The Fenix-Store
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Odd Mods Adapters, 3AA-21AA, M6 rechargeable solutions, Dummy cells, Customs!

Default Re: Odd Mods Adapters, 3AA-21AA, M6 rechargeable solutions, Dummy cells, Customs!

Got my adapter today. I've never owned one so I can't really compare it to anything but the quality and fit is excellent.

Thanks Eric!

Flashaholic

Default Re: Odd Mods Adapters, 3AA-21AA, M6 rechargeable solutions, Dummy cells, Customs!

1x 2x18650 For SureFire M6 -- $30
    1x international shipping -- $2.75
    ----
    total $32.75
    Looking for Orange Surefire G2 Host. If you have one you don't like please PM me.

mcoccla,
    WarriorOfLight,

Orders Shipped!

Thank You,
    Eric

Hi Eric,

The adapters comes today, very nice work !

Thanks

Kai

Eric,

Payment sent for 2 (two) 2x18650 M6 Adapters... $62.00 total

Thanks!
    D

Thanks Eric, received the 12AA adapter last week, great quality as always

Unenlightened

PP inbound for:

2x CR123 dummy cells

Thank you!

Darvis,
    kpendlet,
    dy5,

Orders Shipped!

Thank You,
    Eric

Eric,

Payment sent for two 2X18650 adapters for Surefire M6 ..... $64.00.

Woohooo!! Thanks, will confirm when they land.

EDIT: Received, perfect condition.. thanks!
    Last edited by Darvis; 03-07-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Eric,

I received the adapters yesterday....great job. Thanks.

from thundertree for:

1x 12AA > 4D adapter $49.00
    1x 15AA > 5D adapter $56.00
    3x AA "Dummy" Cells $13.50
    Shipping: $6.00
    Total: $ 124.50

Transaction ID # 53E018790U1264032

Unenlightened

Hi Eric,

Paypal sent ($62) for two (2) 2x18650 For SureFire M6 adapters.

Thank you very much!

- Sean

thundertree,
    caseyse,

Orders Shipped!

Thank you,
    Eric

which setup do you recommend for the M6LT? 3X17670 or 2X18650?
    Elzetta M60 | Fenix E01 E05 | Surefire 6P C2 E2E E2L-AA | Malkoff: M61-219 M61HCRI M61 Malkoff 3D Maglite
    Certified Malkoff Junkie....

Hi BIG45-70,

The 2x18650 seems to be working for many people in the M6LT. I'm not even sure if the 3x17670 is "safe" for the light as far as voltage goes. 2x18650 is less cells to deal with and more stored energy any-ways.

Regards,
    Eric

Thanks for the reply. Just waiting for my order to process (lapg) and you'll have a PayPal on the way!
    Elzetta M60 | Fenix E01 E05 | Surefire 6P C2 E2E E2L-AA | Malkoff: M61-219 M61HCRI M61 Malkoff 3D Maglite
    Certified Malkoff Junkie....

Flashaholic

Got my 2 x 18650 adapter for the M6LT Guardian yesterday and it works great. Thanks!

Eric,

Just wanted to say thanks for the 4D adapter & 5D adapter. Already putting them to use and they works great!! Probably will be getting another 5d soon!

Thanks again for the great work and fast shipping!!

Flashaholic

Hi, paypal sent for:

1x 6AA > 2D adapter "Parallel Wired" for use in stock maglite 2D led flashlight
    1x International shipping

Total 35 + 5 = USD 40

Unique Transaction ID # 6YR555427Y036853X

Thanks.

Flashaholic

I was thinking, if instead i put a 6aa > 2d in series to a stock mag 2d led, what will happen? Can the led take it? what will be lumens/throw/runtime?

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask but...

Thanks.

Hi rewdee,

I just got back from the post office with your order shipped off... I didn't notice your post until checking on on the thread now, to report in that your order had shipped

I know that years ago, the magLED series had specific modules for each voltage configuration. Trying to increase the supply voltage would just fry them. Modern ones might be different, but that said, most LED regulation circuits designed to work from 1-2 "cells" (1-3V input) can only operate as boost circuits, applying higher voltage than the intended drive level will bypass regulation and over-drive the LED. In the case of a ~7V supply voltage, that would almost certainly fry the LED instantly. In other-words, I'm fairly confident there would be nothing to gain, and most likely a great opportunity to cause damage by going with a 7.2V pack. The 2.4V pack was probably the correct choice for being able to run the unit on AA size cells.

Regards,
    Eric

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by mdocod View Post
    Hi rewdee,

I just got back from the post office with your order shipped off... I didn't notice your post until checking on on the thread now, to report in that your order had shipped

I know that years ago, the magLED series had specific modules for each voltage configuration. Trying to increase the supply voltage would just fry them. Modern ones might be different, but that said, most LED regulation circuits designed to work from 1-2 "cells" (1-3V input) can only operate as boost circuits, applying higher voltage than the intended drive level will bypass regulation and over-drive the LED. In the case of a ~7V supply voltage, that would almost certainly fry the LED instantly. In other-words, I'm fairly confident there would be nothing to gain, and most likely a great opportunity to cause damage by going with a 7.2V pack. The 2.4V pack was probably the correct choice for being able to run the unit on AA size cells.

Regards,
    Eric
    Hi Eric, thanks for the feedback and glad to hear its been posted.

Thanks,
    Rudy

Flashaholic

1x 2x18650 For SureFire M6 -- $30
    1x international shipping -- $6.00
    ----
    total $36.00
    Looking for Orange Surefire G2 Host. If you have one you don't like please PM me.

Unenlightened

Eric, I am new to this site, this is my first post. I started thinking there should be a better way to power my C-cell and D-cell Mag-Lites. I have done some reading on the site but I am sure I have a lot to learn. I have a whole mix of C and D cell lights in 2 and 3 cell configurations. About half of those are currently LED and the remainder need to have LED modules purchased for them. First question, do you make adapters for the C-cell lights? Second question, do you sell the LED modules also? I have many questions as I have a lot to learn and this conversation may be best taken to PM. Let me know what you think. Greg.
    Last edited by Bullzeyebill; 04-02-2012 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Helping Greg out with his smilie

I want to put a 9aa > 3D adapter (wired parallel) in my stock 3D Mag-lite. I might want to not fill all the aa banks for a full 9aa batteries (maybe I will only put 6 AA batteries in). I understand why a series wiring would need dummy blanks, but in a parallel wiring scheme, could I just leave some banks empty?

Enjoyed the previous order; Here's another for you. Hope I'm not your only "5D Customer"!

from thundertree for:

1x 9AA > 3D adapter $42.00
    2x 15AA > 5D adapter $112.00

Shipping: $6.00

Total: $ 160.00

CPF username: thundertree
    Transaction ID # 2EF49755LE6216600

Quote Originally Posted by gmelton2 View Post
    Eric, I am new to this site, this is my first post.
    Welcome to CPF!

I started thinking there should be a better way to power my C-cell and D-cell Mag-Lites.
    Try not to think of the products I sell as "better" merely, alternatives to meet different goals. For what you are doing, C and D size cells are most likely the best option for now (most stored energy, lowest cost, lowest hassle), unless you need the ruggedness of Energiser AA lithium primary cells. Your power needs may change in the future as you come across alternative LED drop-ins, or old-school incandescent modifications that require higher voltage than the stock configuration.

I have done some reading on the site but I am sure I have a lot to learn. I have a whole mix of C and D cell lights in 2 and 3 cell configurations. About half of those are currently LED and the remainder need to have LED modules purchased for them. First question, do you make adapters for the C-cell lights?
    There honestly aren't any beneficial configurations for the C body lights that can't be done by simple dropping in a spacer tube for 16-18mm diameter cells, or sticking to C diameter (26mm) size cells (in various chemistry/voltage options). The C diameter cell options are by far the best use of space in the C body hosts. For now, if you are primarily running single LEDs, C size alkaline or NIMH is probably your best choice for a balance of runtime, performance, and safety. As you learn about more 3rd party upgrades, you may lean towards using C diameter lithium-ion type cells, but I urge you to work your way into that slowly and carefully so as to keep yourself and family safe.

Second question, do you sell the LED modules also?
    Sorry, No.

I have many questions as I have a lot to learn and this conversation may be best taken to PM. Let me know what you think. Greg.
    As far as the specific products I sell, in time if you research more about what sort of modifications you may want to make to your maglites, you may begin to have a need for the adapters that I sell, in the mean time, it's best to sit back, and soak up the CPF goodness for awhile

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fike View Post
    I want to put a 9aa > 3D adapter (wired parallel) in my stock 3D Mag-lite. I might want to not fill all the aa banks for a full 9aa batteries (maybe I will only put 6 AA batteries in). I understand why a series wiring would need dummy blanks, but in a parallel wiring scheme, could I just leave some banks empty?
    It's theoretically possible to leave a bank or 2 empty, however, keep in mind that under the pressure of the mag spring and the thumb nut that holds the adapter together, an empty slot would cause the adapter to "kink" over sideways a bit. The adapter would probably not be significantly harmed, but it would not surprise me if it was hard on batteries. To say the least, it would not be ideal.

---------

Regards,
    Eric

Flashaholic*

1 - 2x18650 Adapter for Surefire M6 - $30
    US Shipping - $3

TOTAL - $33

Thanks!

9AA > 3D ~10.8V ...$42
    3 AA dummy cells at 4.50 each ....$13.50
    Shipping ...$5
    Total ...60.50

PayPal transaction ID ...10W2227184376074R

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast