4 Sevens
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best single 18650 Flashlight

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Best single 18650

Quote Originally Posted by MashBill View Post
    +1! There may be better lights out there, but I don't know of any. My SC60 and SC600 lights are my constant "go to" lights. Even if I am carrying a different light, I always have one of the SC's with me.
    Of course there is no "BEST", but...

I vote overall winner is the ZebraLight SC60w. However depending on your needs the ZebraLight SC600 is also a real winner. If you need lots of throw, then look at some of the other suggestions.

Default Re: Best single 18650 Flashlight

Quote Originally Posted by skyfire View Post
    ISC600 is nice, bright, and compact. but for me, having to lock-out the tailcap gets irritating sometimes.
    FYI, you don't have to lock out the SC600 tailcap. The button is much more recessed and also takes more pressure to turn on. It is far different from any prior Zebralight and there is no way it would accidently turn on in your pocket. I've carried mine in my pocket many times and it has not turned on and I never lock it out. Trust me, it would be near impossible for an accidental turn on in the pocket.

ZebraLight SC600 is the best.

I don't have the SC600, because I chose to get a V20C instead, and I am happy with my choice. I know it's not as bright, but it's plenty bright for my needs, and I love the simplicity of the UI. It doesn't get much simpler than "Twist to on, continue twisting to desired brightness." So, I can't say for sure that I like the V20C better than the SC600, but I'm pretty sure I would if I had both

Sunwayman's V20C gets my vote for best 18650 light.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by dondulah View Post
    Thanks all, I may take a look down the road at the T20C2 or the SC600W but am sold on the Armytech Predator for now. Thanks for all of your input.
    Nice choice. They are new, but no other light offers the features that they do at such a good price. I HIGHLY recommend the High CRI XPG as your emitter choice. If you want super throw go with the smooth reflector, if you want a throw/spill balance and big hot spot go with the orange peel. I was accidentally shipped the OP reflector but found it better for my use then the smooth reflector that I had previously (it was one of the old defective ones). The programming is challenging, but if you need help I'm sure you will find it. Once you get the programming it's not so bad (and you don't have to program the light if you are happy with the default settings).

Quote Originally Posted by TyJo View Post
    Nice choice. They are new, but no other light offers the features that they do at such a good price. I HIGHLY recommend the High CRI XPG as your emitter choice. If you want super throw go with the smooth reflector, if you want a throw/spill balance and big hot spot go with the orange peel. I was accidentally shipped the OP reflector but found it better for my use then the smooth reflector that I had previously (it was one of the old defective ones). The programming is challenging, but if you need help I'm sure you will find it. Once you get the programming it's not so bad (and you don't have to program the light if you are happy with the default settings).
    Now that was some specific info I was looking for. Thanks a mill!

Flashaholic*

Now that was some specific info I was looking for. Thanks a mill!
    Just saw your other thread... make sure you do some research before you decide. I have found the extra lumens aren't worth the sacrifice in tint/CRI... some feel otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by tre View Post
    FYI, you don't have to lock out the SC600 tailcap. The button is much more recessed and also takes more pressure to turn on. It is far different from any prior Zebralight and there is no way it would accidently turn on in your pocket. I've carried mine in my pocket many times and it has not turned on and I never lock it out. Trust me, it would be near impossible for an accidental turn on in the pocket.
    my apologizes for that statement, thanks for correcting me.
    im really glad ZL has been able to do that. I still use my ZL headlamps all the time, and im definitely not a fan of locking them out all the time.

@ dondulah, congratz on the predator, i think its a really good deal for such a light. the predator has been out since the beginning of the year, and ive only seen 1 for resale on the marketplace.
    for me, its definitely a keeper, it actually replaced 3 of my lights.

if you have problem with programming it, theres a great youtube video by cheapsteel. (i hope i spelled that right)

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by TyJo View Post
    How much throw do you sacrifice with the orange peel reflector?

I normally buy floody lights, but the whole point of the predator is that it's a small thrower. If I can have the nicer beam and keep 90% of the throw, then the OP reflector is probably what I want.

--flatline

I'd like to recommend Skilhunt defier X1(XM-L). It has a gold-plated copper fins on the head
    performs very good heat dissipation. You can use the high mode for a long time without
    changing to med. or low mode due to heat.
    You can choose the reflector type between SMO and OP.

Quote Originally Posted by candle lamp View Post
    I'd like to recommend Skilhunt defier X1(XM-L). It has a gold-plated copper fins on the head
    performs very good heat dissipation. You can use the high mode for a long time without
    changing to med. or low mode due to heat.
    You can choose the reflector type between SMO and OP.
    It does look impressive. I wish it had a true low setting. Beautiful looking light though.

It does look impressive. I wish it had a true low setting. Beautiful looking light though.
    The light's low mode is higher than the low mode of the other lights, I think.
    According to the spec., the low is 100 lumens.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac_79 View Post
    I don't have the SC600, because I chose to get a V20C instead, and I am happy with my choice. I know it's not as bright, but it's plenty bright for my needs, and I love the simplicity of the UI. It doesn't get much simpler than "Twist to on, continue twisting to desired brightness." So, I can't say for sure that I like the V20C better than the SC600, but I'm pretty sure I would if I had both

Sunwayman's V20C gets my vote for best 18650 light.
    i really like the looks of the v20c, looks solid. can you comment on the build quality? i think its a good balance between size and output, yet with rugged looking construction. never held one yet though.

Flashaholic

New RRT-15 looks very promising. Can use CR123 if needed. Forward clicky switch with signaling possibility. Ring for infinite brightness control.

Quote Originally Posted by veedo View Post
    i really like the looks of the v20c, looks solid. can you comment on the build quality? i think its a good balance between size and output, yet with rugged looking construction. never held one yet though.
    I haven't subjected it to the bathtub or the sidewalk yet, but this light seems very solid to me. I really like the feel of it in my hand, it has a good weight to it that makes it seem sturdy. The threads are well made, the tailcap comes on and off very smoothly. The size is just about right for my hand, much smaller and it would be a little uncomfortable.

My favorite thing about the build of this light is the magnetic control ring. It operates extremely smoothly, and responds well. There is nothing cheap about the feel of it, it feels like it will last quite a long time.

We'll see how it holds up to use over time, but I have no doubt it will prove to be extremely durable.

That would be T20C Sunwayman. 438Ansi Lm and special build UI.
    Pics from the switch mechanism. (haven't seen this before in my other lights)

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by flatline View Post
    How much throw do you sacrifice with the orange peel reflector?

I normally buy floody lights, but the whole point of the predator is that it's a small thrower. If I can have the nicer beam and keep 90% of the throw, then the OP reflector is probably what I want.

--flatline
    I can't say because my old smooth light was defective (did not draw 1.5A). The OP predator can almost throw as far as my Fenix TK30 that I modded with a warm MCE, that's about the only comparison I have.
    EDIT: IIRC the smooth predator beamshots showed a pretty intense hotspot (which makes sense based on the deep reflector). If you primarily stick to floody lights I think the OP might be for you, it transitions well with a big hotspot, its a good beam. If you need a thrower get the smooth.
    Last edited by TyJo; 08-16-2011 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac_79 View Post
    I haven't subjected it to the bathtub or the sidewalk yet, but this light seems very solid to me. I really like the feel of it in my hand, it has a good weight to it that makes it seem sturdy. The threads are well made, the tailcap comes on and off very smoothly. The size is just about right for my hand, much smaller and it would be a little uncomfortable.

My favorite thing about the build of this light is the magnetic control ring. It operates extremely smoothly, and responds well. There is nothing cheap about the feel of it, it feels like it will last quite a long time.

We'll see how it holds up to use over time, but I have no doubt it will prove to be extremely durable.
    Hos is the output and throw on your Sunawayman?

Hos is the output and throw on your Sunawayman?
    I haven't done much real testing with it outside yet, but I will say that I really like the throw to flood ratio on this light. It doesn't have super throw, but it does throw really well, and has generous spill around the hot spot. I would say this is a well balanced light, maybe leaning a little to throw (for a light that can be edc'd).

The output is spectacular. It's more light than I would ever need indoors (the hot spot on max is too bright to look at comfortably inside), and plenty for most outside tasks as well. The low output seems higher than advertised, but still low enough to get around the bedroom without walking up my wife.
    Last edited by Bigmac_79; 08-16-2011 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Spelling

V20C for me!

Runner's up:

JB 3M XML
    ZL SC600
    Xeno G42V2
    TK21U2
    LT ED20
    Klarus XT10
    Olight i6

With so many good lights in the single 18650 range, very hard to decide! Choose what appeals to your senses and not just on the posts here. Was in the same shoes until i settled for the V20C coz it looks cool and the magnetic ring got sorted out. No PWM for this one!

Out of the lights mentioned I chose the Scorpion V2 with the turbohead. Awesome light.

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill1109 View Post
    V20C for me!

Runner's up:

JB 3M XML
    ZL SC600
    Xeno G42V2
    TK21U2
    LT ED20
    Klarus XT10
    Olight i6

With so many good lights in the single 18650 range, very hard to decide! Choose what appeals to your senses and not just on the posts here. Was in the same shoes until i settled for the V20C coz it looks cool and the magnetic ring got sorted out. No PWM for this one!

Roadkill. I have been looking for someone who has a Xeno G42V2. Is it possable to give us a small review? Maybe start a different post so this one isn't hi jacked. I'm interested in it's throw compared to some of the other high throw lights.

what you think about the xebra H600? against the sc600 it win or not? i love they but i considerer the H600 because it is more little and portable! you?

Quote Originally Posted by shortstack View Post
    EagleTac T20C2 MK II XM-L High Output!!!! when the newest best led comes out you can simply swap the drop-ins.
    +1000
    Eagletac P20C2 MKII, T20C2 MKII, T20C2 MKII & T100C2 MK II - Inova XO3 - Solarforce L2P & L2M - Jetbeam BC40 - Lumapower Trust 2 - C30 Flood-to-Throw AAA

my favourite set

Spark SL6S-740NW + Panasonic NCR18650A, 3100mAh + XTAR WP2 II

Last edited by gopajti; 01-25-2012 at 06:52 AM.

SC60w for EDC.
    SC600w for the wow factor.

G27

Klarus XT11 - Much better UI for me, no two handed op needed, all tail cap clicks, comes on in high, has full on or momentary, 600 lumens on high, ~ 100 on medium, and ~ 10 lumens on low, instant strobe access if needed. Has good throw, and good spill, excellent compromise in throw/flood.

Flashaholic*

I am a new owner and big an of the Eagletac G25C2. Solid tank of a light with a spectacular UI, lots of power, long runtimes and lots of fun accessories.

I was researching this very same thing (single 18650 light) and I just placed an order for the Zebralight SC600 because its small package, weight, and looks to have an easy enough UI. All the great reviews helped alot also. I bought it because I need something I can just throw in my pocket while I work and if its small enough maybe even as a EDC but I might get a Sunwayman M10R R5 for that. I didn't really need throw so that wasn't a huge priority for me.

Along these lines, any passionate thoughts on the 18650 batteries themselves? That Panasonic battery looks like a top contender; are there any others that stand out in terms of build quality, performance, high mAh ratings, etc.?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast