Storacell
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Aluminum P60 style (D26) 26650 Light Housing ** Interest / Discussion **

Default Re: Aluminum P60 style (D26) 26650 Light Housing ** Interest / Discussion **

When I normally get a New Host I get a New drop inn so should be all good.
    But now I will take more care with telling Dave what the drop in is going into as I never knew there were so many options.
    Dave sent you a PM about the SST-90 for my TnC D36
    WTB: Surefire -6, Z44 Bezels with logo’s ? Any logo, early Z44 bezel's new condition Blk or HA,and anything rare Surefire

Default Re: Aluminum P60 style (D26) 26650 Light Housing ** Interest / Discussion **

When you first posted these light housing you hinted at a D36 triple XM-L in the future. On a German light forum one person put together a light on the 26650 platform drawing 5.6 amps. I think this would be a nice possibility, maybe even taken upto 7.5-9 amp max. http://www.taschenlampen-forum.de/mo...html#post80458

I am still working on the Triple XM-L head. This will not be a D36 drop-in though because I want as much heat transfer as possible going to the aluminum head and body. So it will be either threaded into the head or built into the head. And the numbers you have there is what I will be shooting for.. Probably closer to the 7 amps for the single 26650 cell and then 9 amps for the 2x26650 setup. I am getting some boards made right now for the triple XM-L.

I really don't want to say too much as things might change. I am working on using three 26mm reflectors for this new head.

Chris

I hope you can keep the head small, past the D36 to about 40mm, they start not being small and convenient. The only lights I ever use fit my pocket or belt, bigger than that they just don't get carried. The link I posted surprised me by how nice his optics worked, I never really thought plastic could hold the beam that well. I do hope that your triple XM-L makes it soon, my off-duty slows down after Christmas as does the amount of cash the wife lets me spend.

Quote Originally Posted by TnC_Products View Post
    I am still working on the Triple XM-L head. This will not be a D36 drop-in though because I want as much heat transfer as possible going to the aluminum head and body. So it will be either threaded into the head or built into the head. And the numbers you have there is what I will be shooting for.. Probably closer to the 7 amps for the single 26650 cell and then 9 amps for the 2x26650 setup. I am getting some boards made right now for the triple XM-L.

I really don't want to say too much as things might change. I am working on using three 26mm reflectors for this new head.

Chris
    Will you be doing any Ti ones that can fit the 26650 Ti body that I have from you?
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine

If I do a larger Ti head I think it will be for a D36 Drop-in. I have a couple people asking for a Titanium D36 Head.

If I do a larger Ti head I think it will be for a D36 Drop-in. I have a couple people asking for a Titanium D36 Head.
    Yes, I was one of them

However a Triple Ti XML head that would fit on a 26650 body would be even more drool inducing.
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine

9 amps for the 2x26650 setup.

Chris

I have a couple people asking for a Titanium D36 Head.
    I'm guilty of that.

OK!

Karl

I got a new D36 XM-L from Dave today in the mail and it fits with a little room to spare. With the head and adapter screwed down there is maybe 2 mm between the bottom of the pill and the ledge on the Adapter. Still not a lot of breathing room but acceptable. My camera is out and about right now or I would post pics.

Any idea of when the next round on v3's might be here.

I am hoping to have a few more available before X-mas.

I finally got the pictures to show on my computer and I really like the V3.

I am hoping to have a few more available before X-mas.
    Thanks for the update.. I've been waiting to grab one..

This out of stock posting on your website has got to stop. Please, I want a v3.

We just got a couple new machines before the Holiday season. They are almost up and running. I don't like having it say out of stock on my site as much as you. I will make plenty of extras on the next go round..

I see that the VanIsleDSM Septa is becoming a reality will it be attachable to your 26650 host? I'm in the dark about threads used.

I am not sure since I don't have a septa head. But if the head mates to a C Series body then it should work.

I am not sure since I don't have a septa head. But if the head mates to a C Series body then it should work.
    My Septa head works perfectly with the TNC 26650 host. No issues.

Thanks for the info, I'll be checking daily for the host.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by jfl View Post
    My Septa head works perfectly with the TNC 26650 host. No issues.
    Hmmm I had a Septa head and it fitted my copper fivemega body - I also have a TnC D36 host, and no C head fits that (but the D36 head) - threads smaller and bigger diameter opening.

Chris is the D36 host a different size? no biggie.

These babies are back in stock and they are on sale. Just ordered a V3!!! Happy Birthday to me.

I'll be out at the mailbox if you need me.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn7 View Post
    Hmmm I had a Septa head and it fitted my copper fivemega body - I also have a TnC D36 host, and no C head fits that (but the D36 head) - threads smaller and bigger diameter opening.

Chris is the D36 host a different size? no biggie.
    Hello Glenn,

Sorry I missed your post. I didn't realize there was a new post in the thread.

For the Septa head to work you would need the D26 adapter. I believe you just ordered the D36 light so you didn't get the D26 Adapter. If you would like to get the adapter by itself just send me an E-Mail!

Chris
    Last edited by TnC_Products; 01-21-2012 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Coach View Post
    These babies are back in stock and they are on sale. Just ordered a V3!!! Happy Birthday to me.

I'll be out at the mailbox if you need me.
    I am so far behind on my work right now that I had to come in Today (Saturday). The two new machines we purchased put us back three weeks. We are now just trying to play catch up.

Since I came in I shipped out the orders I received late yesterday and today.

I am glad to have bought the only polished Al and it is already on the way.

Thumbs up Re: Aluminum P60 style (D26) 26650 Light Housing ** Interest / Discussion **

I got mine yesterday morning. That's some FAST!!!! customer service!!! Beautiful work too. The threads are smooth as silk. Can't wait for my drop-in to arrive and put this baby together. Nice work Chris.

Ok. I should have some V3 lights on my site tomorrow (Saturday). Just got some back from the anodizers.

I just put a few more V3 lights up for sale in the store. Both HA-Black and HA-Natural. I even have a couple that have trit slots in them.

Looked at your store - interested in buying the 14 trit slot version - how much would shipping be to the UK?

thanks

Mohan
    During the day when I don't need a torch ... RC is my hobby http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/gallery/47842/Always on the lookout for McGizmo/Kuku Titanium torches with Trits..