does a sleeve exist that will allow me to put a 14mm AA in a 17500 tube interior?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
The configuration of the light I want only comes in a 17500 tube, & I'm using L91's. I see 14mm to 18mm, & 14mm to 17mm but for 2 cells- just have to trim down the latter, or is there a 14 to 17mm one cell version out there somewhere I'm overlooking?

Or how bad will an energizer lithium primary rattle in a 17500 size tube?

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure if they have what you need, but have you check out Oveready? They have a small variety of battery sleeves and spacers.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Zeruel, yeah that's where I saw the one's in my OP. Unfortunately even the 2 cell 17mm one, despite having it listed under options, doesn't appear in their drop down menu for adding to cart. Just for the 18mm bodies, no 17mm. I emailed them just to be sure.

Is "delrin" going to be easy to trim, assuming they do have it?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Assuming the right tool is a utility razor, I should be in good shape.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Couldn't you just get some cheap electrical tape and build up a 'spare tire' around the middle of the L91 to prevent movement/rattle.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good idea. And instead of wrapping tape around a new battery every time, maybe a semi permanent tape sleeve could be fashioned with a full wrap of face up tape under one of face down. Although honestly unless I find some kind of pro looking sleeve like the ones at overready, I'm probably not going for the light in the first place. It's just too nice to handle something all nizzle rizzled up in there.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Overready replied & said they'll have a Delrin 17500 adaptor next month!

I know it's kind of a waste of $10 when you can D.I.Y. with household items & it be functionally the same, so thanks for the ideas, but I'm just going to be weird about this.

Reefer rae

Newly Enlightened
For small derlin projects like this I have made a lathe from a drill and a bearing mounted to plywood , just get a step bit set and it will hold the work well enough to spin it . Then I use a dremel tool to cut it with light pressure . As for cutting it to length a hack saw works fine . Hope it helps anyone with the same questions.