Innovative and high-quality Rofis flashlight
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Cerakote Service *Run 3 Open!* Get your lights coated by a NIS certified applicator!

Default Re: Cerakote Service *Run 3 Open!* Get your lights coated by a NIS certified applicat

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy714 View Post
    pm sent =)
    PM relpy sent

Dang, already sent in graphite black run 3. Will there be a run 4 graphite black?

Default Re: Cerakote Service *Run 3 Open!* Get your lights coated by a NIS certified applicat

pms sent/replied
    Surefire 18650 Bored Hosts & Cerakote!
    I am visually impaired please excuse my typos =P

I honestly can't remember if you're the one I sent my EX10 shell to, but if you were, what ever happened to that?

pm sent for more details =)

I got the wrong guy, sorry bugsy. As you were...

playing with my emotions like that hahaha, no worries, glad you figured that out!

Fingers crossed for orange hitting the street today!!!
    New to being a Flashoholic but have always had a taste for the good stuff. I edc a Malkoff MD2 with M60W or Surefire C2 with m61. XM-18 along with Victorinox cybertool 29 and Leatherman crunch.

Bugsy is great people, I will be getting a solarforce l2 done in graphite black!

Quote Originally Posted by simplec6 View Post
    Bugsy is great people, I will be getting a solarforce l2 done in graphite black!
    He has been great to me. Always fast replies to all of my silly questions!!!
    New to being a Flashoholic but have always had a taste for the good stuff. I edc a Malkoff MD2 with M60W or Surefire C2 with m61. XM-18 along with Victorinox cybertool 29 and Leatherman crunch.

Thanks guys!

I'm not making any promises here but the shop emailed me to let me know all of the orange should be complete tomorrow! They had a few surprises with the weather out here (santa ana winds followed by rain) messing with the consistency of the coating on the white/black batches which are getting blasted/resprayed and should be complete next week...Here's hoping!

Big old box of orange parts on my kitchen table...now for the fun part of demasking, QC check and reassembly

Most are complete, some will need to be touched up on monday once I do a QC check so orange lights should start hitting the mail early next week. Keep an eye out for confirmation pms' to confirm parts, address and your availability to receive them!

Going to pick up the freshly touched up orange parts tomorrow evening, super happy to be so close to shipping!

I never did post that pic of the M3 storm trooper you did for me Bugsy in the 1st run here you go.

How about all three

thanks for the service cannot wait for my new load of Cerakote's

Cheers
    WTB: Surefire -6, Z44 Bezels with logo’s ? Any logo, early Z44 bezel's new condition Blk or HA,and anything rare Surefire

I'm really curious to see how these lights hold up to daily usage and am hoping to see a lot better durability compared to my orange Clicky, which is
    not durable at all.

Those white lights with the black accoutrements are just stunning!
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Check out some of the user cerakoted lights Weklund posted in the cerakote lights thread on CPF proper, they hold up amazingly well, especially if the coating is oven cured and properly applied. For the lighter colors they will always show more wear, they are harder to get a nice even coloration as well

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy714 View Post
    Check out some of the user cerakoted lights Weklund posted in the cerakote lights thread on CPF proper, they hold up amazingly well, especially if the coating is oven cured and properly applied. For the lighter colors they will always show more wear, they are harder to get a nice even coloration as well
    Could you look at the pics in my thread and tell me if they look like normal wear or if it looks to you like the Cerakote was improperly applied?
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

I can't comment on the cerakote application for your light, I suggest you contact the person or company who performed your coating and voice your concerns to them.

Weklund showed some orange lights in the cerakote thread that had been used hard and still looked great. We all use our lights differently so "normal wear" for some is abuse for others.

My personal cerakoted lights are used VERY hard, they fall of the brim of my hat, out of my pocket and even get taken for a ride by my 3yo occasionally when I'm not looking. So far so good, as long as you have reasonable expectations of what the coating is capable of withstanding.

The "weapons grade" cerakote colors are more durable than the brighter, more decorative colors. Also, as with any coating you are only as good as what you are over so proper prep, Aluminum oxide blasting at the proper angle to create microscopic ridges and valleys in the metal, degreasing and following clean parts protocol will all effect the performance of the coating.

Cerakote on parts that have not been annodized prior to coating (to harden the aluminum substrate) will not perform as well as softer raw aluminum parts.

Not sure if you looked at any of the pics in that thread or read the experiences there, but have you ever seen Cerakote applied to bare aluminum rub off from being carried in a pocket where the only thing to rub against was the pocket itself?

The second part of your post suggests that not all Cerakote is created equally, which raises the question - what colors are weapons grade Cerakote available in?

There are "weapons grade" colors; please refer to the NIC website for further info

Yes, bare AL is a poor substrate for cerakote; read the last page of the cryos sales thread Dan from Oveready wrote a great explanation of why this is the case.

Like I said, I can't comment your your particular situation, please contact the person who did the work for you with any further questions

Thanks!

You wouldn't have any direct links for the sites mentioned would you?

Thanks for trying to answer my questions.

http://www.nicindustries.com/cerakote.php

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronGuru View Post
    Cerakote over aluminum is difficult to do well. Ceramic paint is engineered to work best over a firm base (think weapons grade steel). Raw aluminum is soft, so applying Cerakote by itself, yields a finish with poor durability. The paint tries to hold together, but impacts deform the metal underneath.

To do it right, the metal must be coated twice. First with an ano, which is half removed*, then again in Cerakote. Anything else will significantly wear in a matter of months.

*anodize is a kind of rust, not a coating. It grows above the metal and into the metal at the same time. When 'blasted off', the inner/under layer remains, providing support for the ceramic layer.

No problem, I wish I could help you more but your applicator will be able to answer the questions better that I can as to what procedures and protocols were followed during application

Good luck!
    Last edited by bugsy714; 11-08-2011 at 04:06 AM.

Thanks for the link and can't wait to see some orange lights here!

It is orange Armageddon on my kitchen counter! In the process of hand washing, drying and assembling over 130 parts! Pics to follow once I get people's orders all put together for group shots. There are some SERIOUSLY awesome lights in this batch!

Black/white are scheduled to return either friday or monday, I'm super excited to get all of these parts into the mail and back to their owners, it has been a long time coming but the wait was worth it!

some orangie parts are going back for minor touch-ups, my kitchen is haunted by several headless flashlights now haha

black is due back tomorrow orangie touch-ups due back by thursday

Sounds good thanks for keeping us updated Bugsy!

G Black is Back! They look sweet, somewhere between knight rider and Stealth Bomber!

PMs/emails outgoing

For orange & White customers; keep an eye out for PM's explaining the status of those two colors. I am using a new coater for those and all future colors, he is the coater who did white in batch #1 and his work is really amazing. Also his lead time is a true 2-4 weeks so no more excessive waits from here on out.

Shipped in Full
    LightDaDark
    Shurock
    AsianDunn
    Red Hackle
    Simplec6
    Weklund (ready for pickup)

Shipped Partial
    Nein166
    91fromstars