Battery Junction
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Odd Mods Adapters, 3AA-21AA, M6 rechargeable solutions, Dummy cells, Customs!

Default Re: Odd Mods Adapters, 3AA-21AA, M6 rechargeable solutions, Dummy cells, Customs!

Hi Eric,

I had a custom request: could I get a couple of extremely short "dummy cells" (or spacers) of standard CR123A diameter (16 or 17mm, I guess) by 4mm length ?

Since 3P SureFires are tough to find (and expensive!), I have a SF L60 battery tube that is too long to fit (R)CR123's and too short to fit xx500's .... I measured the difference internally as 5/32" (or very nearly 4mm). I suppose I could use a couple of magnets instead, but would rather have something a bit more substantial for this "lego" light.

Please let me know if you can help with this, and how much (for, say, two of these). Thanks !

EDIT: I checked this measurement with a couple of different drop-ins, and found it to vary substantially depending on the length of the springs. However, I think that one or two 4mm spacers would probably give me enough flexibility to fit most of these which I might use
    Last edited by archimedes; 10-06-2011 at 09:00 PM. Reason: corrected measurements
    IF 2 = 1 THEN 1 = 0

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Odd Mods Adapters, 3AA-21AA, M6 rechargeable solutions, Dummy cells, Customs!

Any idea how much current the 3AA to D adapter could take before melting?

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Hi Eric,

I had a custom request: could I get a couple of extremely short "dummy cells" (or spacers) of standard CR123A diameter (16 or 17mm, I guess) by 4mm length ?

Since 3P SureFires are tough to find (and expensive!), I have a SF L60 battery tube that is too long to fit (R)CR123's and too short to fit xx500's .... I measured the difference internally as 5/32" (or very nearly 4mm). I suppose I could use a couple of magnets instead, but would rather have something a bit more substantial for this "lego" light.

Please let me know if you can help with this, and how much (for, say, two of these). Thanks !

EDIT: I checked this measurement with a couple of different drop-ins, and found it to vary substantially depending on the length of the springs. However, I think that one or two 4mm spacers would probably give me enough flexibility to fit most of these which I might use
    Hi archimedes,

No problem. PM incoming.

----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by JacobJones View Post
    Any idea how much current the 3AA to D adapter could take before melting?
    Probably more than most AA cells will ever give up.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by mdocod View Post
    Hi archimedes,
    No problem. PM incoming.
    PayPal sent - Thanks !
    IF 2 = 1 THEN 1 = 0

Hello Eric!

I get the 18650 Dummy Cell from you.I fits perfectly,and the finish ist clean and solid.Thank you for your very good work and the fast shipping.

Cheers
    Marc

Nice products!

Can you PM me the price for Two (2) 18650 Dummy Cells?

Thanks!

Spacers arrived - Thanks!
    IF 2 = 1 THEN 1 = 0

Hello Eric,

no one has never asked before an adapter for side by side 18650 cells in a mag host? I need an adapter that can be switched for parallel or series for18650 cells....adattable also for 2D mag to 6D...if possible obvious!

Please let me know, thanks.

Hello flex76italy,

PM sent!

-Eric

Inbox full...now cleaned...try to send the PM?

Thanks.

do you have a 2 x 18650 adapter that would fit a 3d maglite body? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flex76italy View Post
    Hello Eric,

no one has never asked before an adapter for side by side 18650 cells in a mag host? I need an adapter that can be switched for parallel or series for18650 cells....adattable also for 2D mag to 6D...if possible obvious!

Please let me know, thanks.
    Hello Flex76italy,

The adapters I build are non-adaptable to alternate configurations. If you have a specific configuration need, contact me via PM with that specific configuration for a quote on a custom unit. I have done a few side-by-side adapters for mags in the past as custom orders. As far as adapting them to work with different length hosts, that's just a matter of having dummy spacers made up to fill the empty space.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by hippymill View Post
    do you have a 2 x 18650 adapter that would fit a 3d maglite body? thanks
    Hello hippymill,

Most people would just use a tube spacer to fill the void between the cell diameter and the inside diameter of the mag host and run the cells end-to end. In the case of a 2x18650>3D configuration, you would also probably need a short dummy cell to make up the difference in length, and a minor modification to the tailcap spring in order to make contact with the cell properly. Generally it is more common to do 18XXX cell conversions in C body maglites because they are a better use of space for cells mounted end-to-end.

----------------------------------------------------

Eric

Paypal sent for 3AA to 1D Series Adapter. Thanks!

Hi Eric,

Do you happen to make a 4AA to 1D series adapter? If so what's the cost?

Thanks
    In Him (Jesus Christ) was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
    Shorty C/D M*glites

if so ill buy them

JonnyC,

Order Shipped!

---------------------------

vestureofblood,
    las3r,

Sorry, no such adapter available at this time.

Eric

I'll take a 6aa>2d adaptor, please. ($35) + shipping ($3.50)
    total: $38.50
    Thanks!
    Paypal will be sent momentarily

I'll take one 2x18650 For SureFire M6.

$30 each. $2 domestic shipping.

$32 sent via Paypal.
    Last edited by NotRegulated; 10-28-2011 at 02:01 PM.

darkknightlight,
    NotRegulated,
    NightKids,

Orders Shipped!

Thank You,

Eric
    Last edited by mdocod; 10-29-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Flashaholic

6aa>2d adaptor $35
    Int shipping $5

TOTAL : $40

Paypal sent !

2x18650 adapter $30
    International shipping $2.75

TOTAL : $32.75

Paypal sent!

Adapter received! Thanks so much for a great product and quick shipment!

Hi Eric,

Do you have stock available of the 12AA > 4D ~14.4V adapters?

Just wanted to make sure before I order.

Thanks,

Do you have any 2x18650 adapters for an M6? If so, PM me with your PayPal address and a total. Email address is nriedel02@gmail.com

DimmGo,

Order shipped a couple days ago!

Thank You,

--------------------------------

ascot,

Yes, several in stock ready to ship.

-------------------------------

rmeav8er000,

Yes, several in stock ready to ship.

-------------------------------

Eric

for one (2 x 18650) adapter for Surefire M6 and international shipping
    total = £32.75
    thanks

Thanks Eric, $55 PayPal sent for one 12AA > 4D ~14.4V adaptor with international shipping

Flashaholic

6AA -> 2D Button top adapter $35
    US shipping $3.50
    total: $38.50

monkeyboy,
    ascot,
    Rees,

Orders shipped out 11-7-11!

Thank You,
    Eric

OddMod Please advise ...
    Could the 3aa(x3)=3D OddMod adaptor be constructed/wired with the 3AA (side by side) in parrallel and at the same time be wired in series for each 'D Cell' equivalent? This would limit total voltage to 3x(3x1.5v)=max 4.5v (if lithium aa's are used).

I am trying to adapt the maximum number of energizer lithium AA bats within a 3D Mag, while not exceeding the 9.0v max rating for the Malkoff 3-6D dropin.

The Malkoff Dropin info cautions:
    "The current output to the led is 1000ma on 3, 4, 5 or 6 D cells. It can be operated with rechargeable cells as long as the maximum input of 9 volts is not exceeded."

CPF folk feedback appreciated also ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast