Storacell

Thread: Whats with flashlightlens and UCL windows all scratched?

Default Whats with flashlightlens and UCL windows all scratched?

Whats up with Flashlightlens the maker of UCL windows for lights. Absolutey every window I have bought made by them (except for the one in my M2 head) and I have bought at least 15 of them in past 2 years has been scratched or with little pits in it. The latest one which came sealed in a little bag is cOVERED in scratches.

anyone else ?
    Last edited by purelite; 08-05-2011 at 12:59 PM. Reason: edit for content

Nana Re: Whats with flashlightlens and UCL windows all scratched?

Purelite,
    Please feel free to contact me directly whenever you have any problems regarding my lenses. I'm always willing to handle customer service issues immediately to get issues resolved - assuming you simply give me the chance. I'm not sure if I missd your email or not - I don't recall seeing anything.

When I package my lenses for shipment, they are each individually inspected to make sure they meet the quality I have always tried to represent and maintain for the 9 years I've been selling the UCL lens.

Just email me if you have any issues.... I promise I'll take care of you just like I have others through the years.
    IR Filters now available! Also - have a look at our Acrylite diffusion lenses
    CPF Members - Take 10% off your next order with discount code CPF2009.

Default Re: Whats with flashlightlens and UCL windows all scratched?

Odd... I've ordered dozens (6 in the past month) of lenses from flashlightlens and never had a problem with product or service. I'm sure they'll take care of you if you let them.

-DF
    KineticParadox ...a personal web space with my CBA Battery Testing and my LED Bin Coding Charts.

sorry if i came across kinda rantish.

Email sent FL. Thanx fir the quick response.

Purelite,
    I have sent a couple of emails over your way. Hopefully you'll find the solution acceptable.

All - please remember that I always strive for perfection and maintain a full refund policy. If you're ever not satisfied with my lenses, send them back for new ones or a full refund. I have this policy listed on my site, but it may not be as visible as it could be. If I need to change it in any way or you think it needs to be modified to fit the needs of the "flashaholic," let me know.
    Return / Refund Policy
    Every item we sell is carefully inspected before it is shipped. If you are not satisfied with the goods and inform us within seven days of your receipt of the goods, we will arrange to collect them and give a full refund. Or we will exchange items if they are faulty on delivery to you and we are notified within 10 days of the customers receipt of the product. All products to be returned must be carefully repackaged in their original packing.
    Thanks!
    Chris
    IR Filters now available! Also - have a look at our Acrylite diffusion lenses
    CPF Members - Take 10% off your next order with discount code CPF2009.

You gotta admit, one of the greatest things about this site is the ability to interact with designers, manufacturers and retailers.
    32 minutes from the time the thread was posted the manufacturer/retailer was stepping up to make things right!

That is why this is an awesome community!

Quote Originally Posted by swampgator View Post
    You gotta admit, one of the greatest things about this site is the ability to interact with designers, manufacturers and retailers.
    32 minutes from the time the thread was posted the manufacturer/retailer was stepping up to make things right!

That is why this is an awesome community!
    Perhaps the OP would have done better to contact the Flashlightlens in the first instance and then discuss it here if it couldn't be resolved with Flashlightlens. The same goes for any supplier.
    Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Perhaps the OP would have done better to contact the Flashlightlens in the first instance and then discuss it here if it couldn't be resolved with Flashlightlens. The same goes for any supplier.
    Norm
    True, but flashlightlens took the high road and didn't question why it was posted publicy and not privately. He just wanted to make it right.

I've got lots of ultra clear lenses from Flashlightlens.com and none are defective. Excellent service and products.

Quote Originally Posted by swampgator View Post
    True, but flashlightlens took the high road and didn't question why it was posted publicy and not privately. He just wanted to make it right.
    No problem with the way things turned out, just saying that your first approach should be with the supplier so as they have the opportunity to set things right.
    Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    No problem with the way things turned out, just saying that your first approach should be with the supplier so as they have the opportunity to set things right.
    Norm
    I agree wholeheartedly.

Flashaholic

Hmm, I purchased many different lenses from them. Not a single problem.
    You made multiple purchases and you were not satisfied (scratched lens) and then you decided that best solution is complaining here instead calling a seller. Strange IMHO.

Banned

I have never heard of flashlightlens.com before this thread was created and I have actually been looking for some lenses for a couple of lights. I finally have a supplier!

I have bought several UCL from and have had zero problems, their lenses have always surpassed the stock lenses on all the flashlights I installed them in.
    'It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames'

Hi all. havnt been on since yesterday.

I have to say I am speechless . Chris I have to apologize for making such a public show of my issues. I should have sent an email first , it was another day of frustrations for me and upon opening up and placing another window in a light to see the scratches on the glass I just got vocal here without taking the appropriate course of action. I have had an issue in the past that I did contact you about and you resolved it quickly for me .

Your response to me here and in emails now has left me trying to figure out what to do here. I really didnt expect you to go to this level to try and correct things for me. I will contact you via email later on to discuss it.

Let me say this to all reading, Flashlightlens and Chris are a great business and he really does care about his customers being happy with his products.

Thats great to hear you got it all cleared up, its always hard to bite your tongue when times are rough
    'It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames'

Just wanted to step in here real quick and say that I have ordered from flashlightlens.com around 4 or 5 times in the past, and everytime the lenses were in pristine condition, packaged extremely well, and shipped out fast either the same day as ordered or the next day. I have also sent emails before and have gotten fast polite responses to my questions. Great company I would definitely recommend and do business with again.
    My Lights Here

Just wondering if those scratches was the plastic film on the lens, for protection, that is usually removed before using. I know that early on in my flashaholic life I had left the plastic on, not noticing it until I had used the light(s) for awhile.

Bill

Flashaholic*

I've bought lenses 2 or 3 times from flashlightlens.com for my ROP & hotwire builds - good prices on the lenses, good prices on shipping and no problems with quality or scratches. My Borofloat & UCL lenses have been great and are still doing a good job in my various lights.
    So many lights, so little money (cause I spent it on lights). I'm not afraid of the dark, the dark is afraid of ME!

I purchased several lens from flashlightlens.com, and they seem like decent lens. But they don't fit any of my flashlights properly.
    For example, both my Dereelight CL1H and my Solarforce L2P come with 28.0mm lens. The 28.6mm lens was just a bit to big to fit, and while the 26.8mm lens will fit, it does not fit the gaskets properly. My Malkoff 2xAA comes with a 22.0mm lens. And both the 22.0 and the 22.61 from flashlightlens.com will fit, but they are too thick! Which means they will put more pressure on the sealing gasket than the brass malkoff module and may damage the gasket after a while.

In the end I have decided it's much better to just get a lens actually made for the flashlights for a more proper fit and seal.