Spydie Chicago for EDC??

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
im looking for a general EDC knife. I dont ever carry my knives because i think theyre too big.
i have a leek, and delica which have about a 3 inch blade.

so i saw the spydie chicago, it has a 2 inch blade, deep pocket clip, liner lock, and looks like it can take alot of rough treatment, and of course it a spydie.

i cant find the dis-continued s30v versions anymore, but thats not a big deal to me.

anybody have any other suggestions on good, small folders. im leaving town for the weekend, so i would like to order one before then...a little present to myself when i get back LoL.

so some requirements to narrow it down....
must lock... frame-lock prefered, but liner lock is ok too.

want easy 1 hand operation.

2.5 inch blade max.
weight and price not really an issue.

these ive already ruled out....
ladybug, dragonfly, cricket, kershaw chive(the damascus model is really tempting, but i dont like the assisted opening).benchmite.

EDIT: i sold the chicago after about a week, and picked up a dragonfly g-10, and really like it alot, it hasnt left my side for a week.

Last edited:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the suggestion...
i didnt want to think about it anymore, and went ahead and ordered a chicago.

im still in my trial phase for folders, i dont like any of my 3 inch folders, so im going smaller to see how i like it.
if the chicago doesnt work out, ive already set my eyes on the foliage green dragonfly. heheh

GunnarGG

Enlightened
I have one of those foliage green dragonfly. It feels really nice and is very sharp.
You got me looking at that Chicago and maybe I also order one as a smaller alternative to the dragonfly.
Thte Cat also looks nice, it seems similar to the Dragonfly, at least the blade.

Faynard

Newly Enlightened
Kershaw chive? It's basically a mini leek. Kershaw's baby boa is another, almost the same size but a bit different form factor. I have and carry both of these. Great knives, fun to fiddle with (both assisted openers like the leek), and came quite sharp. The chive is a frame lock, the baby boa liner lock.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have a leek, i dont like its A/O, its fun, but dont trust it in my pocket, and i dont like using the blade lock heheh.

i picked up the chicago, sold it after a week. it just wasnt for me. picked up the G-10 dragonfly, i like that its super light weight, and slices well. but... thinking about selling it too LoL. picked up a para 2, its a little large for my everyday needs. but i really like it.

so the search for my EDC still goes on... i should just get a small sebenza and skip all the trial and error. LOL. i just cant get myself to pony up that much dough for a folder.... no matter how well built a smaller folder is, all are just inherently weak to me. :shrug: