I just thought I should add my votes too.
1) HDS Ra clicky 140 - Super rugged and bright enough for most applications. Nice balance of flood and a moderate amount of throw. Very efficient circuitry built in there.
2) HDS Ra clicky 100 high CRI - Must have light if you frequently go off into the woods. Very nice color rendition of nature. The rest of the reasons are as above.
3) Surefire LX2 - Simple easy to use tail cap for alternating modes. Powerful 200 lumens which felt brighter than claimed. Strong body construction and slim package makes it a very nice camp light.
4) Surefire Stratum - Nice general purpose light with 3 modes. Easy to switch between modes. Tap, tap, tap to change modes and when you are there click it down to lock. I never thought that I would like this UI until I own this light. Super thick and strong body and very huge side spill.
5) Quark MiNi AA - Very nice little light that is rugged and cheap enough for my pocket. Used it as a backup to my main light in case anything should happen. So far so good, it's still as reliable as day one when I got it.
6) Quark 123^2 Turbo - Not too sure if I should add this in. Not really a fan of the UI which requires two-handed operation but it is a good alternative to the Surefire LX2. Strong bodily construction but plagued by a badly designed tail cap. I have a friend who had 3 lemon tail caps.
Ok, so here are my votes.
MD3 | M6CB | Gladius/SSCP4 | A2-HA-WH | A2-HA-YG | A2-BK-WH | Z3/KT2 | M2 | C2 | 6Z | 6P | U2A | K2MS | E2e/KL4 BK | E2DL | E2D | E2L | L2 | Milky ML1/SSCP4 USWOH McR18j | L1-BK-RD | L1-HA-WH | L1-HA-WH Cree | L1-HA-RD | 3P | E1B | E1L | E1E-HA-BK | E1W | 618FA | G2
I voted for the 6P but I'm gonna have to throw in a vote for the Solarforce L2. I don't see any budget lights in the top 10 list but the L2 is a solid torch that I must have. The 6P was not a must have light for me untill I bored and R2'd it but the L2 is ready to go out of the box. The gunmetal version looks like a collectors piece! For around 25 bucks, L2's are a "Must have torch" in my book.
ITP A3 EOS
I havent gone through the whole thread but perhaps the E2DL and E2D votes should be combined.
Some of the E2D votes could be meant for E2DL, though I suppose there are E2D users who prefer the incandescent version.
New guy here, but I would have to vote for the following:
1) Surefire 6P LED - this was my first Surefire light
2) Solarforce L2P - very nice light for the money
That is the limit of my experience to date.
Mag ROP is the only must-have light I have, that meets the currently-available standard.
I really enjoy a modified Surefire 6P with a Malkoff module, but it's not critical. The Malkoff, regardless of host, probably is. My Aviator is my best EDC incan, and quite possibly the better of the two incans, but many other lights could fill its shoes... if its particular UI and such is not a criteria.
OP updated with all votes.
A model must be distinctly different to have its own entry in the list. This is why, for example, the HDS Ra Clicky and HDS Ra Twisty are listed separately.
There is a Zebralight H51 on the list. This light hasn't been sold yet. The person who voted most likely meant to vote for the H501.
EDC: ZL H52w, DQG NW AAA
Zebralight Mods: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=293092
The only useful tool is the one you have with you when you need it.
Sure RichS. You do make sense too. I take it as that. This thread you started is indeed interesting.
This is how it is:
1. Surefire C2
2. Malkoff MD3 V2
3. Novatac 120P
4. Surefire E2DL 200/5
5. Quark Mini 123 Titanium
Bulletproof Utility ...
Add a vote to the Mag ROP and Mag 623, both are must haves on either end of what incans have to offer.
My shameful admission is that I actually love my ultrafire C3's - the single mode is a real burner with a 14500. I know that sounds cheap but there it is. I also have fenix's and 6p's but my C3 gets more use, is bright and cheap.
Aside from that I'd say my E01 or LD01, but just to be different I'm going with the C3.
I'll probably change my mind to the quarkAA tactical when it finally arrives...
Any idiot can manage a crisis. It's day to day living that wears you down.
Several Surefires : E1B, 6P (`95 Laser Products), C2, G2, G2L, Z2, M3, M6
MAGCharger and some other MAGLites
Also updated Ra Clickly entry to indicate the new name after speaking with Henry from HDS Systems.
The 'Ra Clicky' is now 'Ra Clicky (HDS Systems EDC)'.
The 'Ra Twisty' is now 'Ra Twisty (HDS Systems EDC Twisty)'.
The name-change may cause some confusion, but the move back to the original "HDS" name is a good idea, IMO.
Resistance is futile...
EagleTac P20C2 MKII
Eagletac P20C2 MKII, T20C2 MKII, T20C2 MKII & T100C2 MK II - Inova XO3 - Solarforce L2P & L2M - Jetbeam BC40 - Lumapower Trust 2 - C30 Flood-to-Throw AAA
fenix tk20 ( I have 2) just solid
Quark mini- goes anywhere
Dereelight DBS ( don't have but will soon.)