EDC - What's in Your Pocket(s)?? Third Edition

ericjohn

Enlightened
Continued From EDC - What's in Your Pocket(s)?? Second Edition

Yaesu VX-170-2 Meter Handie Talkie. Ham Radio Ops.

Incandesent Mini Maglite w/ Xenon bulbs. Backup EDC flashlight

LED Mini Maglite w/ Multi-Mode Switch. Primary EDC flashlight.

Gerber Suspension Multi-tool. Get most things done.

Premier Blades tactical knife w/ seatbelt cutter and window smasher. Protection from various people and things.

Victorinox Recruit w/ Aluminum Handle. Good to go with my incandescent Mini Maglite.

Incandescent 2C Cell Maglite. Good when going through dangerous neighborhoods day or night.

*UPDATE*

The only instrument I still carry out of all of those is my Black Incandescent Mini Maglite. I am getting out of amateur radio (I will continue to renew my license so I can legally use a scanner nationwide.) Needless to say; I no longer carry the VX-170. My Gerber Suspension is in my tool satchel. I gave my 2C Cell Maglite to my dad during Hurricane Issac. I keep my Victorinox Recruit in the kitchen drawer and it is my can opener. The tactical Premier knife is broken, but I still have it. My Blue Multi Mode Mini Maglite is in storage. I have an edc bag that I have my devices in. It is a SwissGear Backpack that came out in 2011. In that bag; I have another Incandescent (Blue) Mini Maglite and a Black Mini Maglite Pro as my other two edc flashlights. Those flashlights are carried in my pocket as needed. In my bag; I also carry my new EDC calculator, a 2013 TI 30XA. I wear a Casio MRW200H-2BV Watch. In my pockets I usually have one of those three flashlights and a Pantech Link P7040.

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Re: EDC Gear-Flashlights and other items. (Post Pictures)

Continued from EDC-What-s-in-Your-Pocket(s)-Second-Edition

I dont EDC ALL this stuff at once, I rotate stuff in and out of rotation. Pick one light and stowe it next to the leatherman on my belt.

Seiko 55 Fathoms, Michael Lively custom build on a TimeFactors ladder strap (I have several watches to pick from, this one is my fave daily wearer)
Sandisk Sansa
Ipod shuffle
q-Jays ear monitors
16340 cells in a Darksucks carrier
Fenix MC10
Romisen RC-N3-Q5
Ako-Ray K109
Quark AA-R5 Tactical
Zebralight H501
Fenix L1T-V2 (My most durable / heavily abused light)
Solarforce L2m, with a DIY XRE-R2 dropin (1.2A, I like it because it blinks when Vin < 3.5V
Leatherman + light belt pack
Fenix E0 Dart on a Surefire neck lanyard (I wear this camping)
On my keys is an ITP-A3 EOS

In my backpack for work, travel..etc.
I wil pack carry a 2x16340 / 18650 sized light (my 2 fave smaller Surefires shown for example)
Tom Hamond design CRKT Cruiser serrated folder
dscn6723.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Xacto

Enlightened

My current setup
EDC_07_2011.jpg

Surefire 6P with a multi-mode Wolf Eyes Dropin
Kubotan/Kubaton
SMART car key with SAK Rambler
Elcheapo LiteXpress Mini Palm 100
SAK Deluxe Tinker.
Fenix E01 with lanyard sealed in air and lint-tight. Intended as a sort of emergency light with a lithium AAA and a vacuformed diffusor over the head/dirtcover.

Excluded are an iPhone and a regular cell phone and around 15 different keys (flat, parents flat, office)

Cheers
Thorsten

P.S.: Good thing that I can recycle my earlier post - took some time to get a half-decent picture of my setup. ;-)

Last edited:

dmattaponi

Enlightened

Here's mine...everything pictured carried daily.
UpdatedEDC-2.jpg

Victorinox Explorer Plus
Spyderco Delica 4
Fenix E15
Fisher Bullet (small Moleskine in space on back of wallet)
Lexar Echo USB Drive 16gb
Split Pea Lighter
ACR WW-3 Whistle
Not pictured is my cell phone.

Generally wear cargo pants at work and at play, so distributing the items throughout the pockets isn't a problem, and for the most part I can't even tell they're there. Pen, USB, flashlight, and SAK get used a lot. Whistle and lighter not so much, but they are so small I figure I have them if needed. I use the whistle more often than I would have expected.

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

edcs.jpg

Only the lights within my Max Micro are in rotation with the array on the left. Rest are carried daily. I also carry my Canon S95 half of the time (not shown cos er... it's used to take this shot).

Ian2381

Enlightened
Wow, how can they fit those items in their pockets?
Here's what I carry in my pockets:
Wallet
Cellphone
Coins
Zebralight SC50+
Lumintop worm ss

Flashlight I carry still depends where I'm going.

frogger42

Newly Enlightened
Here is what I carry on me (although I rotate the Native with a Delica, Endura or Mini-Griptilian)...

EDC.jpg

...but I keep this in my glove box so it is never far away (The Streamlight Microstream will be replaced with a Streamlight Stylus Pro as soon as it arrives. It has been ordered and is on its way.)...

EDC-Kit-3.jpg

NWdude83

Newly Enlightened
Wallet, cell, Kershaw Leek, JetBeam Jet-1 Pro V3, keys, sometimes my iTP A3 EOS on my keychain.

DimGR

Newly Enlightened
My Omega Seamaster , Maxpedition Spartan wallet , Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 , house keys with widgy bar and Fenix E01 , car keys and my Nitecore SR3:drool:
not pictured my Smith&Wesson Tactical pen

DSC03529.jpg

Last edited:

TheTomas

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty proud of my titanium Preon2/Embassy Pen/Sebenza trio, so I've been using any excuse to post pictures. Here's my EDC stuff

2011-08-04_18-34-14_116.jpg

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
Ok. Here goes
Quark 123 s2
Keys for 2 cars
Billfold/cash clip
Sog Vulcan
Droidx in otter box
Glock 26 with Pearce plate
Cross breed holster
Pen
Omega Sea Master Chronograph

Terry M

Newly Enlightened

edcs.jpg

Only the lights within my Max Micro are in rotation with the array on the left. Rest are carried daily. I also carry my Canon S95 half of the time (not shown cos er... it's used to take this shot).

Can you please link to what organizer that is? Thank you!

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's a Maxpedition Micro Pocket Organizer. :)

TheTomas

Newly Enlightened

Hey zeruel, nice pen, micra, and usb key. *high five* What is the tubular object on the far right of the edc case?

Latest posts