Innovative and high-quality Rofis flashlight
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: The Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- Cast your vote! PART 2

Flashaholic

Default Re: The Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- 430 Votes so far!

Quote Originally Posted by RichS View Post
    OP Updated.

Thanks Kestrel! Nope, I'm not an engineer but I work with plenty of them. I guess it rubs off after a while..

You win the contest for the Most Creative "Must-Have" Vote Submission!!
    I think it was the part about the prostate that made it creative.

Default Re: The Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- 449 Votes so far!

I just thought I should add my votes too.

1) HDS Ra clicky 140 - Super rugged and bright enough for most applications. Nice balance of flood and a moderate amount of throw. Very efficient circuitry built in there.

2) HDS Ra clicky 100 high CRI - Must have light if you frequently go off into the woods. Very nice color rendition of nature. The rest of the reasons are as above.

3) Surefire LX2 - Simple easy to use tail cap for alternating modes. Powerful 200 lumens which felt brighter than claimed. Strong body construction and slim package makes it a very nice camp light.

4) Surefire Stratum - Nice general purpose light with 3 modes. Easy to switch between modes. Tap, tap, tap to change modes and when you are there click it down to lock. I never thought that I would like this UI until I own this light. Super thick and strong body and very huge side spill.

5) Quark MiNi AA - Very nice little light that is rugged and cheap enough for my pocket. Used it as a backup to my main light in case anything should happen. So far so good, it's still as reliable as day one when I got it.

6) Quark 123^2 Turbo - Not too sure if I should add this in. Not really a fan of the UI which requires two-handed operation but it is a good alternative to the Surefire LX2. Strong bodily construction but plagued by a badly designed tail cap. I have a friend who had 3 lemon tail caps.

Ok, so here are my votes.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    What, the L1 doesn't make it?
    I actually thought hard about that. The reason I didn't include it is that the ones I really like best haven't been made in years or are mod'ed.
    MD3 | M6CB | Gladius/SSCP4 | A2-HA-WH | A2-HA-YG | A2-BK-WH | Z3/KT2 | M2 | C2 | 6Z | 6P | U2A | K2MS | E2e/KL4 BK | E2DL | E2D | E2L | L2 | Milky ML1/SSCP4 USWOH McR18j | L1-BK-RD | L1-HA-WH | L1-HA-WH Cree | L1-HA-RD | 3P | E1B | E1L | E1E-HA-BK | E1W | 618FA | G2

I voted for the 6P but I'm gonna have to throw in a vote for the Solarforce L2. I don't see any budget lights in the top 10 list but the L2 is a solid torch that I must have. The 6P was not a must have light for me untill I bored and R2'd it but the L2 is ready to go out of the box. The gunmetal version looks like a collectors piece! For around 25 bucks, L2's are a "Must have torch" in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by pjandyho View Post

1) HDS Ra clicky 140 - Super rugged and bright enough for most applications. Nice balance of flood and a moderate amount of throw. Very efficient circuitry built in there.

2) HDS Ra clicky 100 high CRI - Must have light if you frequently go off into the woods. Very nice color rendition of nature. The rest of the reasons are as above.
    You just had to go and one-up the rest of us didn't you! Two votes for two different models of Clicky!
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Rich I was thinking you need to split the RA lights out but you really can't count this as two votes unless you do. JMO
    JT

Enlightened

ITP A3 EOS

Flashaholic*

I havent gone through the whole thread but perhaps the E2DL and E2D votes should be combined.
    Some of the E2D votes could be meant for E2DL, though I suppose there are E2D users who prefer the incandescent version.

New guy here, but I would have to vote for the following:

1) Surefire 6P LED - this was my first Surefire light
    2) Solarforce L2P - very nice light for the money

That is the limit of my experience to date.

Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    You just had to go and one-up the rest of us didn't you! Two votes for two different models of Clicky!
    Yup. Because I thought it would be fair this way. Surefire have different models and they are winning the favored brand just because others voted the different SF models. We do have different varieties of Ra lights with different emitters and we have the twisties too so it should not be generalized as just Ra clicky. Am I making sense?
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!

Yup. Because I thought it would be fair this way. Surefire have different models and they are winning the favored brand just because others voted the different SF models. We do have different varieties of Ra lights with different emitters and we have the twisties too so it should not be generalized as just Ra clicky. Am I making sense?
    Perfect sense. On that note I'd like to change my original vote for the Ra Clicky to...

1) Ra Clicky Custom 170 lumen narrow beam Executive
    2) Ra Clicky High CRI Executive
    3) Ra Clicky 140 lumen wide beam EDC Executive

...IF that's okay with RichS that is?

Mag ROP is the only must-have light I have, that meets the currently-available standard.

I really enjoy a modified Surefire 6P with a Malkoff module, but it's not critical. The Malkoff, regardless of host, probably is. My Aviator is my best EDC incan, and quite possibly the better of the two incans, but many other lights could fill its shoes... if its particular UI and such is not a criteria.

OP updated with all votes.

3) Surefire LX2 - Simple easy to use tail cap for alternating modes. Powerful 200 lumens which felt brighter than claimed. Strong body construction and slim package makes it a very nice camp light.

4) Surefire Stratum - Nice general purpose light with 3 modes. Easy to switch between modes. Tap, tap, tap to change modes and when you are there click it down to lock. I never thought that I would like this UI until I own this light. Super thick and strong body and very huge side spill.

5) Quark MiNi AA - Very nice little light that is rugged and cheap enough for my pocket. Used it as a backup to my main light in case anything should happen. So far so good, it's still as reliable as day one when I got it.

6) Quark 123^2 Turbo - Not too sure if I should add this in. Not really a fan of the UI which requires two-handed operation but it is a good alternative to the Surefire LX2. Strong bodily construction but plagued by a badly designed tail cap. I have a friend who had 3 lemon tail caps.

Ok, so here are my votes.
    I only added one vote for the Ra Clicky. We can't get into adding duplicates of the same light with different tints of emitter. If we did that, we'd have 3 separate listings for many versions of the Quark due to each being released in cool, neutral, and warm tint versions.

A model must be distinctly different to have its own entry in the list. This is why, for example, the HDS Ra Clicky and HDS Ra Twisty are listed separately.

Quote Originally Posted by sfca View Post
    I havent gone through the whole thread but perhaps the E2DL and E2D votes should be combined.
    Some of the E2D votes could be meant for E2DL, though I suppose there are E2D users who prefer the incandescent version.
    I'm leaving both, as they are distinctly different. One is LED and one is incandescent. As this is the "Flashaholics" must-have list, we should be able to safely assume they know the difference if they are nominating one of these as their must-have.

Quote Originally Posted by gshack View Post
    New guy here, but I would have to vote for the following:

1) Surefire 6P LED - this was my first Surefire light
    2) Solarforce L2P - very nice light for the money

That is the limit of my experience to date.
    Both added. Excellent choice for your first SureFire BTW. And -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bear View Post
    Perfect sense. On that note I'd like to change my original vote for the Ra Clicky to...

1) Ra Clicky Custom 170 lumen narrow beam Executive
    2) Ra Clicky High CRI Executive
    3) Ra Clicky 140 lumen wide beam EDC Executive

...IF that's okay with RichS that is?
    We're not going down this road. See my above response to pjandyho.

Default Re: The Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- 462 Votes so far!

There is a Zebralight H51 on the list. This light hasn't been sold yet. The person who voted most likely meant to vote for the H501.
    EDC: Zebralight H52w; Backup/loaner: Olight i3S
    Zebralight Mods: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=293092
    The only useful tool is the one you have with you when you need it.

Default Re: The Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- 462 Votes so far!

Quote Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
    There is a Zebralight H51 on the list. This light hasn't been sold yet. The person who voted most likely meant to vote for the H501.
    Good catch David - thanks. I've removed the H51 from the list.

Default Re: The Flashaholic's "Must Have" List

Quote Originally Posted by rayman View Post
    2D P7 Maglite
    Zebralight H51
    Nitecore EX10

rayman
    The Zebralight H51 is not yet available. I removed it from the list.

If you meant to put in a nomination for a different model, let me know.

OP updated with all votes.
    I only added one vote for the Ra Clicky. We can't get into adding duplicates of the same light with different tints of emitter. If we did that, we'd have 3 separate listings for many versions of the Quark due to each being released in cool, neutral, and warm tint versions.

A model must be distinctly different to have its own entry in the list. This is why, for example, the HDS Ra Clicky and HDS Ra Twisty are listed separately.
    I hear you RichS. Your example of the Quark makes sense. (Since emitter upgrades/choices/offerings are common, they would indeed make this endeavor unwieldy.) I agree wholeheartedly with RichS limiting any and all factors according to his own strategy and logic. In this thread, he has the final word and I personally would like to see the end result. (If only EVERY CPF'er would vote!)

Default Re: The Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- 461 Votes so far!

Sure RichS. You do make sense too. I take it as that. This thread you started is indeed interesting.

Sure RichS. You do make sense too. I take it as that. This thread you started is indeed interesting.
    Thanks pjandyho. By the way, I forgot to mention that I did not add the below light to the list as a must-have for you. Your description of it definitely did not sound like you were endorsing it as "must-have" light.

Thanks pjandyho. By the way, I forgot to mention that I did not add the below light to the list as a must-have for you. Your description of it definitely did not sound like you were endorsing it as "must-have" light.
    Yes you are right. I don't really consider Quark turbo as a must have. I am sorry I did not make it clear to you.

This is how it is:

1. Surefire C2
    2. Malkoff MD3 V2
    3. Novatac 120P
    4. Surefire E2DL 200/5
    5. Quark Mini 123 Titanium

Bulletproof Utility ...
    ....."Happy Landings".....

Default Re: The Flashaholic's "Must Have" List

Add a vote to the Mag ROP and Mag 623, both are must haves on either end of what incans have to offer.

My shameful admission is that I actually love my ultrafire C3's - the single mode is a real burner with a 14500. I know that sounds cheap but there it is. I also have fenix's and 6p's but my C3 gets more use, is bright and cheap.
    Aside from that I'd say my E01 or LD01, but just to be different I'm going with the C3.
    I'll probably change my mind to the quarkAA tactical when it finally arrives...

Any idiot can manage a crisis. It's day to day living that wears you down.

OP updated with all nominations.

Quote Originally Posted by weklund View Post
    This is how it is:

1. Surefire C2
    2. Malkoff MD3 V2
    3. Novatac 120P
    4. Surefire E2DL 200/5
    5. Quark Mini 123 Titanium

Bulletproof Utility ...
    Agreed - that's a list of some pretty robust lights..

Quote Originally Posted by scott2907 View Post
    My shameful admission is that I actually love my ultrafire C3's - the single mode is a real burner with a 14500. I know that sounds cheap but there it is. I also have fenix's and 6p's but my C3 gets more use, is bright and cheap.
    Aside from that I'd say my E01 or LD01, but just to be different I'm going with the C3.
    I'll probably change my mind to the quarkAA tactical when it finally arrives...
    No need to be ashamed of anything you consider a must-have light. If it is a must-have to you, it must be getting the job done!

Flashaholic

Default Re: The Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- 466 Votes so far!

Surefire E1B

Surefire C2

Surefire M6
    Several Surefires : E1B, 6P (`95 Laser Products), C2, G2, G2L, Z2, M3, M6

MAGCharger and some other MAGLites

Default Re: The Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- 469 Votes so far!

OP updated.

Also updated Ra Clickly entry to indicate the new name after speaking with Henry from HDS Systems.

The 'Ra Clicky' is now 'Ra Clicky (HDS Systems EDC)'.
    The 'Ra Twisty' is now 'Ra Twisty (HDS Systems EDC Twisty)'.

Super Moderator

The name-change may cause some confusion, but the move back to the original "HDS" name is a good idea, IMO.
    Resistance is futile...

Surefire 6p
    Nitecore D10

EagleTac P20C2 MKII
    EagleTac M2XC4
    Olight SR90
    Eagletac P20C2 MKII, T20C2 MKII, T20C2 MKII & T100C2 MK II - Inova XO3 - Solarforce L2P & L2M - Jetbeam BC40 - Lumapower Trust 2 - C30 Flood-to-Throw AAA

Unenlightened

fenix tk20 ( I have 2) just solid
    Quark mini- goes anywhere
    Dereelight DBS ( don't have but will soon.)

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast