HDS Systems        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Klarus Mi X6 (XP-G R5, 1xAAA, Stainless Steel) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS and more!

Default Re: Klarus Mi X6 (XP-G R5, 1xAAA, Stainless Steel) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS and mo

Quote Originally Posted by JulianP View Post
    Ordered on February 2, shipped on February 14, received on March 6.
    check your pm, i have found some external ref which should prove satisfactory.
    in any case keep the SS. not worth sending it back to DD.

Default Re: Klarus Mi X6 (XP-G R5, 1xAAA, Stainless Steel) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS and mo

Quote Originally Posted by shelm View Post
    when exactly did you order it from Dinodirect? i got mine from Dinodirect too and it was a real Titanium version, others reported the same positive experience (forolinternas). maybe the seller doesnt take too much care to differentiate between the two versions, both look alike after all!
    That's my own review! Do we know each other?

no but [strike]fran knows me[/strike]i know fran
    i havent regged on your forum yet aunke seppa castel hanio jaja
    great review btw, and congrats to getting the Mix6 Ti for 23.80€!!
    Last edited by shelm; 03-08-2012 at 04:16 AM.

hehe
    Thank you!
    Yeah, that was a lucky good price. During january they had a coupon for 20% off for orders of +50usd on flashlights.
    I was expecting a SS, but I was happy to receive a Ti!

they still have a 5$ off +30usd orders coupon code (have tested it, works!) and i am thinking of buying the Ti edition too.

have you ever measured its weight exactly, without the mini split ring (never trust manufacturer's specs )?
    as far as i can tell it's even lighter than the preon P0, amazing!

i am envious now, hehe

I don't have measuded weight yet becouse digital precision balance is at work, and I'm on holidays this week.
    Anyway, my MiX6 Ti came without split ring
    and yes, they still have it for a great price, 30 eur.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ20 View Post
    hehe
    Thank you!
    Yeah, that was a lucky good price. During january they had a coupon for 20% off for orders of +50usd on flashlights.
    I was expecting a SS, but I was happy to receive a Ti!
    I am so jealous! After a bit of correspondence DD have agreed to refund $20, so my Klarus Mi X6 SS cost me about US$20. I agreed of course, but I still wish I had the Ti (I hope I am not starting to sound like a spoilt kid - I'm just a hopeless flashaholic)
    Malo odiat lux (Latin proverb - Evil hates light)

I don't have measuded weight yet becouse digital precision balance is at work, and I'm on holidays this week.
    I got the following weights:
    Steel: 16.3 gram and 15.7 gram (I have two of these)
    Ti: 12.1 gram
    Gold: 16.8 gram
    My website with battery, charger, usb reviews, comparisons & information: https://lygte-info.dk/
    Latest addition is multimeter reviews

and yes, they still have it for a great price, 30 eur.
    With the coupon code (anyone interested pm me!) the price is US$33.99, and then you can apply your other usual discounts (Dinopoints, giftcards) to reduce this even more. A great price for the titanium version!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JulianP View Post
    DD have agreed to refund $20, so my Klarus Mi X6 SS cost me about US$20.
    congrats to you too to the generous refund! Think of it, "your price difference" between the MiX6 SS and the MiX6 Ti is exactly these $20! Anyone in this thread would be happy and grateful to get the MiX6 SS for "about US$20" like you did
    Quote Originally Posted by HKJ View Post
    I got the following weights:
    Steel: 16.3 gram and 15.7 gram (I have two of these)
    Ti: 12.1 gram
    Gold: 16.8 gram
    Thanks HKJ! selfbuilt had measured 16.2g (with or without mini split ring is unclear), official specs is 18g, and i have measured 17g (with or without split ring doesnt make a difference on my kitchen scale!). Compared with a iTP A3 (1st market release, aluminum) and its 9 grams, the MiX6 SS is almost double as heavy and i can certainly feel its heft.

Then again, if we paid less than 20bucks for it, it's nothing to be concerned about -- in the sense of "you get what you pay for" and "if you want it to weigh 6 grams less, then spend additional 20$ to get the Titanium edition" rofl!

additional 20$ to get a "gain" (=loss) of 6 grams? let's get real, everybody!!

I put weight as one key feature, but SS is also good for keychain lights. I hate to see how my keys destroys/wears anodized aluminium flashlights by friction

Great review,just recieved the Ti version 41.00 at Dino.
    Really nice aesthetics on this one ,and it works well..thx..kelly

Enlightened

I've been reading up so I could find a good deal and a good dealer. $41 for the Ti is sounding good to me. I was just at their site . Found it in a web search for the Ti model. The search brought it up as the Ti model but when I clicked, it was the s.s. model. I immediately quit looking at them because it sounded kinda' tricky. Maybe I jusy didn't scroll down or something. I'll check 'em again. I have a s.s. neck chain abd didn't want to add anymore weight than I had to.

Quote Originally Posted by shelm View Post
    when exactly did you order it from Dinodirect? i got mine from Dinodirect too and it was a real Titanium version, others reported the same positive experience (forolinternas). maybe the seller doesnt take too much care to differentiate between the two versions, both look alike after all!
    It seems to be clearly listed as SS now, no sign of the TI model.

Norm

Enlightened

I went back but could not find the link that had taken me there. I checked the site and couldn't find a Ti version offered. I went to UniqueTitanium.com and got it for $59.95.

Flashaholic

I also purchased two of the Ti listed ones from DD and received two SS lights... Took a very long time for them to arrive. :-p

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    It seems to be clearly listed as SS now, no sign of the TI model.

Norm
    The dinodirect.com webpage still says "TC4".
    if you know your physics, TC4 is short for a specified titanium alloy.

TC4 is no steel nor stainless steel.

i have contacted their customer service. nothing has changed. they still ship both versions under the same SKU so go ahead Norm if you're interested in purchasing it from them

I've been fooling around with both the Ti and the SS units.
    I love 'em. I've drop tested both from 1.5m onto kitchen tiles.
    For the (basically) flat drop, both had no probs.

HOWEVER I also choose to do an '""end-first"" drop, butt/keyring-attachment-end down (about 80degrees).
    I tried this because I was suspicious of the bottom (-) contact not being a spring: merely looks like sprung-brass-shaving-piggy-tail thingy.
    Alas, both lights are now damaged.

I recommend you take my word for it, and don't do your own drop test allowing the butt to hit first.

If I get just the right AAA cell (tallest selection on benchtop), twisty contact (on) is made just before total thread runs all the way in.

With this one caveat, I still love 'em both.

Quote Originally Posted by 5CardBLAZE View Post
    HOWEVER I also choose to do an '""end-first"" drop, butt/keyring-attachment-end down (about 80degrees).
    I tried this because I was suspicious of the bottom (-) contact not being a spring: merely looks like sprung-brass-shaving-piggy-tail thingy.
    Alas, both lights are now damaged.

I recommend you take my word for it, and don't do your own drop test allowing the butt to hit first.

If I get just the right AAA cell (tallest selection on benchtop), twisty contact (on) is made just before total thread runs all the way in.
    Hi Scardblaze,

i published a mod on another forum which will make this light butt-fall-proof

Default Klarus MiX6 - How to switch between outputs?

I just received my MiX6 Ti, and I really like the size and look. However, I am having trouble switching between outputs. When I twist the head it will go either directly into dim, medium, or high. Occasional, it will go directly into strobe mode. Is the switch supposed to go from low to medium to high to strobe progressively, or do I need to switch off one output level and switch back on to another output level? Or is my light defective?

TIA.

From post one

User Interface

Turn on by fully tightening the head/bezel against the body. The light is off when the bezel is loosened slightly.

Light comes on in Med output to start. To select a different level, twist the Mi X6 off and then back on again within 1 second. This will advance to the next level in the following repeating sequence: Med > Lo > Hi > Strobe.

There is no memory mode.
    Norm

Norm, thanks for pointing out the interface. Tried it and worked as described. For some reason I didn't find this review in my search. Thanks to the OP of the review!

I just bought one of these, and noticed that there seems to be a lot of variation in the number after the "MX6" on the body of the light. Mine is MX6F8269, but in looking at the photos in several of the reviews and seller sites, there are many different variations. Some start with a single F, while others have FF. Not a big deal, but I was just curious because I was wondering if they refer to different versions, and if mine is an older or newer version. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltytasker View Post
    I just bought one of these, and noticed that there seems to be a lot of variation in the number after the "MX6" on the body of the light.
    That's likely a serial number.
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Latest hobby: whiskyanalysis.com. New: Selfbuilt's MID-RANGE MYSTERY BOX Sale
    Gratefully accepting donations to my battery fund.

Quote Originally Posted by selfbuilt View Post
    That's likely a serial number.
    Yeah, I considered that, but all of them start with a single F followed by a four digit number, or double F followed by a three digit number, so it seemed like that would result in a max of only 10998 units made, unless they expanded it. Not really important, as I do like the light, but just curious. Thanks.

Enlightened

Does anyone know if the Klarus Mi10 XP-G R5 uses the same guts as the MiX6 reviewed here? It looks like they have the same exact performance specs. If so, the Mi10 would be a more economical version with the advantage of knurling on the body.

Also, can anybody tell me how the low mode on the MiX6 compares to that of the Fenix LD01? I already have the LD01 but I need a low mode that is a little dimmer.

Thanks!

~David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12