Burning Man

yowzer

Enlightened
Any other CPFers going to be at Burning Man this year? Interested in trying to meet up at some point? I'm only bringing 5 or 6 lights...

Imon

Enlightened
I was at a event somewhat like burning man a few years back with a speleological society I was with and I don't think most of the visitors (hippies :)) appreciate flashlights - it harshes their mellow. In fact, I used a latern with a candle to navigate around in the dark - hard to do while drunk :p
Anyways, hope you meet up with some cool hippy flashaholics. If you're lucky they won't be too drunk/blazed/rolling. Besides there will be more glowsticks there per square mile than a glowstick factory. If not just borrow someones flaming poi :laughing:

yowzer

Enlightened
BM is much more raver than hippy, at least at night.

I finally found a good use for strobe on a flashlight. Let's just say it involved a stripper pole...

And I found out about something called EL wire... copper wire with a phosphorous layer that glows when you run a mild current through it, that lots of people used to light up costumes and artwork. Better than GITD stuff!

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, popping on a real light at a party like that gets so serious eyeballers, I've always wanted to build pants with thousands of 5mm led's sewn in and some sort of music sensitive flashing show capability, I'm going to check out the EL wire!

LightSward

Flashlight Enthusiast
IgNITEor provides perimeter security with his Tank lights, etc., in conjunction with the Sheriff. At least on the outside, you can see some amazing lights. Someday I may bring the 36 inch Gorilla light for some fun "lightsward-beam" action.

6184701824_52a4337e51_z.jpg

Some of the brightest lights people can have

Here you can see the Tank Light named the Death Ray and the Baby Ray with the Mini LightSward and the Gorilla on the right.

Last edited:

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
BurningMan was awesome this year. I took a few Malkoffs (MD2s and MD4s with Oveready warm triple, M61, M60LF, HoundDog, and WildCat heads) and Hw60W headlights. They were WAY too bright when compared to what everyone else had there. On low they were still brighter than anything else I say some carrying around.

It was a great time.

The el wire stuff was everywhere. lighting up stuff from people to bikes to cars to art.