Unique Titanium
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: JETBeam Intellicharge i4

Default Re: JETBeam Intellicharge i4

Quote Originally Posted by peterharvey73 View Post
    The original Intellicharger i4 Version 1 had a silver badge on the top left hand corner with blue lettering.
    The new Version 2 has a canary yellow badge with black lettering.
    Thanks peterharvey. Hopefully, that's what I receive from goinggear since I specifically asked them if they had the 2nd Gen Version 2 before I ordered.
    Last edited by HIDblue; 04-08-2012 at 01:11 PM.
    My dog ate my flashlight...

Quote Originally Posted by HKJ View Post
    I would say no, without testing it.
    Thanks... I think that I will receive mine tomorrow

SFMI4UT
    Zebralight Spark Princeton Inova Petzl Maglite Bushnell 4 XM-L MagMod and a lot of Cree XM-L Lights Nitecore i4 Intellicharger Intl-outdoor 3400 Panasonic 3100 Bare and protected Samsung 3000 Sanyo 2600
    Please, respect the planet, dont kill animals...

Just received my Gen 2 Intellicharger from goinggear and it does have the new canary yellow sticker as peterharvey pointed out. I'm currently charging some 18650's in it right now.

Still waiting on mine. In the mean time I am trying to charge up for new eagletac 18650s with a single bay charger so I can try out my new TM11. Working 12 hour shifts isn't making that to easy. PURE TORTURE I TELL YA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HIDblue View Post
    Just received my Gen 2 Intellicharger from goinggear and it does have the new canary yellow sticker as peterharvey pointed out. I'm currently charging some 18650's in it right now.
    Have you run a set of batteries through it yet? Impressions? I am planning on picking up some enloopes as well. I still have a few AA lights. What attracted me to this charger is the ability to not only charge different size batteries but different types.

Quote Originally Posted by HIDblue View Post
    Would you be charging these cells for your TM11 tiny monster?
    "Light up the Darkness"

Just received mine from bugoutgearusa I will test it tonight.

http://img.tapatalk.com/be79ef9a-8fa7-5638.jpg
    http://img.tapatalk.com/be79ef9a-8fbe-0db1.jpg

Your images are huge they have been replaced with a links
    See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Norm

Last edited by Norm; 04-11-2012 at 03:35 AM.
    Zebralight Spark Princeton Inova Petzl Maglite Bushnell 4 XM-L MagMod and a lot of Cree XM-L Lights Nitecore i4 Intellicharger Intl-outdoor 3400 Panasonic 3100 Bare and protected Samsung 3000 Sanyo 2600

Got mine around a week ago. So far its been working perfectly(knock on wood), I've only simultaneously charged 1x 18650, and 2x 16340's.

Quote Originally Posted by luvbelly View Post
    Have you run a set of batteries through it yet? Impressions? I am planning on picking up some enloopes as well. I still have a few AA lights. What attracted me to this charger is the ability to not only charge different size batteries but different types.
    Yup, charged up four (4) Eagletac 3100 18650 batteries in it last night and I'm currently charging four (4) AW RCR123 batts in it right now. It's very convenient and I like the individual charging status indicator lights above each battery slot, although I'm not sure what the ending voltage is off the charger. I loaned out my multimeter to a buddy and still haven't gotten it back yet.

I still haven't tried charging up my Eneloops in the intellicharger, but I'm impressed with the flexibility and capability to handle four (4) batts a time. Plus, it was half the price of my Pila.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, I just charged an AW 18650, AW RCR123, AW14500 and an AW10440 all at the same time and it seemed to work without a hitch. Now, that's something I've never been able to do all at once, especially on one charger.

Quote Originally Posted by Draven451 View Post
    Would you be charging these cells for your TM11 tiny monster?
    You guessed it draven451! And what a pleasant surprise it was when I turned the TM11 on Turbo
    Last edited by HIDblue; 04-10-2012 at 08:20 PM.

I ordered one from Amazon UK for £20 , before i saw this post

So i emailed the company "fireflyextreme" and told them about the problems with the v1 of this charger with a link to this thread and asked if my charger was a v1 or v2, below is the reply.

John.

------------- Begin message -------------

John,
    Yes this is the new version. I did have problems with some of the original batch and have been waiting quite a while for the new version, a batch of which arrived yesterday. They are actually branded as 'Nitecore' not 'JETBeam' but they are both made by Sysmax, they probably manufactured the Nitecore branded ones first as that is their 'premium' branding. We are official distributors and our products come direct from the factory.

Regards,

Kevin
    Intellicharge i4 - LaCrosse BC-900 - MaHa C9000 - Charge Manager 2010 - Vanson Speedy Box - Accumanger 10 and 20 -Thunder AC6
    Solar - GoalZero Nomad 7 + Guide10 - Powerfilm USB+AA Solar Charger

Quote Originally Posted by Changchung View Post
    Just received mine from bugoutgearusa I will test it tonight.

http://img.tapatalk.com/be79ef9a-8fa7-5638.jpg
    http://img.tapatalk.com/be79ef9a-8fbe-0db1.jpg

Your images are huge they have been replaced with a links
    See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Norm

Hi Norm, I really sorry about this, I know the rules, I cant reduce the size of my pics takes them with my iphone and post it with tapatalk. I did not that this was happen.

SFMI4UT

I just wondering if I can charge different chemistry batteries at same time. 2 AA and 2 18650?

SFMI4UT

Hi guys, I will like to leave the same question here that I leave in the cpfmp, I am wondering about this, take it from the manual received in the box and the previous manual, the v1 had a max charge current of 1000mha but cant charge 4 li-ion at the same time, but charging one or two batteries take less time than The v2. The v2 had a max current charge of 750mha can charge 4 li-ion but take longer to charge 2 bateries than the v1.

I just ask? Is this an improvement?

SFMI4UT

Hi guys, I will like to leave the same question here that I leave in the cpfmp, I am wondering about this, take it from the manual received in the box and the previous manual, the v1 had a max charge current of 1000mha but cant charge 4 li-ion at the same time, but charging one or two batteries take less time than The v2. The v2 had a max current charge of 750mha can charge 4 li-ion but take longer to charge 2 bateries than the v1.

I just ask? Is this an improvement?
    Depends on what batteries you charge, for 16340 and 14500 it is an improvement.
    My website with flashlight, battery and charger information: lygte-info.
    More than 200 battery reviews and 80 charger reviews.
    Compare 18650 LiIon batteries or smaller (RCR123, 16340, 14500, 10450) LiIon batteries.

Flashaholic

I have the Version one and was disappointed when I first tried to Charge 4 Lions at once. Everything started flashing but with a little on line research I learned of the problem with
    the 120 volt feed. I have since tried it with the 12 volt DC feed and it charges 4 Lions fine. While it's a bit of a pain but I have a DC supply on my bench and that's the way I use it.

Just my $0.02

Quote Originally Posted by walterr839 View Post
    I have the Version one and was disappointed when I first tried to Charge 4 Lions at once. Everything started flashing but with a little on line research I learned of the problem with
    the 120 volt feed. I have since tried it with the 12 volt DC feed and it charges 4 Lions fine. While it's a bit of a pain but I have a DC supply on my bench and that's the way I use it.

Just my $0.02
    I think that you can send it back for a replacement... This version had a recall. Check the cpfmp

SFMI4UT

Charging 4 sony 18650 2200mah since yesterday at 7:17pm

SFMI4UT

Charging 4 sony 18650 2200mah since yesterday at 7:17pm
    It is not the fastest charger around, for 3100mAh it is nearly 11 hours:
    Compare 18650 LiIon batteries or smaller (RCR123, 16340, 14500, 10450) LiIon batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by HKJ View Post
    It is not the fastest charger around, for 3100mAh it is nearly 11 hours:
    Mine is taking more of that, 30 minutes ago finish one at 4,19v 3 left, in 30 minutes count 24 hours... Look stranged...

Edit; second one ready, cut at 4,18v
    Edit 2; third one ready, cut at 4,18v
    Edit 3; last one charged with 4,18v

SFMI4UT
    Last edited by Changchung; 04-12-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Mine is taking more of that, 30 minutes ago finish one at 4,19v 3 left, in 30 minutes count 24 hours... Look stranged...

Edit; second one ready, cut at 4,18v
    Strange, are you using 110VAC?
    My test was with 230VAC and I am doing a 110VAC test now (Until now it does look like the 230VAC).

Yes. 110v took more than 24 hours...

Edit: Next time I will try with a 12v external power supply.

SFMI4UT

Flashaholic*

I wonder how many folks are honestly keeping a vigil over their 4 cell chargers loaded up with 18650's for 11 plus (or 24??!!) hours.

Something tells me that Rule #1 is being broken frequently by Intellicharge i4 users.

(#1: Don't charge unattended)

Worse, no doubt some|most are sleeping through the process.

Quote Originally Posted by tandem View Post
    I wonder how many folks are honestly keeping a vigil over their 4 cell chargers loaded up with 18650's for 11 plus (or 24??!!) hours.

Something tells me that Rule #1 is being broken frequently by Intellicharge i4 users.

(#1: Don't charge unattended)

Worse, no doubt some|most are sleeping through the process.

Hi, I check it closely, but I cant stay 24 hours watching a charger? In fact, I almost take out of the charger in the exactly moment when the batteries are charged.

PD I build a box with fans that keep the charger and batteries cool

SFMI4UT

Flashaholic*

Hi, I check it closely, but I cant stay 24 hours watching a charger?
    Exactly. For that very reason I'd say this particular charger should be generally considered unsafe for most users.

Mine arrived tonight and I just loaded it up with four new eagletac 3100s (they are white now?). Currious to see how long a charge takes with four in there.

Mine arrived tonight and I just loaded it up with four new eagletac 3100s (they are white now?). Currious to see how long a charge takes with four in there.
    Let us know how long it take...

SFMI4UT

Quote Originally Posted by tandem View Post
    Exactly. For that very reason I'd say this particular charger should be generally considered unsafe for most users.
    Good point, I made a metal box with fans the avoid heat problems and prevent possible fire due a explosion, maybe I exaggerate, but it's safer that way...

SFMI4UT

Yes. 110v took more than 24 hours...
    24 hours is definitely not within specifications for the charger. I used about 11 hours to charger 4 x 3100mAh batteries.

What voltage is the 110V exactly? In my test it is 107V and only 50Hz

I just received my charger yesterday. It's first use, last night, was with four new eagletac 3100s. Sorry, I did not test the starting voltage but charge time was just a hair under four hours. The charger did get warm but never approached any temp that would concern me. Same goes for the batteries. I would have to describe the temp shift on them during the charge as "slightly" warm to the touch. First use it did exactly what I wanted it to and appears to have done it well. Now to go pick up some enloopes and give them a try.

Now to go pick up some enloopes and give them a try.
    It also works fine with eneloop:

But I wonder how it terminates, it does not look like a -dv/dt.

Here is a look at the last few minutes of the charge:
    Last edited by HKJ; 04-14-2012 at 08:40 AM.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast