PK Design Lab
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Odd Mods Adapters, 3AA-21AA, M6 rechargeable solutions, Dummy cells, Customs!

Default Re: Odd Mods Adapters, 3AA-21AA, M6 rechargeable solutions, Dummy cells, Customs!

Quote Originally Posted by N10 View Post
    DOn't know if you got my pm
    but just sent MO for 1 x 6AA to 2D adaptor
    $35+$3.50shipping to canada
    total = $38.5
    should reach you in about a week..
    thanks a lot
    Yep, PM acknowledged, will keep an eye out for it.

Thanks,
    Eric

Flashaholic

Default Re: Odd Mods Adapters, 3AA-21AA, M6 rechargeable solutions, Dummy cells, Customs!

PP sent for 6AA to 2D adaptor, 5AA dummy cells. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mdocod View Post
    Orders shipped!
    It arrived today, and performs flawlessly. Thanks!
    The only reason a great many American families donít own an elephant is that they have never been offered an elephant for a dollar down and easy monthly payments.

Before I place an order can I confirm that the total price for a series wired 9AA > 3D adapter ($42) plus 2x AA sized Dummy Cells ($9) shipped to Australia ($6) is US$57?

Thanks.

- Matt

Are 2x 6AA to 2D adaptors available for order? Let me know and I will place the order shortly.

Much thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattaus View Post
    Before I place an order can I confirm that the total price for a series wired 9AA > 3D adapter ($42) plus 2x AA sized Dummy Cells ($9) shipped to Australia ($6) is US$57?

Thanks.

- Matt
    Sounds right to me! Fire away

---------

Quote Originally Posted by thundertree View Post
    Are 2x 6AA to 2D adaptors available for order? Let me know and I will place the order shortly.

Much thanks
    I'm in the middle of a batch, should have a couple ready to ship soon. I think I may even have one left anyways.

-----

Eric

Sorry for doing this Eric (I'm still evaluating the power requirements for my current project*) but the price remains unchanged if I changed to a parallel wired 9AA > 3D adapter correct? I know you state this in the first post but just want to be sure I should not be adding any extra funds for a build change...

I'll order something soon I swear!

*I wanted to use 3 or 4 26500 IMR cells but these are sadly in short supply and expensive, so I'm figuring out the best way to use 14500 cells to achieve similar results in the same host.

Enlightened

Payment sent for 2x18650 For SureFire M6

Do you have any 8xAA-2D holders?

I plan to run 7xAA's and a dummy cell to power my ROP.

If you don't do any, have you got the 6xAA-2D holders?

Also, if you could give prices shipped to the UK.

Thanks

Hello Mattaus,

Yea the all-series and series/parallel options are the same price.

Keep in mind when using li-ion 14500s in a 3S3P that it should not be pack charged unless steps are taken to ensure a balanced arrangement of cells. Whereas 9AA series with NIMH cells can be pack charged with little consequence. If this is important to you, go NIMH route, the energy storage is not really much different between the 2 options.

-------

Hello Cooper,

Sorry no 8AA (4 abreast) as regular product. I have done customs as series/parallel but no all-series units. (an 8AA custom would be a 2S4P or 2.4V configuration on NIMH cells).

Regular 6AA is $35 + $5 shipping = $40 total. Probably a few days lead time to build. (I think everything I have in the current batch is claimed).

Regards,
    Eric

Keep in mind when using li-ion 14500s in a 3S3P that it should not be pack charged unless steps are taken to ensure a balanced arrangement of cells. Whereas 9AA series with NIMH cells can be pack charged with little consequence. If this is important to you, go NIMH route, the energy storage is not really much different between the 2 options.
    Wow...awesome point Eric. I hadn't even considered the fact that Li-ion 3s3p was the same pack voltage as 9s NiMh, and I forgot that the Ah rating of NiMh is considerably higher than that of Li-ion cells. The only problem I do have is that I need 3A continuous discharge. I don't know much about batteries but I do no I either need either 3p sets of Li-Ion batteries, 1p set of IMR Li-Ion batteries, or a 3s set of 26500 cells to achieve this. From the looks of things NiMh cells can do a max of about 2.5A.

Without going too far off topic and ruining your sales thread - any suggestions?

Cheers,

- Matt

Hi Matt,

There are plenty of AA NIMH cells that can handle 3A loads no sweat. Sannyo eneloops are popular for loads up to 5A and some people even take them beyond that. If you want even better current carrying capability, there are numerous "hobby" grade AA cells out there (normally for use in custom pack building for radio controlled equipment) that can handle the 10-20A range pretty well.

-------------

N10,
    tjhabak,
    chnzwh,

Orders Shipped!

Thank You,
    Eric

for 1 seriesconnected 9AA > 3D holder ($42) + International shipping ($6). Total USD$48.

I'll decide what cells to use later. I'll just run my initial tests with the bazillion Alakaline's I have lying around.

Cheers,

- Matt

for two 2x18650 adaptors!

Thanks!

Got mine 6AA -> 2D Yesterday (took aprox. a week from USA to Poland)

I can only say that quality to price ratio is excellent

TU Eric
    Heaven must be full of Bullterriers and radishes :]

I would like the 6AA to 2D adapter sent to Australia.

This will go nicely with the new Terralux Ministar31 1000 lumen (cough cough) module in my unused host.

Thanks for making these available.

PAYPAL inbound for $40.00

Regards

SQ

Not-so-Subliminal Message --->
    You want to sell me your ARC6

Default 9AA Mod Adapters

Eric,

I'm kind of new to CPF. I'm looking to order a 9AA to 3D adapter. Would that be $42 + $4.50(Shipping)?<br>I'm basing this question off of the info below. Thanks.

9AA > 3D ~10.8V, for flat top or button top cells

$42.00 each

Add $4.50 for shipment to USA/Canada for any quantity up to 4 adapters.

-Ben

Default Re: 9AA Mod Adapters

Hi Eric - first adaptor is great so getting another one.

$55 PayPal sent for one 12AA > 4D ~14.4V adaptor with international shipping

Thanks

Default Re: 9AA Mod Adapters

Hi Ben,

Yes that's correct, also, check PMs I have responded to your other inquiries.

Eric

From thundertree for:
    3x 6AA > 2D adapters $105.00
    1x 18AA > 6D adapter $ 63.00
    Shipping: $6.00

Total: $174.00

Transaction ID #
    69087035UH913045P

The last order worked out really great! Much thanks!!!

Mattaus,
    signal 13,
    SunnyQueensLand,
    ascot,

Orders Shipped!

Thank You,
    Eric

From Polki for:
    2x 6AA > 2D adapters $ 70.00
    International
    Shipping: $ 5.00

Total: $ 75.00

Transaction ID:
    5VU32546BC618850F

thundertree,
    Polkl,

Orders Shipped!

Thank You,
    Eric

Eric, paypal $62.00 sent for two M6 2X18650 adapters.

Bill

Flashaholic

PP inbound for:
    $42 - 1 X 9AA-3D Maglite adapter (prefer black color if possible)
    $9 - 2 X AA dummy cells
    $4.50 - Shipping

Thank You!
    -Pete

**PP Sent - Transaction ID # 92S08788KM2303457 **
    Last edited by sb_pete; 02-12-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Bullzeyebill,
    sb_pete,

Orders Shipped!

Thank You,
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Hi Eric,

I had a custom request: could I get a couple of extremely short "dummy cells" (or spacers) of standard CR123A diameter (16 or 17mm, I guess) by 4mm length ?

Please let me know if you can help with this, and how much (for, say, two of these). Thanks !

These worked great for me, and would now like a couple more in different sizes

EDIT: PayPal sent for an order of the following spacers :

16mm (dia) x 6mm (length) - 2 pieces

14mm (d) x 4mm (l) - 1 pc

14mm (d) x 6mm (l) - 1 pc

EDIT(2): Received (super-fast shipping, too!) - Many thanks
    Last edited by archimedes; 02-21-2012 at 07:45 PM.
    IF 2 = 1 THEN 1 = 0

Eric,
    Can you do a 15mm(d) x 5mm(l) dummy cell? I'm looking for a high quality spacer for charging a protected 15270 in my CR123 charger (W-138a).

Thanks
    Last edited by dirtlatemodelracer; 02-19-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Payment sent for 2x18650 adaptor for Surefire M6

Transaction ID # 26M39459PH084793E)

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by dirtlatemodelracer View Post
    Eric,
    Can you do a 15mm(d) x 5mm(l) dummy cell? I'm looking for a high quality spacer for charging a protected 15270 in my CR123 charger (W-138a).

Thanks
    Not a problem,

All dummy spacers up to 17mm x 17mm are priced at the same $4.50 each, however I do have a minimum order size of $15 because there is some set-up and retooling time involved whether I am making one or several. Best to order 2 for $15 shipped or 3 for $16.50 shipped or conger up another few sizes you might need for other things. Detailed pricing for all the size ranges available are towards the bottom of the first post in this thread.

Regards,
    Eric

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast