. Can't wait to see proto.
    Frank

Flashaholic*

Put me on your list please Chris - I like 2-3/7075 Alu/Natural Ha with trits installed (happy to go with Drywolf's trit plan)

Have you ever done any TiCN coatings? it looks beautiful and is harder than HaIII.

If its anything like the Ti 18650 it will be a piece art - I have had the Ti for nearly a week its BRILLIANT thanks Chris you should take this up for a job

PS: is there even a ball park figure of cost? if its anywhere near the 18650 Ti price I will have to skip it.

It should be less than half the price of the Ti version. Once we finally get to the final design then I can actually get a better estimate of the cost.

I was just playing around with the head a little for better heat dissapation for the High current drop-ins. I enlarged it a little and added more fins. Here is just a quick rendering. Not sure if I am going to add this to the maybe list.

Sorry, I can't say I'm a fan of the head, it looks like a Cyros cooling bezel but I do like the tail cap.

You are right. It does look similar to the Cyros cooling Bezel. Mine I believe has more fins and I only put grooves in. It looks like the Cyros head has flats on the head and some slots in the front. My rendering doesn't show my crenulated Bezel which blends smoothly into the head.

I guess I won't be doing this style head since it does look similar to Cyros's cooling head/bezel.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast