• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Odd Mods Adapters, 3AA-21AA, M6 rechargeable solutions, Dummy cells, Customs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdocod

Flashaholic

CLOSED FOR NOW...

Odd Mods Battery Adapters

The battery adapters listed below are a marriage of semi-common fasteners with semi-complicated milled and drilled plastic parts and hand-cut copper pieces. The plastics used are primarily acetal and nylon, except where clear plastic is noted or pictured (acrylic). Milling, drilling, cutting, punching, threading, grinding and assembly operations are performed by myself with an assortment of tools in the garage.

CUSTOM ADAPTERS
customs.jpg

Pricing starts at $69-$99 for the first unit of most designs. Contact me via email (bottom of post) or PM with your adapter needs for a quote. Ordering multiples has significant price/unit benefits.

Non-Custom Products (stocked):

-------

3x17670 for SureFire M6

3x17670black.jpg

• Series wired for ~11.1V operating voltage with 3x3.7V cells.
  • All brass contacts for cells and flashlight springs.
  • Alignment rods keep adapter in proper alignment whether cells are installed or not.
  • Easy side-load design, no dis-assembly required for loading; new larger custom thumb nut for quick retaining and loosening of cells.
  • Polarity indicators for each cell slot.

$30.00 Each

Add $3.00 for shipment to USA/Canada for any quantity up to 4 adapters.

Add $6.00 for international shipping of up to 2 adapters, $1.25 for each additional adapter.

Ordering 5 or more? Contact me for large order discounts and availability confirmation.

Instructions and Information (please read!)

Great results with LumensFactory HO-M6R and IMR-M6 bulbs. Use an FM bi-pin socket for use with the popular 1185 and 1331 bulbs (careful about insta-flash!) Various LED tower modules and custom assemblies may also be compatible.

Loading and unloading is easy; adjust the thumb nut on the side with the deeper recess and slide the end caps into position to accept cell length, insert a 17670 cell in each slot orienting the positive end of each cell towards the red recessed indicator "dot," and negative towards the black. Clasping with hand, insure that each cell is seated fully then tighten thumb nut to secure cells in place. If you want an extra strong grip on the cell, a *slight* twist with a pair of pliers on the thumb nut is fine but not necessary.

Insert the adapter into the M6 body with the adjusting-thumb nut facing the tail-cap. Technically speaking, either direction will work, but this will orient for normal polarity and would be important if used with an LED tower or head.

-------

2x18650 For SureFire M6

2x18650black.jpg

• Series wired for ~7.4V operating voltage with 2x3.7V cells.
  • All brass contacts for cells and flashlight springs.
  • Double support rod design keeps end-caps in alignment at all times.
  • Easy side-load design, no dis-assembly required for loading; use 2 easy to adjust thumb nuts for cell retention and removal.
  • Polarity indicators for each cell slot.

$30.00 Each

Add $6.00 for international shipping of up to 2 adapters, $1.00 for each additional adapter.

Ordering 5 or more? Contact me for large order discounts and availability confirmation.

Information: (please read!)

For use in SureFire M6 model flashlights. Many bulb options are possible with this adapter depending on which cells are used. Examples include: MN15, MN16, MN20, MN21 (with proper cells), HO-M3T, EO-M3T, FM bi-pin adapter with WA1111, 64250, GE787, 64275 (with IMR cells and custom shimming/cutting/grinding), and more! Note: SF HOLA lamps and most bi-pin bulb options are more susceptible to premature failure when driven by 2x18650 cells. Stick to the SF LOLA or LF bulbs to maximize reliability.

--------------------------------

3AA-18AA adapters for mag bodies.
3aa-18aa.jpg

• Excellent cell retention provided by a combination of flat brass contacts and cell retaining pocket design
  • More refined look and feel and function than previous designs
  • Easy side loading design means cells can be removed for charging without hassle
  • Pack charging is also easy with included alligator jacks/wires (except 3AA)
  • Thicker Delrin end caps and intermediate spacer for better overall rigidity and deeper cell pockets
  • Delrin support rods keep all components in alignment and protect the unit from damage when cells are not loaded
  • Easier tightening/loosening with thumb nut
  • Compatible with any type of AA or 14500 size cell. 14.5mm pocket diameter means even the slightly larger than normal AA size cells will fit. Button top or Flat top works fine since both ends of every cell installed are in contact with their own raised brass contact.

Pricing for Series Wired 3AA, 6AA, 9AA, 12AA, 15AA, and 18AA adapters is listed below. (15AA size is rare and therefor is build-to-order)

"Parallel" Wired (end to end cells in series, side by side in parallel) adapters are available upon request and lead time is generally ~1 week. Pricing is the same as the series wired units listed below.

-------

3AA > 1D ~3.6V, for flat top or button top cells

$28.00 each

Add $5.00 for international shipping of 1 adapter, $0.75 for each additional adapter.

Ordering 5 or more? Contact me for large order discounts.

*Designed for use in cut-down and re-threaded "1D" length MagLite's. Actual adapter length with cells installed may vary. Compatibility with other flashlights not guaranteed. Not Stackable!
I recommend checking out CPF member wquiles here in the customs BST for cut-down mags for these...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

6AA > 2D ~7.2V, for flat top or button top cells

$35.00 each

Add $4.00 for shipment to USA/Canada for any quantity up to 4 adapters.

Add $8.00 for international shipping of up to 2 adapters, $2.00 for each additional adapter.

*Designed for use in 2D size MagLite's for custom modifications. Has been tested to work in MagLite Body's with the stock spring installed. Not Stackable! Adapter shown/sold here can be used with both button top and flat top cells.

9AA > 3D ~10.8V, for flat top or button top cells

$42.00 each

Add $5.00 for shipment to USA/Canada for any quantity up to 4 adapters.

Add $9.00 for international shipping of up to 2 adapters, Add $2.50 for each additional adapter.

*Designed for use in 3D size MagLite's for custom modifications. Has been tested to work in MagLite Body's with the stock spring installed. Not Stackable! Adapter shown/sold here can be used with both button top and flat top cells.

12AA > 4D ~14.4V, for flat top or button top cells

$49.00 each

Add $6.00 for shipment to USA/Canada for any quantity up to 4 adapters.

Add $10.00 for international shipping of up to 2 adapters, Add $3.00 for each additional adapter.

*Designed for use in 4D size MagLite's for custom modifications. Has been tested to work in MagLite Body's with the stock spring installed. Not Stackable! Adapter shown/sold here can be used with both button top and flat top cells.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

15AA > 5D ~18.0V, for flat top or button top cells

$56.00 each

Add $12.00 for international shipping of up to 2 adapters, Add $3.50 for each additional adapter.

*Designed for use in 5D size MagLite's for custom modifications. Has been tested to work in MagLite Body's with the stock spring installed. Not Stackable! Adapter shown/sold here can be used with both button top and flat top cells.

18AA > 6D ~21.6V, for flat top or button top cells

$63.00 each

Add $12.00 for international shipping of up to 2 adapters, Add $4.00 for each additional adapter.

Ordering 5 or more? That would be silly...

*Designed for use in 6D size MagLite's for custom modifications. Has been tested to work in MagLite Body's with the stock spring installed. Not Stackable! Adapter shown/sold here can be used with both button top and flat top cells.

21AA > 6D ~25.2V, for button top cells

21AA.jpg

$70.00 each

Add $12.00 for international shipping of up to 2 adapters, Add $4.00 for each additional adapter.

Ordering 5 or more? That would be silly...

*Designed for use in 6D size MagLite's for custom modifications. Has been tested to work in MagLite Body's with the stock spring installed. Not Stackable! Adapter shown/sold here can be used with both button top cells. Some flat top cells may work, others might not.

"Dummy" Cells:

AAdummy.jpg

• Solid Delrin construction
  • Heavy brass electrical contacts
  • Low electrical resistance
AA: $4.50 each, or 5 for $20.

All other sizes are build-to-order. Pricing for build-to-order dummy cells/spacers can be figured as follows:

Dummy spacers up to 17mm diameter and up to 17mm length: $4.50 each. +$0.35/international

Dummy cells up to 17mm diameter and up to 50mm length: $5.50 each.
+$0.75/international

Dummy spacers 18-26mm diameter, up to 20mm length: $6.00 each.
+$0.75/international

Dummy cells 18-26mm diameter, up to 70mm length: $7.50 each.
+$1.00/international

Dummy spacers 27-32mm diameter, up to 25mm length: $7.00 each
+$1.00/international

Dummy cells 27-32mm diameter, up to 70mm length: $9.00 each
+1.50/international

$15 minimum order size please.

Dummy cells ship free domestically when purchased with an adapter; Otherwise...

Add $5.00 for shipment to USA/Canada for any quantity.

Add $6.00 for international shipping
, + the number of cells multiplied by the purple "+/international" price to the right of the cell size. If purchased with an adapter, omit the $6 and simply add the "+/international" price per dummy cell ordered.

Quantity discounts available. Contact me for quote if ordering 5 or more dummy cells/spacers.

That pesky fine print stuff... "lawyer talk" [PLEASE READ BEFORE ORDERING]

I'm not a lawyer, so I'll use english instead :)
I sell these adapters with the assumption that the receiving party has an understanding of electronic circuits and the dangers they could potentially present. But for obvious liability reasons, these adapters do not come with any batteries. Beginners in the realm of modifying flashlights should feel free to ask questions in this thread, or in one of the many appropriate places on this forum to build up a proper understanding of the modifications intended before attempting to modify a flashlight with an after-market adapter. Use of these adapters may void warranties of some flashlights. Please take responsibility and understand the risks.

Payment Instructions:​

Send Payment via Paypal to [email protected]
Only send payment for adapters listed with availability above. (with enough quantity remaining)

Please make note that you have sent payment and what for in this thread. Please allow up to 1-2 weeks for shipment as inventory fluctuates. I will generally make note of when your order has shipped here in the sales thread. If you have any questions about your order feel free to contact me via email.

Please include CPF username and order details in paypal notes.

Thank You for Looking!

I look forward to your order,
Cheers!
Eric

-----------

Previous Thread references:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...plete-Listing-New-designs-and-Clearance-Sales!
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/223785
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/195976
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2346677#post2346677
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/204701

Last edited:

Eddie-M

Newly Enlightened
Hey Odd Mod

Could you give me a total cost including shipping for:

Two 6AA > 2D adapters (Button Top Cells)
One 21AA > 6D adapter (Button Top Cells) (So Glad you finally made these available again!!!)
Three AA dummy cells
With Shipping to Rockford IL?

Thanks, Eddie

Last edited:

LightJunk

Enlightened
Hi Eric,

Your mailbox is full. Can't reply you.

Anyway :paypal:

I'll PM you my CONUS shipping address.

Thanks.
LJ

Last edited:

dgwillim

Newly Enlightened
6AA > 2D (Wired for Parallel)

6AA > 2D (Wired for Parallel, Button Cells) for use in a stock MagLite 2D LED. Shipping to CA, USA. Paypal Transaction ID: 219492167M0500430
-Darin (update on 08/23/2011) Eric, Thanks for the quick turn-around, just arrived. Beautiful work! Will definitely be recommending to friends/family/co-workers. The adapter fit perfectly in my Mag 2D LED and works like a champ.

Last edited:

mdocod

Flashaholic
Re: 6AA > 2D (Wired for Parallel)

dgwillim,

Welcome to CPF!
Your order shipped out yesterday afternoon!

Thank You,
Eric

Eddie-M

Newly Enlightened
Re: 6AA > 2D (Wired for Parallel)

I just got my adapters today. All I have to say is the new design is excelent! I'm driving an osram 64458 on the bleeding edge off of 21 rested AA's for almost 12,000 lumens! Again, thanks for making the 21AA>6D adapter available

Eddie

Cold_reader

Newly Enlightened
i would like to purchase one off of you. What would the total be? and if you had a 6AA wired in serious also what would that total be? do you accept paypal? and do you have any other products, like bulbs?

mdocod

Flashaholic
Hello Cold Reader,

The PP address and payment instructions are at the bottom of the first post of this thread. Please read that before sending payment.

For a 9AA and 6AA adapter, the total would be $77.00. Add $4.50 for shipping to USA/Canada, or add $6.00 for shipping internationally. If you would like special shipping arrangements (other than first class USPS) contact me for a quote via PM.

Thanks,
Eric

Cold_reader

Newly Enlightened
Hi Eric,
I sent you payment for a single adapter 9AA in series. along with shipping.
And I tagged it with a note.
Thanks Alot..

fongskiz

Newly Enlightened
Hi Eric,

PayPal sent for 1pc of 2X18650s M6 battery adapter. Unique Transaction ID #58X49943G4063491X. Thanks for the PM advise.

porter686

Newly Enlightened
Hello Eric,

Did you ever figure out how to make the aa adaptors 4 abreast? would be interested in a 12aa to 3d for a 3d mag.

Dave

mdocod

Flashaholic
Hi Dave,

I have done some custom 4-abreast AA adapters for people in the past. I can only make them wired series/parallel. In the case of a 12AA>3D, it would be a 3.6V pack.

Eric

jackolantern

Newly Enlightened
hello Eric,

for 4 abreast adapters, were you able to make them fit maglites without boring??

thx.

mdocod

Flashaholic
Hi jackolantern,

I cut the slots to a dimension that allows the cells to sit pressing against each-other, Whether or not the host will need to be bored is based on the diameter of the specific cells chosen and the inside diameter of the mag host chosen.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.