PEAK
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nitecore DS1, ES1, ES2, TM11

Default Re: Nitecore DS1, ES1, ES2, TM11

Quote Originally Posted by bondr006 View Post
    I will be getting my hands on the TM11 tonight. I will be making a video, and then they will be letting me take it home to use and do a preview on. So, in the next day or two I'll be getting that up with lots of pictures and my take on the light.
    Good for you, Rob! I look forward to your video and your take.

I will be getting my hands on the TM11 tonight. I will be making a video, and then they will be letting me take it home to use and do a preview on. So, in the next day or two I'll be getting that up with lots of pictures and my take on the light.

Nice!!!!!!!! I can't Wait!

I'm keen to know more about the es2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Over sized sigline image removed.

Quote Originally Posted by varuscelli View Post
    Good for you, Rob! I look forward to your video and your take.
    +1
    NOVATAC 120P, INOVA T1 X5 X1 O0 trios O0, JETBeam JET-μ C-LE 1,0 2,0 MK.IIX 1,0, FENIX P1D CE L1T, Gerber Infinity Ultra Task Light, ORB raw, WOLF-EYES PX Explorer, PELI MityLite 2AAA, PHOTON Proton Freedom Micro, Luma Power M1R, SUREFIRE G2, Peak LED Solutions Matterhorn Brass 3, Pacific Brass AAA

Quote Originally Posted by spankone View Post
    I'm keen to know more about the es2.

Me to, I have lots of interest in the TM11 but about equal or maybe even more with the ES2, can't wait to see your impressions Rob.
    My flashlight collection HERE

Well, just got back from LJ. Made the video and I have the sample light that NiteCore sent. Pretty dawgone impressive. It's too late for me to make up a full post about it tonight, but will get one up in the next day or two. Until then, here are a few teaser pictures. Enjoy!

Last edited by bondr006; 09-24-2011 at 06:37 PM.
    Rob Bond - My Lights - Needs some serious Updating

WOW that's shorter than i thought.
    Surefire,Inova,4Sevens,Fenix,Olight,Malkoff, AEX25,Xeray50,Polarion Aybss Dual, AElight 30-50 watt,Wiseled tactical 2000,Peak, Lupine Wilma TL, .......

Thanks for the pics Rob do you have any Redilast 18650 2900mah and 3100mah you can try, I'm curious if they work or fit in the TM11.

Quote Originally Posted by jhc37013 View Post
    Thanks for the pics Rob do you have any Redilast 18650 2900mah and 3100mah you can try, I'm curious if they work or fit in the TM11.
    Hey Jason. Unfortunately I don't have those cells. I do have JETBeam 2300mah, AW 2200mah, and Ultrfire 3000mah. They are all protected cells and they all work fine. In fact, on the light and in the user manual....it says to use only protected cells when using 18650's.

I am going to try and get my preview post up by tonight, but most likely not till tomorrow night. My son has indoor soccer later this morning, and then I am doing lunch with a couple of fellow CPFr's (Blades and Flying Turtle). I am looking forward to that. I get together with Flying Turtle on a regular basis, but this will be the first time I get to meet Blades. I will surprise them with this light.

I want to get some outdoor beam and comparison shots also, but it is raining here. Hopefully it will let up enough for me to get some tonight.

Have a good day.

Rob

Flashaholic

Thanks Rob, love the the pic of the tiny monster next to the tk 35 .

Quote Originally Posted by gopajti View Post

i hope she comes with the light

Hey Jason. Unfortunately I don't have those cells. I do have JETBeam 2300mah, AW 2200mah, and Ultrfire 3000mah. They are all protected cells and they all work fine. In fact, on the light and in the user manual....it says to use only protected cells when using 18650's.

Rob
    Thanks for the effort I watched the video at Lightjunction and it looks like there is some extra room in the battery tubes to hold a larger battery than the Jetbeam 18650, if Nitecore measured the 1hr 15min runtime using 2300mah battery's then using 2900 or 3100mah Redilast battery's should significantly increase runtime.

For example if you use 2900mah battery's instead of the 2300mah the 600mah difference is multiplied by 4 for an additional 2400mah so it's like having 5x18650 instead of 4, if the 3100mah Redilast fit then the increase would be that much greater.

First it all comes down to A. Will they fit, at first glance it almost looks like they will and B. will the raised flat positive contact surface on the Redilast battery make contact with the brass ring inside the head of the light (if in fact that is where the battery makes contact I'm just assuming).

I would really like to figure this out because I'm going to order some more 18650's, I have all the battery's mentioned and could wait to see myself and I guess that is what I will have to do unless someone with a sample has some Redilast. It's not a problem waiting but you know how it is I would like to have the exact battery's I'm going to use with the TM11 when the light arrives.

Some quite bizarre pics here

Quote Originally Posted by Burntrice View Post
    Some quite bizarre pics here
    Well, they certainly give an interesting frame of reference for size...especially if you're a firefighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn7 View Post
    TM11 was mentioned @ $175 then removed rumors have said $250ish
    Too bad the price on the TM11 jumped up so much from the original estimated cost (roughly 50 percent higher than what was initially posted). I'm sure that the preorder cost of $260 it's competitively priced for what looks like very nice quality and exceptional performance...but it's certainly a bit higher than I had hoped to see. I'm guessing what happened was that perhaps a wholesale price got posted inadvertently.
    Last edited by varuscelli; 09-27-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Do we have any info on the es2 yet?

Over sized sigline image removed.

I got my shipping info today for my TM11, first thing I will do is try the Redilast 2900 and 3100mah's.

any news about the 3 small lights yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsan View Post
    any news about the 3 small lights yet?
    I sent a email to Nitecore, hopefully they respond with a release time frame.

Flashaholic*

Got my shipping notice yesterday too he he (laughs like a school girl) can't wait.....

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn7 View Post
    Got my shipping notice yesterday too he he (laughs like a school girl) can't wait.....
    Stop it -- you're embarrassing us...

Flashaholic*

Just getting in touch with my inner school girl..... Dang these lights.
    I suppose we embarras ourselves enough walking around with a differant light each day and when quiried we rattlie off like a nerd servont Ti xp XML 4.2amps drop in custom one of a kind triple quad mc clickie piston ixp8 trit HAIII thermal lithium protected SST90 nipple and double decaf with a twist of lemon and a partridge in a pear tree - and that's if you can get all that out before their eyes glaze over and you have lost them.
    Last edited by Glenn7; 09-29-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Ha! Too funny, Glenn.

Yeah, you're right about being walking, talking advertisements for the latest in flashlight technology. I find I start getting the glazed look from most folks once I get much beyond the words "LED flashlight." But the few who stay interested are usually the ones worth talking to in more detail. The hardest thing is trying to explain how a flashlight can be worth $200-plus when they can pick something up at the local store for $6...

SYSMAX, Nitecore TM11 video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ipGhJMESE

Default Re: NiteCore DS1, ES1, ES2, TM11

SYSMAX/NiteCore should be choosing models/spokesmodels with larger hands. The ritualistic dainty woman approach makes the Tiny Monster look bigger than it probably really is, which seems like the reverse of the message they'd want to get across. I guess there's an overpowering cultural need to sell using women. Shaq seems to be pretty much free these days...maybe they should bring him on board.

A Tiny Monster Meets A Big Monster

Last edited by varuscelli; 09-30-2011 at 06:48 AM.

Looks like Shaq got himself a nice pocketable EDC

Still nothing about the small lights...

Tam

Quote Originally Posted by gopajti View Post
    SYSMAX, Nitecore TM11 video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ipGhJMESE
    My video is much better.... My hands are much prettier than hers
    Last edited by bondr006; 09-30-2011 at 04:18 AM.

My video is much better.... My hands are much prettier than hers
    Rob her hands may be pretty but yours is a little more (emotional involved) so right now you still own the worlds best TM11 video.

I should have mine tomorrow but I did want to ask about the UI to clear some things up.

First can you select a lower mode from turbo mode or is the lower modes only available in the Daily mode?

Next in her video memory was mentioned so from Daily mode if you half press until you reach 500lmn and then turn the light off when you turn the light back on in Daily mode will it light up in 500 lumen or 1100lmn, in other words is the memory only in the "sub levels" or is the last level used in Daily mode memorized? I hope my question makes some since.

Quote Originally Posted by jhc37013 View Post
    Rob her hands may be pretty but yours is a little more (emotional involved) so right now you still own the worlds best TM11 video.

Aw, jeepers... Thanks Jason!

I should have mine tomorrow but I did want to ask about the UI to clear some things up.

First can you select a lower mode from turbo mode or is the lower modes only available in the Daily mode?

The 3 lower modes are only available in and from the Daily mode.
    In other words, you have to turn off the light from Turbo mode and then half press it on to get to the three lower levels in the Daily mode.

Next in her video memory was mentioned so from Daily mode if you half press until you reach 500lmn and then turn the light off when you turn the light back on in Daily mode will it light up in 500 lumen or 1100lmn, in other words is the memory only in the "sub levels" or is the last level used in Daily mode memorized? I hope my question makes some since.

Yes. In the Daily mode, the light comes back on in the level you turned it off. BTW, the 3 "sub levels" are the Daily mode.

Hope this helps Jason!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast