Airsoft Flashaholics - You Out There?

Darkcobra

Enlightened
Every time an issue about airsoft comes, its seems that a lot of CPF'ers can chime in on the subject. I Just wanted to check and see how many of us CPF'ers also share the interest in Airsoft Mil-Sim and being able to shine those bright flashlights during those CQB games...
I've got 5 AEG's (Automatci Electric Gun) and 2 GBB (Gas BB gun?).

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Bushman said:
What ARE airsoft guns??????

[/ QUOTE ]

my sentiments exactly...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
then why not call it paintball? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i love paintballing!
i don't get to do it often, but when i do, i have a great time (which means i usually end up winning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I don't 'PLAY' Airsoft (don't have any AEGs or great pistols anyway). But I do use them to stay sharp, a lot of snap shooting and precision shooting. The cheapy gas guns I have are a HOOT!

By the way, Airsoft are realistic looking guns (be very careful, a cop could blow you away holding one of these!) plastic (mostly) pistols, rifles, sixguns and even shotguns that shoot 6mm plastic BBs or the same diameter Paintballs. The Heavyweight guns (I have a couple 'heavy' pistols) feel almost real, particularly the guns such as the Glocks, H&K P series and other makes with Poly frames.

VERY realistic wargames are played with Airsoft!!! But as I said, I use them to stay sharp!

Darkcobra

Enlightened
I apologize for not explaing what airsoft guns are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif Airsoft guns are 1:1 replicas of real guns wether they be pistol or rifles. They are most likely powered by batteries and shoot 6mm plastic BB's anywhere from 270fps to about 400fps. Airsoft is more like playing Army when I was a little kid. The guns look very very real! We play games like "paintball", but is geared more to being tactical and replicating real life military. I guess I never out-grew playing Army. The hobby/sport is still pretty much underground as the hobby originated in Japan if I am not mistaken. Since I have joined CPF, I'm usually the one that brings flashlights that are superior in brightness and look the most "tactical". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Again, I just wanted to see who else plays airsoft mil-sim games.
PJS - I also have a Para Ordnance (gas gun) which is almost a split image of my real PA that I use for Limited IPSC shooting, I use it to practice my draws.

unnerv

Enlightened
Count me in. I got hooked bad last year. Right now I have a tricked out SR16 and MP5 RAS, M11 CQBII, and a Wilson hicap with all metal parts, so it kicks close to a .22 pistol.

Airsoft is different from paintball in that the projectile leaves no mark, so a "hit" is called on the persons honor. The games are typically more geared towards a mission and teamwork rather than just shooting at each other (military simulation or "milsim")

The AEG's (Automatic Electric Guns) and automatic gas guns are capable of shooting 600-1200 rounds a minute, and I have yet to hand my m11 to someone and have them empty a 50 round mag in 3 seconds that did not have a huge grin on their face.

I'll see if I can throw some pics and vids up tonight when I get home for you guys to check out.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
so it's essentially paintball without the paint?
how much is ammmo?

do you need to wear masks and such?
i would assume not haveing the big co2 thing is a plus.

i just love paintball, but this sounds like quite a bit of fun also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Darkcobra

Enlightened
I've played tournament paintball, but its starting to wear on my aging knees and $30-$50 a case of paint gets pretty expensive! Airsoft guns use rechargeable batteries and BB's only cost about $13-$15 for a bag of about 3700 BB's.
It's a bunch of fun! The Honor System is the base of the game, without it? The game loses its fun.....
unnerv - where do you usually play? Combat Enterprise games? PBA or do you guys have your own field? We have our own private team CQB building... The landlord will soon loose his lease on it though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif No more CQB next month....

6pOriginal

Enlightened
I have a SP M40A1, TM CAR-15 (falling apart...lol) and a Glock 18c, but living in a dorm, I didn't dare to bring them with me.

Rothrandir,
Most people wear goggles, some wear masks (like myself, and I am a sniper...lol). Back in the days when airsoft first started, there were no "automatic electric guns", and the guns back then were powered by gas and you would see people with big scuba tanks and stuff like that, but you will hardly ever see something like that anymore since most of us use AEGs which are powered by batteries. Most pistols are still powered by gas, but they have internal gas tanks on the magazine, and they are very realistic (especially if you get one with metal body) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
man, this sounds like fun!

cheaper to feed? that's good!
that's the main reason i don't go paintballing much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

i'd love to get into this, but don't know of anyone or anywhere around here to do so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
how much are guns?

6pOriginal

Enlightened
Rothrandir,
You can go to http://www.airsoftplayers.com , they have a player database there, you can search for players in your area.

For the guns, the AEGs are around $250-300, for a metal body AEG it's around $350. But then this can vary alot too, since we have so many different kind of guns, from pistols to machine guns to sniper rifles.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
$300 huh?
i'll pass /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

maybe one day i'll have friends that are able to do this also and i can go for it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Darkcobra

Enlightened
Taking into account the cost of Real guns or tournament styled paintball guns which can be in the $1500+ range. $250-$300 doesn't sound too bad, hehehe.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i rent when i go paintballing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

any chance we could scedule this for the 2004 ss?
i'd probably be murdered by all the military vets here though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif (although, i've paintballed with an old marine, and i more than held my own /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

unnerv

Enlightened
Darkcobra I usually play with combat enterprises most of the time. Went to a PBA game once but the rampant cheating and disorganization of the game kept me from going back to any of their games. That is too bad about your CQB house. I have not had much CQB time mostly outdoor. I was talking to Dave from Combat Enterprises a couple of weeks back, and he is planning on having CQB in the fort ord prison once a month starting next month I think. It would be cool to play with another flashaholic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif If you have a good sized group, maybe we can organize a private game though combat enterprise. I think you only need about 15 players and the field that we play at (sequoia - used to be woodstalk for the paintballers...) is a very cool field. I have 9 guys that I can probably get together if you have six...otherwise I hope to see you out there sometime at a weekend game. Here is a pic of me from the last game I played. I'm on the right.

24.jpg

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've played with these before but I don't own any "real" guns. Usually , I fool around with my friends' guns. Most of my friends own the mechanical "**** and Shoot" type but I have seen CO2 gas powered ones before. One friend of mine has a cheap electric gun that runs on 4 AA batteries. That thing now has a bad trigger. Pull the trigger now and it keeps shooting until you push it back to the "OFF" position or when it runs out of ammo. He now has a rifle.
For me, I have found out airsoft pellets fit into Mc Donald's or In and Out straws very snugly so I just keep a few BBs with me and a straw for a blow gun. (Don't Laugh, I've shot over 50 feet with a straw and was able to break a light bulb at 20 feet!)
P.S. I shot my dad in the arm from across the living room when he was sleeping on the couch and later, he shot me in the back of the neck from 5 feet away. That Really Hurt! (Don't do this to your dad!)