Battery Junction - Olight
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 222526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: The Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- Cast your vote! PART 2

Flashaholic*

Default Re: The Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- Cast your vote! PART 2

HDS clicky. Never leave home without it, and trust it in any type of weather I will encounter.

Flashaholic*

Shrug Re: The Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- Cast your vote! PART 2

Delayed double post. It took about three hours for first post to show up, hence this nonsense.
    Last edited by LGT; 12-11-2011 at 06:22 PM.

Default Re: The Flashaholic's "Must Have" List

I'll put in a vote for the Sunwayman V10R (the XM-L version specifically).

Quote Originally Posted by IDnightowl View Post
    1 more for the Quark Mini

Dustin
    Quark mini 123 or AA?

Everything else counted through here!

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Oh, and NEWSFLASH!

The Surefire LX2 JUST knocked the Liteflux LF2XT out of the top ten!

This is particularly exciting to me as while a nice light, I got rid of my LF2XT months ago. The LX2 however will have to be pried from my cold dead fingers.
    Last edited by Captain Spaulding; 12-16-2011 at 11:45 AM.
    The Captains lights
    + PLEASE PM ME IF YOU SEE BROKEN PICS. IM TRYING TO FIX THEM. +

I've got to put in a few of extra votes if that's allowed:

Quark Mini AA
    Jetbeam BA20/Klarus P2a (same incredible circuit)
    Solarforce L2p
    Solarforce L2t
    Solarforce L2x

The solarforce hosts are awesome quality, and really seem to define how a torch should look.

Suspect I'm a little to naive to really be making nominations, but to me an iconic flashlight to own has always been the MagLite range, so my current nomination would go to the 6D cell variant, it's big, heavy and certainly not the greatest, but it's hugely iconic and for me that makes it a Must Have!

My 2nd nomination would be to the current 2D LED MagLite, for much the same reason, it still retains that iconic look and feel seen in a thousand films and TV shows, but with more modern ability.

Enlightened

Well as an old timer, how about:
    ARC LSH-P
    ARC 4+
    HDS EDC Ultimate 60GT
    Gatlight V3
    These in their day were the best and arguably the most advanced lights at the beginning of the LED revolution.
    ARC started my interest in torches and by the time Lumencraft went quiet, I had moved on.
    It's too easy now, and I miss those interesting times.
    Cheers, Gino
    ARC Lsh-p, ARC aaa, ARC 4+ Rev1, ARC 4+ Rev2, HDS EDC ultimate 60GT, Electrolumens FT3C, Pila GL2, Gatlight V3 Ti, Orb Wee NS, Nitecore D10, Olight T20T, Preon 1 Ti, Olight 115

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drumstick View Post
    ....it's big, heavy and certainly not the greatest...
    All great reasons for "must have" nomination!

Ah, Im just joking and being a jerk. I know lots of people on here agree with you.

Oh and

Everyone else; I will get your votes counted shortly!
    The Captains lights

Unenlightened

fenix tk-35 as bright and as dim as you need it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kreisler View Post
    1./ Romisen RC-29
    2./ Xeno E03
    3./ Quark AA & AA²
    4./ EagleTac T20
    Have changed my mind. Here my revised must-have list:

1./ Romisen RC-29
    2./ Quark AA (with 14500)
    3./ iTP A3 EOS (Titanium, SS, or whatever color wtf cares) -- not the Olight i3!!

Iconically the Mag 6d cell because it was my first real power flashlight 15 years ago.

More practically,
    4sevens quark 123 miniX
    4sevens turbo X
    Fenix ed01
    Hds ra rotary

For serious power
    4seven maelstrom s18
    Olight m51

Alright, busy over the holidays but finally got around to getting this thread updated.

All votes counted as of here!

Quote Originally Posted by Thermionic View Post
    Well as an old timer, how about:
    ARC LSH-P
    ARC 4+
    HDS EDC Ultimate 60GT
    Gatlight V3
    These in their day were the best and arguably the most advanced lights at the beginning of the LED revolution.
    ARC started my interest in torches and by the time Lumencraft went quiet, I had moved on.
    It's too easy now, and I miss those interesting times.
    *with the exception of these ARC votes... To be honest, Ive never owned one and these were before my days. I need to do a touch of research and figure out the best way to count these ARC models. Ill do that soon!

Thanks to all that have voted!
    The Captains lights

Thanks for the update.

I've got 6 of the Top 10
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

My don't-leave-home-without-light is the JetBeam JET-1 Pro which I've EDC'ed, in my right front jeans pocket, everyday naturally, since I purchased it March 2010, that's almost 2 years folks. I've got an UltraFire Lithium battery in it for extra bizazz, and carry a spare battery always. It's one of the early ones that tailstands on it's back rubber switch cap, so it's trickily precarious. The new ones don't have that problem. The HA-III anodizing is just amazing, It barely shows any signs of wear after all this time. I sent one to my son about 6 months later. He was pretty much a CR2 Surefire Snob, but was immediately won over to the AA and the Jetbeam, it's pretty hard to beat. I use mine every day. Ok, Ok, today I used it to replace the power supply in my PC.

Moderator: Please repost this all over-the-place, in all of those "what are you doing right now threads", I need more posts so I can buy a Malkoff that's back in stock. Thanks! ;-$)

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    Thanks for the update.

I've got 6 of the Top 10
    Youre welcome!

I have 6 of the top 10 as well now that the LX2 beat out that over-rated LF2XT

Quote Originally Posted by I-BEAM View Post
    My don't-leave-home-without-light is the JetBeam JET-1 Pro which I've EDC'ed, in my right front jeans pocket, everyday naturally, since I purchased it March 2010, that's almost 2 years folks. I've got an UltraFire Lithium battery in it for extra bizazz, and carry a spare battery always. It's one of the early ones that tailstands on it's back rubber switch cap, so it's trickily precarious. The new ones don't have that problem. The HA-III anodizing is just amazing, It barely shows any signs of wear after all this time. I sent one to my son about 6 months later. He was pretty much a CR2 Surefire Snob, but was immediately won over to the AA and the Jetbeam, it's pretty hard to beat...
    I guess Im also a "surefire snob", but for a AA form factor light, I agree with you and do love to EDC my Jet 1 Pro (but the V3 in warm). With a OP reflector its got a smooth beam, decent reach, great tint, and a solid IBS interface. And I run 14500's too for the "extra bizazz'! I dont carry it nearly every day, but I do take it with me nearly every time I anticipate needing a handsfree light as the clip makes it great to clip to the brim of a cap.
    The Captains lights

For me:

4Sevens Quark AA
    Zebralight H51w
    4Sevens Preon Revo

I'm a big fan of single cells for EDC size, common batts, Eneloops, low lumen modes and looonnnngggg runtimes.
    Last edited by reppans; 01-13-2012 at 07:44 AM.

1. 4sevens Quark MiniX 123
    2. Surefire G2X Pro
    3. Sunwayman V10R

Flashaholic*

My votes and irrefutable reasons
    ------

1) Must have EDC.

Thrunite Ti w/firefly mode.

60 lumens, and 0.04 lumens for nighttime aventures that won't wake you up fully or someone else,
    and the knurling is --super grippy-- and so easy to twist on/off with one hand

2) Must have all rounder.

Zebralight H600W headlamp

Many output levels, BRIGHT, or extra extra dim moon mode, 10 different ways to wear or carry this light.

3) Must have self-defense, kubotan, home, weapon use, hog hunting

Klarus XT-11

Cost effective, extremely well built, BRIGHT, very low low mode, dual switch and instant access to disorienting strobe,
    multi-battery dual-spring, and costs less and has better switch (IMHO) than others in same category.

4) Must have military or rescue

ANY of the usual SureFire suspects.

These have so many mods, tweaks, clips, options, aftermarket parts...that if you really
    need to use a light as though lives depend on it, on a daily basis...a SureFire leaves the door
    open to everything you might expect to do with it and mod it for about any application in
    air, land, or sea.
    Last edited by 127.0.0.1; 01-18-2012 at 10:05 AM.

I think that a maker like Malkoff will be under represented in this sort of survey due to the number of dropins and options available.
    I'd love to list HDS Rotary but I'm still waiting on it.

And I would sell these, or give them away, and immediately replace them with a new one.

Must have:
    Zebralight H51Fc
    Malkoff M31WL
    Photon II
    The brighter the light, the darker the shadow.

Flashaholic*

My vote:
    Surefires
    9Z
    C2
    A2

Going with my fenix tk 11

I have expressed my love for the Fenix P2D/PD20 and have been counted.

I would like to add the Quark. In this case a 123 R5 with no clip. It gets both WAY lower and noticeably Higher than the P2D Q5.
    However there is more bumps after click to get to useful light.

So my Daylight carry is still P2D. Quark is GREAT after dark!
    http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2640/usflaghalfmastmdwht.gif

PBJS

My vote for Must-Have's:
    1) 4Sevens Quark AA
    2) iTP A3

Flashaholic

ARC AAA

Shown with set props from the upcoming movie "John Carter"

http://disney.go.com/johncarter/?cmp...tl#/characters
    Last edited by Ninja; 02-22-2012 at 03:08 AM. Reason: onset toarch background info

I love this forum because of threads like these. Being an old schooler and having been around when the peak led technology was a bunch of nichia type LEDs crammed into the head of a flashlight. threads like these really take me back. surprisingly I haven't edcd a sure fire in years. I guess that's how far the industry has progressed. Well, my two cents would be the lights I never really stopped edcing. I'm still surprised these still hold up well against current technology. The first is the jetbeam jet 2 IBS. Jetbeam hasnt really made a light this great in a while. This light really is a best all rounder it has three user defined levels with selectable brightness or strobe frequency and has an adjustable/focusable beam as well as a removable head with the led mounted on a flat non-recessed surface. Till this day there is no better area light than a jet 2 with the head removed. The only drawbacks are it didn't come with a lockout tail cap. I pirated one from the following iteration of the jet 2. Secondly it still comes from the generation where LEDs were driven hard enough to seriously get hot. So running it on its max setting for extended periods are only recommended on snowy nights. My second nomination is the novatac which is still on my keychain. The output is still decent although doesnt hold up as well as the jetbeam. But I still think there is no better UI than novatacs. I still love the ingenuity of the UIs ability to access all modes on an electronic switch. Plus it was one of the first lights to pioneer sub one lumen moonlight mode. I do have to give nitecore huge accolades for heartily beating the novatacs moonlight output with its IFE series. The third light that's been with me for quite a while is the zebralight. Although I don't carry the original anymore i have never stopped EDCing some iteration of zebralight. I still have a ton of the original zebralights and love the progress they've made in their UI which is also one of the all time greats. I've always carried a zebralight because there just isn't any angle light that can compete with it. It's a must have due to its hands free clipability. Another light I use daily is my mag light 6d with terralux tle drop in. It's extremely bright and a great self defense tool. Although the thickness of the body seems to be deteriorating through each successive generation. Two good whacks to a pole around the middle of the body will tear it in half. Really hoping some manufacturer would make a better one but i know there really isn't a big market for really long flashlights. By the way anyone know if you could use 3 extra fenix connectors on their tk70 for a 6d size light and the actual 2200 lumen output on alkalines? Lastly I always carry a quark AA, my hands down choice for a AA light and a maelstrom. The x7 is just a fantastic light plus I love 4sevens because the forum actually had a hand in changing the x7s UI.
    Last edited by importculture; 01-25-2012 at 01:46 AM.
    If it weren't for CPF no girlfriend would believe there are other people into flashlights as much if not more than me.

Unenlightened

SureFire-6P for a lot of us, at least back when this was it, it is probably what lit the 'fire'

ARC LS-in its many variations, though the progress thru the models updating was exciting (and expensive). I think both of these were responsible for my addiction.

HDS 170T

Would like to add a vote for Surefire C2.
    IAN2381
    Surefire C2, Surefire Z2/Zebralight H51/DQG AA SS NW/T10/RC-G2/TANK 501 SS/Ultrafire A30B NW XML/Solarforce L2T/Akoray K-106/Fenix E01.....

Flashaholic

For me it's:

McGizmo Haiku
    Muyshondt Aeon
    McGizmo Sapphire

First post updated with complete data through now!

Thanks for playing kids.
    The Captains lights

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 222526272829303132333435 LastLast