• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Video demo of the Peak Logan and Eiger both with momentary switches and QTC

netprince

Enlightened
So how much force are you applying to get the low and high levels?

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, an excellent video demonstration of the new QTC technology and it's incorporation into these fine lights, especially with the clip and momentary switch.

I had been looking at this exact setup, but wasn't sure if the momentary switch could be incorporated along with the clip in the new QTC models, so it's very cool to see that you've managed to get it all working together harmoniously. Good job.

I'm curious. Are those the new modified momentary switches that Curt has been talking about, or are those the original unmodified momentary switches?

Also, how are you carrying the Eiger? Is that clip for pants pocket carry, or possibly shirt pocket carry?

Thanks again for taking the time to shoot and post the video.

Death's Head

Enlightened
So how much force are you applying to get the low and high levels?
Not too much really. Not enough to fatigue my thumb unless I'd be holding down the switch for an extended period of time, which then, I would just twist the head to the brightness that I want. The spring in the switch gives you adequate feedback without being too soft where the light could easily switch on in your pocket.

Wow, an excellent video demonstration of the new QTC technology and it's incorporation into these fine lights, especially with the clip and momentary switch.

I had been looking at this exact setup, but wasn't sure if the momentary switch could be incorporated along with the clip in the new QTC models, so it's very cool to see that you've managed to get it all working together harmoniously. Good job.

I'm curious. Are those the new modified momentary switches that Curt has been talking about, or are those the original unmodified momentary switches?

Also, how are you carrying the Eiger? Is that clip for pants pocket carry, or possibly shirt pocket carry?

Thanks again for taking the time to shoot and post the video.

The clip wasn't a problem which was also a worry of mine. I had a pen clip from a Fenix that I could have used in it's place if it didn't work. Luckily it did.

I also was waiting for the modified momentary switches. Luckily, I called Bob. The switches didn't have to be modified after all. I mean, you do have to take one of the springs and metal post out, but that's it. They are the original momentary switches that Peak had made.

Before this Eiger QTC, I had a single output version. I have been carrying it in my left front pocket of my pants/shorts, and also on the shirt pocket of my scrubs. The SS version is really nice for this light. You can't really tell the difference in weight compared to the HA version. But I have a HA Logan QTC in front of me, and the SS 17500 Logan is quite hefty compared to it.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, that's neat that you can use the original momentary switches. Both lights really are quite nice looking, and it's funny, but the feeling of a substantial, well made light comes through even on the video.

Thanks for the info and enjoy your new lights.

dirtech

Enlightened
Does this mean they are not making the QTC momentary switches? I have been waiting for them and sounds like I don't have to wait. Also that is the moddoo clip correct?

Death's Head

Enlightened
The QTC is not in the switch, but in the body of the flashlight. If that is what you referring to.
And yes, it's a Moofoo clip from Oveready.

Last edited:

dirtech

Enlightened
I was referring to the QTC specific switch that they were/are going to make. The one that works without modification. I just checked rmsk. $10 for switch $12.95 to ship. Any place better to purchase?

Great video BTW.

Death's Head

Enlightened
I was referring to the QTC specific switch that they were/are going to make. The one that works without modification. I just checked rmsk. $10 for switch $12.95 to ship. Any place better to purchase?

Great video BTW.

I haven't known of any QTC installed switch. But I did think at first that they were going to be made. Maybe you have different info than me. But from what I know is that there were going to be switches made specifically for the QTC lights. And now it turns out that there is only one kind of switch that works for all of the lights, both QTC and non-QTC.

dirtech

Enlightened
That's good to know because I've been waiting for their release. BTW, my info came from Bob a few weeks ago. It's a non issue if the regular switch works with minor modification.

Death's Head

Enlightened
I've been waiting and waiting for a modules switch for the QTC bodies and just happened to call regarding something else. Asking about the switch was an after thought, but I wa glad that I asked.

papageorgio

Newly Enlightened
Great video! Any chance you might be able to take them outside and show us how they light things up? I tried starting a beamshot thread, but it didnt get too far! Good work!

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
This looks so great. Now with variable head twist lights from peak, this is like getting the T1A only that can tailstand & takes AA batteries!

sassaquin

Enlightened
Thank you for the informative and well made video. It is great to see someone else who is as excited about Peak QTC lights as I am. So far, I own a SS Logan (123) QTC and an Eiger SS with aftermarket QTC. Next, I am eyeing a Logan SS (AA) QTC, but I have to find a way to justify the $13 shipping.:thumbsdow

I too, have been waiting for a momentary switch that works with QTC models, so this is exciting news. However, I need to know more about the modification to determine if this is something I am capable of doing. To be honest, I am a women with limited skills, but I am mechanically inclined and have quite a few tools. I don't want to pay for a switch that I am unable to modify, so would you please explain in detail what needs to be done. Thank you.:)

busseguy

Enlightened
Thats one reason I dont buy any new peaks because of the shipping charges.

Last edited:

Death's Head

Enlightened
That's pretty harsh thing to say about Bob, don't you think? He doesn't pocket any of the shipping charges. Use the UPS website and see for yourself.
He's lost 3 or 4 packages in one month using USPS. Can you blame him to want to use a different delivery service.

sassaquin

Enlightened
That's pretty harsh thing to say about Bob, don't you think? He doesn't pocket any of the shipping charges. Use the UPS website and see for yourself.
He's lost 3 or 4 packages in one month using USPS. Can you blame him to want to use a different delivery service.

First off, let me say that Bob has been extremely helpful with several recent online chats we had. He is very knowledgeable, professional and patient with all of my questions. I hope that I have not offended him, and if I did, I sincerely apologize.
I meant no disrespect to Bob as it is his company and if he is only comfortable using UPS, that is his decision. When I said I have to find a way to justify the shipping charge, I really ment it. It will take me rationalizing my love of Peak lights to fight the "Frugal Fanny" in me. I have already sprung once last month on shipping for my Logan SS QTC and if the shipping wasn't quite so much, I would have most likely bought two or three more Peaks this year. It's funny, I really want another Peak, but don't want to pay the shipping, so I start to look at other lights with cheaper or free shipping and I just can't pull the trigger. I always go back and start drooling over the Peaks.:)

Does anyone know what has to be done to the monentary switches to work with the QTC pills? Thanks.

Last edited:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Gee thanks Paul, you just cost me $130! :D

I just ordered a 17500 SS QTC Logan, is that the one in the video? The momentary switch is out of stock, but I did go to Oveready and get a clip too!

Latest posts