Battery Junction
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718192023 ... LastLast

Thread: Cerakote Service *Run 3 Open!* Get your lights coated by a NIS certified applicator!

Default Re: Cerakote Service - Get your lights coated by a professional NIS certified applica

When you coat these, do you just coat the outside and leave the thread and inner workings stock, or do you coat everything including the threads, leaving just enough bare metal in the right places to form a return electrical path?

Default Re: Cerakote Service *Run 3 Open!* Get your lights coated by a NIS certified applicat

on most parts they are cerakoted to the oring grooves and left stock on the threads and interior to preserve proper fit and conductivity
    Surefire 18650 Bored Hosts & Cerakote!
    I am visually impaired please excuse my typos =P

Default Re: Cerakote Service *Run 3 Open!* Get your lights coated by a NIS certified applicat

What colors are still available? Ready to ship you a Nitecore D10

sure =)

ti blue gets dropped off today and then G black, burnt bronze and orange get dropped off next weekend! Bronze may be delayed a week unless we get more hosts, I only have a couple parts currently for that batch

Unenlightened

Hi there, just out of interest can your coater do other items besides lights? I have some items I want cerakoting and have been looking for a reliable source for it for weeks now!!!

My guy can do anything metal and even some synthetics from pens to watch parts to zippo lighters all the way up to full AR's

Drop me an email for details@ bugsy714@gmail.com
    Last edited by bugsy714; 02-06-2012 at 01:24 AM.

Going to pick up most of the small white lights tomorrow, the rest will be picked up next weekend once the new cerakote material arrives and he finishes up!

Ti Blue is going to be dropped off as well and will hopefully return next weekend =)

Most of the white smaller bits came back! They look really amazing, it is always exciting to see the full transformation from a bunch of mismatched legos to an army of stormtroopers!

The following people are ready to ship:
    91FromStars - all remaining
    fl0t - Full order!
    drmalenko - all remaining

Partial- these will be
    complete this weekend!
    TBA

Can any material be cerakoted?

anything that is solid and can bake at 300 degrees for 2 hours can be coated; they even do glock frames that are plastic!

I love my arc aaa but was not too hip on the color. What would something that size cost me to coat?

Default Re: Cerakote Service - Get your lights coated by a professional NIS certified applica

I'd be interested in getting my E2D coated with the burnt bronze

Flashaholic

Hi CharlesI received my two Z2's today. The orange cerakoted Z2 is great
    Looking for Orange Surefire G2 Host. If you have one you don't like please PM me.

Hey guys I want to do a run of hot pink, anyone else in for this?

Quote Originally Posted by LATimber View Post
    I love my arc aaa but was not too hip on the color. What would something that size cost me to coat?
    Around $30

Quote Originally Posted by Madpayas0 View Post
    I'd be interested in getting my E2D coated with the burnt bronze
    Excellent, the reflector will need to be removed, for tips on how to do it safely please ask around on the modder's forum

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfLight View Post
    Hi CharlesI received my two Z2's today. The orange cerakoted Z2 is great
    Awesome! That Z2 orangie did look great, once it was reassemlbed I wished I had put one in that batch for me!

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy714 View Post

Excellent, the reflector will need to be removed, for tips on how to do it safely please ask around on the modder's forum

What is the reason behind it? Will the heat damage the reflector?

Yes, there are plastic inserts, orings, and the reflector in the head that need to be removed prior to coating; it can be donw by boiling and using a pair of strap wrenches

Flashaholic

What about a yellow cerakote? I found in the google pictures a picture of an yellos Z2, and I think yellow should also be a nice color A corvette yellow or schoolbus yellow looks cool for me

http://i47.tinypic.com/25tianl.jpg

I'd be in for a yellow Z2 since I still miss a Surefire G2Z in yellow and I love the yellow G2
    Last edited by WarriorOfLight; 02-13-2012 at 06:18 AM.
    Looking for Orange Surefire G2 Host. If you have one you don't like please PM me.

Default Cerakote

Burnt Bronze.
    I am in for a SureFire 6P body, tailcap and a cryos head.

Flat Dark Earth.
    I would be in for a complete SureFire 6P (body, head, tailcap).

Default Re: Cerakote

Anyone cerakote'ed a v10r??!! How would it work with the control ring would be my concern... Would coating the ring and body make the ring not turn easily or even at all?? Curios id love my xml modded v10r in burnt brinze....
    Hoping white back soon...... Then i can worry bout what's next :/)

Quote Originally Posted by WDP View Post
    Burnt Bronze.
    I am in for a SureFire 6P body, tailcap and a cryos head.

Flat Dark Earth.
    I would be in for a complete SureFire 6P (body, head, tailcap).
    Excellent! Send them both in, I will start pushing for FDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbmurf View Post
    Anyone cerakote'ed a v10r??!! How would it work with the control ring would be my concern... Would coating the ring and body make the ring not turn easily or even at all?? Curios id love my xml modded v10r in burnt brinze....
    Oh that would be sweet!

I imagine you would need to remove the selector ring and coat both parts seperately.....there may be plastic internals under the ring, I'm not familiar with the mechanism they use....

Ask in the modder's forum, I can also recommend some great modders to do the dissassembly work for you, send me the parts and then I send the coated parts back to the modder for reassembly. It adds some expense but is by far the best way to get a complicated and pricey light apart and reassembled into a stock functioning light =)
    Last edited by bugsy714; 02-18-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfLight View Post
    What about a yellow cerakote? I found in the google pictures a picture of an yellos Z2, and I think yellow should also be a nice color A corvette yellow or schoolbus yellow looks cool for me

http://i47.tinypic.com/25tianl.jpg

I'd be in for a yellow Z2 since I still miss a Surefire G2Z in yellow and I love the yellow G2
    If we can get 10 people interested I can order the color!

Left my OD Green 6P at my buddies house. Ill get her back soon though. Here are my others.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbmurf View Post
    Oh that would be sweet!

I imagine you would need to remove the selector ring and coat both parts seperately.....there may be plastic internals under the ring, I'm not familiar with the mechanism they use....
    Ask in the modder's forum, I can also recommend some great modders to do the dissassembly work for you, send me the parts and then I send the coated parts back to the modder for reassembly. It adds some expense but is by far the best way to get a complicated and pricey light apart and reassembled into a stock functioning light =)
    You are looking at four pieces, Body, head, bezel and variable ring. The switch, emitter board, circuit board and 2 magnets in the variable ring need to be pulled.

BTW, I would love to get my V10A and V10R done. Is the price the same as the 6P for each?

Solarforce L2T Graphite Black

i got to the party late. i was hoping to get a surefire coated in white, when is the next time you will be doing white?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommygun45 View Post
    Left my OD Green 6P at my buddies house. Ill get her back soon though. Here are my others.
    Looking good Tom!! Good luck getting your OD 6p back, I'm guessing your friend is gonna wanna keep it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by think2x View Post
    You are looking at four pieces, Body, head, bezel and variable ring. The switch, emitter board, circuit board and 2 magnets in the variable ring need to be pulled.

BTW, I would love to get my V10A and V10R done. Is the price the same as the 6P for each?
    Yeah, I'm guessing $45-$50 depending on if I have to use tape to mask the areas under the ring or not, if there is anno we probably can spray it with no problem.

BTW - How difficult was it to pull that apart? You might want to consider having the other member send his light to you for dissassembly, then mail them all to me, then back to you for reassemly for a nominal fee

Quote Originally Posted by jjohnson34 View Post
    Solarforce L2T Graphite Black
    Can do- pm sent; G Black is going in for spray in a week

Quote Originally Posted by mr.lumen View Post
    i got to the party late. i was hoping to get a surefire coated in white, when is the next time you will be doing white?
    We have some more white planned in the next week or two, I'll pm you my info

*****************CERAKOTE UPDATE**************

All of the remaining white and Ti Blue are back!!

Will be cleaning and reassembling parts for the next few hours; hope to have them all in the mail on tuesday!!!
    Last edited by bugsy714; 02-20-2012 at 10:07 PM.

All done washing! I'm really stoked on the Ti Blue, it has a wonderful metallic hue and the parts just look great!

Flashaholic

If we can get 10 people interested I can order the color!
    Maybe a good idea to post the colors that are some people interested in the very fist post. It is easy to see the colors that are currenlty interesting for some people. I guesss there are not soooo many color wishes.

But this is just an idea....

Btw. Please take pictures of the hosts you cerakote. It is always nice to see a few new colors
    Last edited by WarriorOfLight; 02-21-2012 at 02:44 AM.

Good idea on adding the colors with interest to the first post!

I always try to get pics but with a my 3yo and 6month old boys bouncing off the walls it never seems to happen! I rely heavily on customers to post pics for me to swipe for the first post =)

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718192023 ... LastLast