Victorinox MiniChamp + Leatherman Squirt P4 => Alternative

tusenkonstnar

Newly Enlightened
I usually have a MiniChamp on my keychain, the scissors are the best I've found, I also use the bottle opener, screwdriver and the tweezers regually.
What I do miss although is a small plier whick means that when traveling I "must" also bring the Squirt P4 for smaller jobs.
I would REALLY like to be able to have just one tool in the same small size that combines the functions above.
Anyone that can give a suggestion of how to solve this problem?

tam17

Enlightened
Maybe LM Squirt PS4? It's quite new model. I'm not sure about quality of scissors though.

Cheers,

T.

fyrstormer

Banned
You can do better than the Squirt, but you'll have to camp on eBay for a few weeks. The SeberTool M4 is the best pocket multi-tool I've ever seen. I used my first one for a full decade before one of the handles broke off from sheer fatigue.

HAH! Sheer fatigue! Get it! It's funny, 'cause it's metal...

*cough* Anyway, it was so good I didn't even bother looking for a newer replacement (okay, that's a lie), and I went straight to eBay and bought three spares because the company that made them went out of business. Too good of a product at too low of a price, I say. Can't make money like that.

tusenkonstnar

Newly Enlightened
I have now ordered a Squirt PS4, hopefully I find some way to modifyit so it can contain a pin and tweezers. Planning on "stealing" tweezers from a small Victorinox

Imon

Enlightened
I've been carrying a Leatherman Squirt P4 in my right pocket and a Leatherman Micra in my left pocket for about one and a half years now. A great combo. The Micra has a very good pair of cutters. I cut zip ties with my Micra all the time.

I've been bummed out though since the Leatherman Squirt P4 has been discontinued for awhile. I really like it and I would like to get my hands on a spare but I want a fairly reasonable price for one.

tam17

Enlightened
Now I have got the Squirt PS4 and I have modified it so that it contains a Victorninox minichamp tweezer and a pin. Works excellent! Thanks for the suggestion!

I'm glad you like it :) I'll have to wait for a while since it's still not available here.

Cheers,

Tam

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
sebertech t10 is the new name of the m4.. or so i think i saw mentioned somewhere. (gonna google tomorrow if i was right or not, its 3 am now.. going to bed.)

They are now made by IDL tools, not sure if they are of the same quality or USA made, but it's the IDL T10.

landwomble

Newly Enlightened
Now I have got the Squirt PS4 and I have modified it so that it contains a Victorninox minichamp tweezer and a pin. Works excellent! Thanks for the suggestion!

Oooh. Pics, please. Have been EDCing a P4 for years, recently combined with a Victorinox Cybertool. Pin/tweezers would be great for keyring-only EDC...

fyrstormer

Banned
sebertech t10 is the new name of the m4.. or so i think i saw mentioned somewhere. (gonna google tomorrow if i was right or not, its 3 am now.. going to bed.)
They are now made by IDL tools, not sure if they are of the same quality or USA made, but it's the IDL T10.
The design was sold to a different company, which proceeded to ignore all the tolerance requirements and essentially produced a piece of junk that vaguely resembled the original. At least, the two I bought from them were that way. Such is life.

tusenkonstnar

Newly Enlightened
To bad that the Leathermans scissors ar several steps below the quality of the scissors on a SAK. If this would not have been the case I would have stayed with ONLY using a Leatherman