Foxfury Rook
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 69101112131415161718192021222326 ... LastLast

Thread: The Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- Cast your vote! PART 2

Banned

Default Re: The Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- Cast your vote!

Here's a vote for my Quark 123 R5. It's a constant companion to either my Ra clicky 170T, or twisty 140.

I'll vote for the #10
    Life is good

Along with my previous vote for the Quark Mini AA, I am voting for the Dereelight C2H. If I lost it I would certainly buy another, and I will definitely not be selling it. It's a must have for me. Thanks RichS!

OP updated with all votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsure Fire View Post
    I'll vote for the #10
    To be clear, are you saying this light is a "must-have" for you?
    • iTP A3 EOS

Buttrock Re: The Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- Cast your vote!

Quote Originally Posted by TedTheLed View Post
    gotcha.

but, just consider; case in point, someone shopping for a, say 'Maxabeam' type '46 quadrillion lumens' light. Using this list they come up with one name; Maxabeam. Is it not a diservice to this person to not advise them of other brand lights that put out very similar beams at half or a third of the cost of a Maxabeam? Just so that they are aware?
    Yes, but it's NOT a Maxabeam...heheh
    And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."
    Isaiah 6:1-8

I've been carefully considering which of my lights I feel meet the criteria since this thread was first started. Man its tough. I keep thinking of it in terms of: "If I lost it, would have to hunt down another one?"

I can't choose a Quark only because I can't settle on a model (I alternate almost daily between 123x2 and AA).

One light that I must cast my vote for is the Nitecore D10. If you have a ramping one that acts properly, its a thing of beauty. I'll have my D10 until it dies and then I'll probably fix it.

Another must have for me is the Mag ROP. Its just such a great representation of what CPF is about. When all the other incans have gone the way of the dodo, I'll still be shining a ROP with a big grin on my face. Low or high, its simple and what I always wanted a Mag to be.

I think this thread is going to sell a lot of HDS Clickys. I know its responsible for the one headed my way.

Quote Originally Posted by mitro View Post
    I've been carefully considering which of my lights I feel meet the criteria since this thread was first started. Man its tough. I keep thinking of it in terms of: "If I lost it, would have to hunt down another one?"

I can't choose a Quark only because I can't settle on a model (I alternate almost daily between 123x2 and AA).

One light that I must cast my vote for is the Nitecore D10. If you have a ramping one that acts properly, its a thing of beauty. I'll have my D10 until it dies and then I'll probably fix it.

Another must have for me is the Mag ROP. Its just such a great representation of what CPF is about. When all the other incans have gone the way of the dodo, I'll still be shining a ROP with a big grin on my face. Low or high, its simple and what I always wanted a Mag to be.

I think this thread is going to sell a lot of HDS Clickys. I know its responsible for the one headed my way.
    Votes added. The ROP is just a couple of votes away from must-have status! Not surprising with the amazing output this mod puts out. Although no manufacturer will get credit for this one. I'll think I'll include "CPF" as the manufacturer for this amazing mod!

Like many others, the ROP was my first Mag mod. Once I got a taste of the incan modding fun, I had to jump to the Mag85. The Mag85 is still my favorite incan Mag mod years later. Practical, insane output, insane throw.

Hi RichS. After voting for the C2H a couple days ago I got interesting in how Deree was fairing against the other manufacturers. It looks like they have 9 total votes now, along with Arc, EagleTac, JetBeam and PhotonLight.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RichS View Post
    The ROP is just a couple of votes away from must-have status! Not surprising with the amazing output this mod puts out. Although no manufacturer will get credit for this one. I'll think I'll include "CPF" as the manufacturer for this amazing mod!
    KevinL pioneered the ROP - he should get the credit for it.
    Resistance is futile...

Zebralight SC50, with or without 'W' -> the side clicky is great for point / shoot, and the UI can be sliced any way you want. This is great ergonomics for such a small short handy light.

i wouldn't give up my fenix tk40, rop, surfire e2dl, or my coast x-21.
    it's just different on my planet..

Default Re: The Flashaholic's "Must Have" List

I have already voted a few light's but if I may can I add a light, the Zebralight SC60.

I'm not sure if there is a maximum number of light's we can vote for and I would gladly remove another light from my voting to get this one added. I love it and consider it a definite must have, i would consider it in my top 3 favorite light's.
    My flashlight collection HERE

Christo Pull Hair Re: The Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- Cast your vote!

Cool Fall SPY 007
    Mac SST-50 EDC
    McGizmo Haiku XPG

I'm very surprised at the lack of votes for the Mac SST-50 EDC? The value you get in the SST-50 is off the chart! You get a choice of three types of metals to meet your needs. You get lots of light for the dollar and fit and finish that's hard to beat! I love my 007 but the SST-50 is by far the most under rated light in this thread!

All votes added.

Quote Originally Posted by DM51 View Post
    KevinL pioneered the ROP - he should get the credit for it.
    Good point DM51. I gave him credit, as well as Maglite for creating the very suitable host.

Quote Originally Posted by jhc37013 View Post
    I have already voted a few light's but if I may can I add a light, the Zebralight SC60.

I'm not sure if there is a maximum number of light's we can vote for and I would gladly remove another light from my voting to get this one added. I love it and consider it a definite must have, i would consider it in my top 3 favorite light's.
    Vote added jhc. I purposely left this open ended for votes, so there is no maximum. However, I only ask that votes be limited to true "must-haves", so that in the end this is a comprehensive accounting of lights truely coveted by the CPF community.

Quote Originally Posted by shado View Post

I'm very surprised at the lack of votes for the Mac SST-50 EDC? The value you get in the SST-50 is off the chart! You get a choice of three types of metals to meet your needs. You get lots of light for the dollar and fit and finish that's hard to beat! I love my 007 but the SST-50 is by far the most under rated light in this thread!
    You have to remember that many of the other lights are in unlimited supply, and can be had by anyone at anytime so long as they have the funds available. Many of the custom lights are available in "waves", so they are not as accessable. Also, custom lights are more expensive, so not as feasible for the masses to purchase. Although there are no restrictions regarding the price of a light for inclusion in this list - as this is very relative to the individual - it obviously restricts the number of people that can afford a given light. Therefore the number of people that have experience with the light - potential voters for it - will be less.

Personally, I've been close to pulling the trigger on the Mac SST-50 EDC a couple of times. One of the things that have held me back is the practicality. It would be cool to have such a powerhouse in such a pocket-able light. But since I would want the 2.8A version, I'd have to run a very low capacity IMR 16430 battery. This extremely short runtime combined with the obvious heat managment concerns has caused me to hold off. It seems to me that a well-driven XP-G is probably the brightest practical option for this size of light - especially in Ti (which would be my preference). However, I know most don't care about it being "practical", as it is a true work of art, as well as a fun "WOW" light at the same time. That is pretty obvious the way each run sells out instantaniously.

My newest light is the Nitecore D10 camouflage and I now understand the reason why so many members fall in love in this light.

It's a real beauty with a pocket clip and the output is really amazing.
    IAN2381
    Surefire C2, Surefire Z2/Zebralight H51/DQG AA SS NW/T10/RC-G2/TANK 501 SS/Ultrafire A30B NW XML/Solarforce L2T/Akoray K-106/Fenix E01.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ian2381 View Post
    My newest light is the Nitecore D10 camouflage and I now understand the reason why so many members fall in love in this light.

It's a real beauty with a pocket clip and the output is really amazing.
    No question, It is a highly valued light. I wasn't sure if you were just posting your initial feedback on the light, or if that was a another vote for it as a "must-have". If it was, let me know and if so I'll add another vote for it.

Flashaholic*

I vote for the D10 as well as a must have, also the EX10 - I just preordered the D11.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn7 View Post
    I vote for the D10 as well as a must have, also the EX10 - I just preordered the D11.
    Thanks.
    Votes added. And with that, the D10 takes the #4 spot away from the M6!

Banned

RA Twisty

Must cast a vote for the D10. I had o-ring issues which made mine stiffer to operate than I liked. I just took care of the o-ring issue and now I totally love the light... it has moved to a MUST HAVE light for me.
    "Be kind... everyone you encounter in life is fighting battles you have no awareness of."

All votes Added.

Quote Originally Posted by m3flies View Post
    RA Twisty
    I've had my Twisty now for about a month. I won't be getting rid of it - period. I've got the levels dialed in to be the most useful for me, with the most used output level accessible with a slight twist.

Everyone needs a light that won't let you down when being without light is not an option. I feel like this light fits that bill better than any other. Bomb-proof comes to mind. The programmability, perfectly simple UI, high-CRI (on mine), great ergonomics, useful beam pattern, and excellent efficiency are all just icing on the cake for this light... IMO, this one will be a light in my arsenal for good due to the level of trust that can be placed in it regardless of the circumstances.

For that - it also gets my vote as a must-have.

I've had my Twisty now for about a month. I won't be getting rid of it - period. I've got the levels dialed in to be the most useful for me, with the most used output level accessible with a slight twist.
    RichS,

I already have a 140 Twisty and the High CRI Custom Twisty has just cleared Customs following my online payment (unless the package is my Zebralight bundle ordered on 30 June 2010!). I am considering ordering another 140 Twisty with the 19670 tube and another with the CR123 tube that I suspect will shortly not be available at all. I guess you could say I agree with you that the Ra Twisty is a must have as well!

Quark AA^2 (tactical)
    Maratac AAA (I'm not sure if this is counted separately from the iTP A3 EOS)

My spending money is pretty limited, but I am getting a zebralight sc60 with money after christmas. Maybe they will even have the sense to put a neutral xpg in there by that time, let's hope. Or if something else output, mode, and size comparable (4" with an 18650) comes along I may consider that instead. For now, the SC60 is my must have.

Stanley HID0109

Buttrock Re: The Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- Cast your vote!

Fenix Ta-21 is a must have!
    Owned mine for 14 months now and it is the toughest light I have with the most output modes. Can be used for weeks on low mode (4 lumens), 1.5 hrs on high mode (220), and Everything in between! Throws approx. 200 meters with good spill too. Has survived 50 mph drop of ATV onto dirt road, 20mph drop off bicycle onto asphalt, and twice sank to the bottom of 2 ponds (approx 15') deep for about a half hour each time while I was trying to find it and its still kickin!. Only thing id change is the audible clicks on the clicky switch and revolving switch system.

I've gotten another D10 since my last post in this thread, and it is still one of my favorite lights that I would have to replace in a heartbeat. However, the new top spot, since I can afford it, and I must tip my hat in acknowledgment to those before me, has been taken by an HDS Clicky..... It is an amazing light and will be the ultimate cause of my flogging several others, just to buy more HDS lights. So please add my vote for the "HDS/RA Clicky". It may not be the "perfect light" but dag nab it, what a resemblance!

Regards

Christian

All votes added.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry999 View Post
    RichS,

I already have a 140 Twisty and the High CRI Custom Twisty has just cleared Customs following my online payment (unless the package is my Zebralight bundle ordered on 30 June 2010!). I am considering ordering another 140 Twisty with the 19670 tube and another with the CR123 tube that I suspect will shortly not be available at all. I guess you could say I agree with you that the Ra Twisty is a must have as well!
    The Twisty is creeping dangerously close to the must-have list....unfortunately, I'm not sure how much longer it will meet the criteria of being readily available...that would be a true shame. I might just have to get another one before that day comes.

Quote Originally Posted by wyager View Post
    Maratac AAA (I'm not sure if this is counted separately from the iTP A3 EOS)
    Yes - I am listing them separately. I thought they were different lights from different manufactures. Are they not? I see that the design is very similar, but I thought that they were different lights.

Quote Originally Posted by LotusDarkrose View Post
    My spending money is pretty limited, but I am getting a zebralight sc60 with money after christmas. Maybe they will even have the sense to put a neutral xpg in there by that time, let's hope. Or if something else output, mode, and size comparable (4" with an 18650) comes along I may consider that instead. For now, the SC60 is my must have.
    That looks to be a good choice. Once you get it, check back in here and let me know if you still consider it to be a "must-have" light for you based on your experience. We want to limit this list to lights you own so that you can give an endorsement based on personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladedude View Post
    Fenix Ta-21 is a must have!
    Owned mine for 14 months now and it is the toughest light I have with the most output modes. Can be used for weeks on low mode (4 lumens), 1.5 hrs on high mode (220), and Everything in between! Throws approx. 200 meters with good spill too. Has survived 50 mph drop of ATV onto dirt road, 20mph drop off bicycle onto asphalt, and twice sank to the bottom of 2 ponds (approx 15') deep for about a half hour each time while I was trying to find it and its still kickin!. Only thing id change is the audible clicks on the clicky switch and revolving switch system.
    That is one abused light! You conducted the perfect torture test without even trying!!

Pics please.....

Yes - I am listing them separately. I thought they were different lights from different manufactures. Are they not? I see that the design is very similar, but I thought that they were different lights.
    It seems the electronics are similar-all that's different is the body. I voted for the maratac over the Itp because it's better knurled, and more attractive IMO.

Yeah, sorry, I'm stupid when I stay up late and post :P

Anyways, my must have is my Quark AA Mini WW. I use it EVERY morning when I wake up because it doesnt hurt my eyes one bit on low right after I open my eyes, and it's just the right amount of light to get out the door and not wake the woman at the same time

QMini AA WW + key chain trit vial = perfect bedside light for me.

Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 69101112131415161718192021222326 ... LastLast