Flashlight Enthusiast
T0_en4.jpg

T0_en.jpg

T0_en10.jpg

more info
http://nitecore.com/goods_detail.php?id=27

saypat

Enlightened
does this mean Nitecore's other latest offerings are just around the bend? I have been waiting anxiously with credit card in hand....

yowzer

Enlightened
Looks like a more stylish E01. I like the looks... have to wait to see how well it works. I love my D10-R2, but I've heard so much negative about Nightcore's more recent products that I'm leery of buying one before the reviews. Unless it's at a E01 price point, which, given a Ti bezel, seems unlikely.

yowzer

Enlightened
Really?? Do we need another low level twisty AAA? How about a clicky AAA with 10440 support?

I'd like to see more simple twisty AAAs that are low level. None of this 12 lumen stuff. 1-2 lumens, or less. There doesn't seem to be much in that market besides the Peak Eiger.

ragweed

Enlightened
You must eat your carrots..! 10-12 lumens is low enough for me. It looks like a decked out E01. If its more than 20 bucks count me out.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i likey! if the tint isnt purple, and the beam is smooth, ill definitely pick up a few. the orange one has my name all over it.

i also agree 12 lumens is pretty bright for a keychain light. 2-5 lumens would be ideal for me, but thats just me.

wouldnt it be great if they came out with red, amber, UV, similar to the photons.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did the text say that it is POTABLE? I would love to drink it.

Nice looking but I am happy with my Preon ReVO. I have given up on Nitecore after all the QC issues I faced with their recent editions.

pepekraft

Newly Enlightened
apparently it tailstands :)
I don't get the anti-roll -- it looks to me like it would roll. Is the knurling that gnarly, or am I missing something? Maybe it's "no-slip" lost in translation?

hazna

Enlightened
for some reason it just looks ugly. I sorta wish more companies would do something with the CREE 5mm LEDs instead of the nichia's. The beam on the cree 5mm are a better than the nichia IMO

njet212

Enlightened
the tail design reminds me of Sunway R01A. Beside that, why nitecore did not use latest cree XRE / XPG on their AAA ?

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well you certainly can't complain about the price. I just always feel a little teased when I see these faux tailstanding poses!

2mgm78p.jpg

:scowl:

purelite

Enlightened
These look great to me. I will be getting at least one. The Ti alloy head looks awesome. Honestly I dont understand what useful application 1-2 lumens really has for the general public. for me this will make a great backup light easy to carry not gonna break the bank and your getting titanium for $14.00? Plus we finally get another Arc style keychain lug thats not off center. On a keychain or in pocket do you all really like to have your light hanging ****-eyed?

Zendude

Enlightened
Hmmm, I like it! I might have my stocking stuffers.

As much as I dislike the purple tint of the Nichia, you're not going to find a more efficient 5mm LED anywhere. Hopefully they potted the head.

The fact that it has the same design/runtime as the E01, makes me suspect we will find the same driver inside as well.

Scout24, are you up to another torture test to see if this upstart can supplant the E01? I'll make a donation. :whistle:

Oh! And how about a Ti body to match the head?:devil:

GaAslamp

Enlightened
Well you certainly can't complain about the price. I just always feel a little teased when I see these faux tailstanding poses! :scowl:

Well, it might just work if you'd be willing to take shallow breaths and/or spin them for gyroscopic stabilization. ;)

tam17

Enlightened
Looks nice, but I wonder what's the regulated runtime with NiMH? Tint bin? No knurling on the head means poor grip, also I don't see any "anti-roll design" they advertise.

Perhaps OP knows something more..? :sssh:

Cheers,

Tam

Acid87

Enlightened
I love older Nitecore lights but to me the new ones are far too generic looking. I liked the individuality of the older lights. They didn't just copy the trend. Shame. Still hopeful about the other new lights.

ico

Enlightened
It seems that a sneeze from a few blocks away would make that fall.

For the price I think it is do-able