Battery Junction
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Cerakote Service *Run 3 Open!* Get your lights coated by a NIS certified applicator!

Default Re: Cerakote Service - Get your lights coated by a professional NIS certified applica

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    I just looked up Desert tan on that website looks like there are two deserts and one tan.
    Do you know which one they will be doing? I am starting to like the two Deserts (DESERT SAND) as they are lighter what about you Morelite ?.

I will also be happy with the Tan.
    Desert sand looks good to me too.
    I also like the flat dark earth.
    Last edited by Morelite; 08-17-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Default Re: Cerakote Service - Get your lights coated by a professional NIS certified applica

2D Mag shipped today, Thanks
    Dr Swiger

Quote Originally Posted by Morelite View Post
    Desert sand looks good to me too.
    I also like the flat dark earth.

Flat dark earth looks good as well. I will be happy with any of them.

cheers
    WTB: Surefire -6, Z44 Bezels with logo’s ? Any logo, early Z44 bezel's new condition Blk or HA,and anything rare Surefire

Just out of curiosity... How much for an LF2XT? (or two)

The pictures look amazing - How much for a C2 with KL3 head (stripped to empty shell; 3 parts just the head) in graphite black? Is there a chance to still join the current run if I expedite shipping from the UK or should I wait for another run now?

Edit: I suppose this is also a question of feasibility - The parts of the head are rather small!
    Last edited by red_hackle; 08-18-2011 at 04:24 PM.
    Touch my food, feel my fork!

Quote Originally Posted by compasillo View Post
    Just out of curiosity... How much for an LF2XT? (or two)
    Probably $40, as long as they are 3 part lights they require all the same masking as a larger light just slighly less coating =)
    Surefire 18650 Bored Hosts & Cerakote!
    I am visually impaired please excuse my typos =P

Quote Originally Posted by red_hackle View Post
    The pictures look amazing - How much for a C2 with KL3 head (stripped to empty shell; 3 parts just the head) in graphite black? Is there a chance to still join the current run if I expedite shipping from the UK or should I wait for another run now?

Edit: I suppose this is also a question of feasibility - The parts of the head are rather small!
    How is the kl3 head different than a z44? Can you send me a pic of the parts involved? I did a custom 9 piece light in the first run (see pic in post #1), all of the extra masking does cost extra but the results were epic!

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy714 View Post
    How is the kl3 head different than a z44? Can you send me a pic of the parts involved? I did a custom 9 piece light in the first run (see pic in post #1), all of the extra masking does cost extra but the results were epic!
    I took two quick and dirty pictures of the three unscrewed parts of the head and the full host. The KL3 is not a P60 head - However, I have stripped it of all wiring, LED and driver and would like it coated before modding it. Let me know what you think and please PM me your shipping details with a quote - Not to keep anyone else waiting I could probably mail the light out first thing tomorrow morning (obviously stripped of lens, clip, switch and o-rings).

Edit: "epic" is exactly the look/quality I'm after...

Last edited by red_hackle; 08-18-2011 at 05:51 PM.
    Touch my food, feel my fork!

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy714 View Post
    Probably $40, as long as they are 3 part lights they require all the same masking as a larger light just slighly less coating =)
    They are 2 parts lights. 80mm (total length) x 14mm diameter.
    The electronic tail switch is not intended to be cerakoted.
    Could you readjust the price?
    Last edited by compasillo; 08-18-2011 at 08:01 PM.

I have been wanting some safety orange host's for a while, looks like now's a good time to get it done.
    When is the deadline for you getting the parts?

All parts should arrive within the next 2 weeks; internationals need to have their parts in the mail by monday to arrive in time, domestics will need to be in the mail by next monday.

These are basic guidelines but invariably there are a few late mailers; just be sure to choose an appropriate shipping method if you are a last minute mailer =)

Quote Originally Posted by compasillo View Post
    They are 2 parts lights. 80mm (total length) x 14mm diameter.
    The electronic tail switch is not intended to be cerakoted.
    Could you readjust the price?
    So they are roughly 3" X 1/2", with no tailcap? That is going to be around $65 for 2 of them

Forgot to mention; if you are buying new parts to be coated you can have them shipped directly to me; there is a nominal fee for stripping/reassembly but that cost will often be recouped by not having to ship the lights twice

Also; if you want a new bored 6p, c2 or c3 caoted please check out my bored hosts thread linked in the first post; feel free to purchase any of those for coating service; they are already stripped so there are no extra fees for stripping/reassembly!

Sorry guys I'm out on this run, I had a major oops with my C2 body when I was boring it for a 18650 cell.

Eeek! My friend always used to say "cheap is expensive", are you going to turn it down to a rounder body now?

PM sent

I don't yet know why that happened. I only bored to .731 and it came through only on that one milled flat area. The o-ring gland was supposed to be the thinnest area not there. I'll still use it as a beater light at work, it just won't be waterproof anymore.

does your lathe have some kind of digital centering? seems like it was definitely a little off center or it wobbled just enough to shave through, bummer! I'd wrap it in some type of good quality electrical tape to seal it and possibly an outer grip layer...maybe enven griptape!

Nope, nothing digital on my lathe, all manual. Either that milled flat area was too thin to start with or something just became out of wack on my lathe. I'll figure it out soon enough.
    I thought about just making a whole new tube to my liking but the labor time just doesn't seem to compare to the cost of just buying another one, this time it will be a 6P body as I like them better anyway.

any takers for flat dark earth?

This is Flat Dark Earth, I don't know why the whole pic doesn't show up.

Talked to the shop today, Flat dark earth is a go!

So We have:
    Safety Orange
    White
    Graphite Black
    Tan (Which one did you all decide on? He said Desert sand is the military standard for vehicles)
    Flat Dark Earth

hello,

how much would a 2D Mag light cost to do? mag lights aren't listed

I will be shipping out my Solarforce L2 parts for the Orange run in a couple days. So that will be a total of 6 pieces... 2 tailcaps, 2 bodys, and 2 heads. I may also include a L2m, I dunno yet.

Quote Originally Posted by maddog View Post
    hello,

how much would a 2D Mag light cost to do? mag lights aren't listed
    2D maglight is somewhere between $70-$75 leaning more towards $70 (he sometimes hits me with a $5 materials fee for the extra coating on large/fat lights)

Quote Originally Posted by Lightdadark View Post
    I will be shipping out my Solarforce L2 parts for the Orange run in a couple days. So that will be a total of 6 pieces... 2 tailcaps, 2 bodys, and 2 heads. I may also include a L2m, I dunno yet.
    Excellent! I'd love to see an l2m cerakoted!!

I do not care that much I will be happy with DESERT SAND or Coyote tan.
    I will drop the orange and go the dark earth.
    So that will be
    1x C2 host DESERT SAND or Coyote tan
    1x Cyros Bezel DESERT SAND or Coyote tan
    1x Solarforce Tailcap DESERT SAND or Coyote tan

1x C2 host Flat Dark Earth
    1x Cyros Bezel Flat Dark Earth
    1x Solarforce Tailcap Flat Dark Earth

1x M2 ribbed Bezel White
    1x Solarforce tail cap two pieces White

NOTE: C2 host= standard Bezel, Body & tailcap

The Cyros bezels & Solarforce tail caps are in the mail and you have the C2's
    PM also sent

cheers
    Last edited by Rat; 08-22-2011 at 08:51 AM. Reason: added white items
    WTB: Surefire -6, Z44 Bezels with logo’s ? Any logo, early Z44 bezel's new condition Blk or HA,and anything rare Surefire

Rat - pm updated & sent=)

alright- this run is closed for international shipments; domestic shippers need to have their parts in the mail by Saturday!

for a 6P and the Cerakote service.

Quote Originally Posted by Morelite View Post
    for a 6P and the Cerakote service.
    Your back in good to see what colour are you going with ?

I got all my Cerakote parts today from the first batch WOW Just amazing.
    I am that happy with all the work I cannot even find one little flaw in the cerakote finish its perfect. Even inside the holes in the front of the V1-cryos bezel are perfect.
    The way they where packet was just outstanding each piece was individually pack in foam tubing you could of drop it from 10 floors up and it would of still been ok.
    I am on night shift until Sunday but will try and get some Pictures up ASAP.

Thanks again for supplying this great service.

PS: Cannot wait for this batch
    Last edited by Rat; 08-24-2011 at 02:16 AM.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast