Why do I do this???

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Why can I not stop myself? Three new lights today. One two days ago, two a couple days before that! Much of it stuff I absolutely don't NEED! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
addiction is the road to oblivion.
but it is so much fun!
one method of surviving would be to sell some older lights on B/S/T ... keeps the costs down a bit and the fire burning ...
bernhard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheBeam

Enlightened
I don't know why you do.
I don't know why I do. 2 last night. At least 10 this week.

onelight

Enlightened
I know how you feel we really are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif got another X5T today (that makes 3) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif and another ARC-AAA (that makes 8) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif yesterday got another ARC-LS(my third) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gifday before that another TT1L(#-2) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gifI wonder why my family and friends think i'm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I wonder if there is a government program to help us ya think they have, light stamps? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
epro05 said:
Ever heard of Dr. Phil?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! I would love to see a flashaholic go on the Dr. Phil show and see what he has to say. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
well
if you really want help
might i suggest that you pay for my college tuition?
the most expensive light i own is the legend lx! and i only own 5 or 6 lights..
seriously.. think it over.. it's guaranteed to cut back on your habits!!!

-Ryan

Hotpockets

Newly Enlightened
Whenever I get a light I really like, I feel compelled to get at least one extra "just in case". I bought a coulpe of dspeck's UBH kits and I'm still trying to buy all the cool doo-dads that will screw onto 'em! Expensive,but very fun! And recently; 2arc AAA's, a TW4, and a nano-mate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

LEDependent

Enlightened
Losing one's wallet substantially cuts down on online credit card purchases. Paypal's the only other option, as it stores the credit card numbers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have slowed down on flashlight purchases for the moment because I am running out of money too fast! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

LightofMine

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:
well
if you really want help
might i suggest that you pay for my college tuition?
the most expensive light i own is the legend lx! and i only own 5 or 6 lights..
seriously.. think it over.. it's guaranteed to cut back on your habits!!!

-Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you are talking about. I am sending one daughter to college (and bought her a new car) and sending 2 grandchildren to private school. The private school cost more than college. So I am tuition (and books) poor right now. That is one of several reasons I don't buy Sure Fire flashlights. I have become a Streamlight fan. A lot more bang for your bucks. I also limit myself to 1 fashlight a month. This month I ordered a Streamlight TL-3 Xenon. I sometimes daydream of owning one of everything Streamlight makes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

James

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
JEEZ! I did it again!

In Wallyworld I saw a clip on headlight that I had seen with RED LEDs now in White. So I HAD to add it to my other stuff.

It has a three point head band, but isn't QUITE as comfortable as the Garrity 3AAA 2LED I got (jeez was it yesterday?). But the light output is much nicer with 3LEDS and no magnifying lense!

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been with the CPF for over a year now,
I have only purchased around 10 flashlights (the ones listed below and a Stoplight waiting for two BB500 R2H and Fraen optics) Not bad, eh?
One way to slow down on the flashlight purchases is to build your own! It took me a few weeks to get parts, blow up parts and replace parts until I had it done. A 2D M*g with Madmax+, a Luxeon R2H with a cut down reflector /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif That nasty thing will out throw my 5W Cyan 5D with 30mm optics.
My next build will be a red Luxeon in a Dorcy AAA light, if only the local Wal-Mart would stock it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif The ultimate "bathroom in the middle of the night" type thing. A very basic and simple mod, but it will be unique.
Sure I want an Arc AAA, Arc AA and a Surefire L4... my existing lights fill up the squares. Both Arcs will be in my future (for my wife and the car) the Surefire L4 will get crushed by the 2D Mag MM+ R2H...don't need it. Besides, the 2D will run 8 to 10 hours on $1.50 in batteries.
I would say to start building your own Playboy! It gives you options to custom make them to your needs and that eliminates the need to have many flashlights to cover your particular usage. You can fund the parts purchases by putting some of your lights in B/S/T. Give it a shot! Me? I am waiting for the Dorcy AAA.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I had some mild guilt about my recent purchase of an L4. I left it in the box for a week trying to decide whether to sell it or start carrying it. I have 3 other lights of similar size and output so why do I need this one? Well, with a great deal of work I was able to convince myself the L4's flat output curve would save me money over the long run. I generally toss my 123's when they get to about 3/4 used up and the light is looking ugly. There is also the fact it doesn't have a bulb that burns out every 15 hours. I figure that in about 3 years I will break even on the cost of the light compared to my E2E. When I was done ciphering I had convinced myself I couldn't afford to get rid of my L4 so it is now my EDC.