Foxfury Scout
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nitecore T0 (AAA)

Default Re: Nitecore T0 (AAA)

does this mean Nitecore's other latest offerings are just around the bend? I have been waiting anxiously with credit card in hand....

Flashaholic*

Looks like a more stylish E01. I like the looks... have to wait to see how well it works. I love my D10-R2, but I've heard so much negative about Nightcore's more recent products that I'm leery of buying one before the reviews. Unless it's at a E01 price point, which, given a Ti bezel, seems unlikely.

Really?? Do we need another low level twisty AAA? How about a clicky AAA with 10440 support?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by slate View Post
    Really?? Do we need another low level twisty AAA? How about a clicky AAA with 10440 support?
    I'd like to see more simple twisty AAAs that are low level. None of this 12 lumen stuff. 1-2 lumens, or less. There doesn't seem to be much in that market besides the Peak Eiger.

Flashaholic*

You must eat your carrots..! 10-12 lumens is low enough for me. It looks like a decked out E01. If its more than 20 bucks count me out.

i likey! if the tint isnt purple, and the beam is smooth, ill definitely pick up a few. the orange one has my name all over it.

i also agree 12 lumens is pretty bright for a keychain light. 2-5 lumens would be ideal for me, but thats just me.

wouldnt it be great if they came out with red, amber, UV, similar to the photons.

Did the text say that it is POTABLE? I would love to drink it.

Nice looking but I am happy with my Preon ReVO. I have given up on Nitecore after all the QC issues I faced with their recent editions.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

Flashaholic

apparently it tailstands
    I don't get the anti-roll -- it looks to me like it would roll. Is the knurling that gnarly, or am I missing something? Maybe it's "no-slip" lost in translation?

Flashaholic*

for some reason it just looks ugly. I sorta wish more companies would do something with the CREE 5mm LEDs instead of the nichia's. The beam on the cree 5mm are a better than the nichia IMO
    A blog on small pocket tools, keychain gadgets and more!

http://keychainpockets.blogspot.com/

the tail design reminds me of Sunway R01A. Beside that, why nitecore did not use latest cree XRE / XPG on their AAA ?

T0 price approx.: 12-14 USD
    Last edited by gopajti; 08-26-2011 at 04:02 AM.

Well you certainly can't complain about the price. I just always feel a little teased when I see these faux tailstanding poses!

These look great to me. I will be getting at least one. The Ti alloy head looks awesome. Honestly I dont understand what useful application 1-2 lumens really has for the general public. for me this will make a great backup light easy to carry not gonna break the bank and your getting titanium for $14.00? Plus we finally get another Arc style keychain lug thats not off center. On a keychain or in pocket do you all really like to have your light hanging cock-eyed?

Hmmm, I like it! I might have my stocking stuffers.

As much as I dislike the purple tint of the Nichia, you're not going to find a more efficient 5mm LED anywhere. Hopefully they potted the head.

The fact that it has the same design/runtime as the E01, makes me suspect we will find the same driver inside as well.

Scout24, are you up to another torture test to see if this upstart can supplant the E01? I'll make a donation.

Oh! And how about a Ti body to match the head?

Quote Originally Posted by leon2245 View Post
    Well you certainly can't complain about the price. I just always feel a little teased when I see these faux tailstanding poses!
    Well, it might just work if you'd be willing to take shallow breaths and/or spin them for gyroscopic stabilization.

I'd consider buying a pink one for my daughter.
    What? Me? Derail a thread?

Looks nice, but I wonder what's the regulated runtime with NiMH? Tint bin? No knurling on the head means poor grip, also I don't see any "anti-roll design" they advertise.

Perhaps OP knows something more..?

Cheers,

Tam

I love older Nitecore lights but to me the new ones are far too generic looking. I liked the individuality of the older lights. They didn't just copy the trend. Shame. Still hopeful about the other new lights.

It seems that a sneeze from a few blocks away would make that fall.

For the price I think it is do-able

Flashaholic*

About time nitecore released some new lights, hopefully this will be the first of many
    I cannot pretend to feel impartial about tint colours. I rejoice with the brilliant ones and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns.
    ~Sir Winston Churchill

Flashaholic*

Is it just me or is the branding a little bit blatant ?

Seems a bit odd to go to the trouble of making those nice anodised colours only to plaster a horrible huge white logo all over the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshadow View Post
    Is it just me or is the branding a little bit blatant ?

Seems a bit odd to go to the trouble of making those nice anodised colours only to plaster a horrible huge white logo all over the side.
    Agreed.

I also don't like the styling of their main website (uk one is o.k) It looks a bit cheap and cheerful.

It doesn't so much feel like I'm looking at the "worlds professional flashlight website" but more like I'm browsing LIDL lol
    Last edited by Sarlix; 08-26-2011 at 11:37 AM.
    New CPF ruins all my fun :-(

Quark is....

Quote Originally Posted by Sarlix View Post
    more like I'm browsing LIDL lol

I'm in for one for my keychain. They have taken the E01 (which has been on my keys for ages) and solved the two main possible durability issues IMO: the soft alu head (mine is getting really beat up from falling on concrete) and the somewhat flimsy split-ring hole. If this thing works just like the E01, which it looks like it does, I am putting one on my keys and the E01 will go in my BoB with my other E01s. Where do I get one?

I will get one IF the tint/beam is good. I don't care how long it runs,how good it's built, how cheep it is or how bright / dim it is. If the tint sucks I will not use it.
    What a great day to be outside.

What, no titanium version? Jeeeesh

I like 5mm lights. Not sure about that tail standing thing.

Oups.
    Last edited by Calina; 08-26-2011 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slate View Post
    That is what I've been waiting for (for years now) with a Fenix LD10 U.I. or something close to it. A multi level light that can be turned on, eitheir on high or low.
    Last edited by Calina; 08-26-2011 at 11:40 PM.