Incredible Sunset at Folly Beach before Hurricane Irene

X Racer

Enlightened
Shot this image on Folly Beach just outside of Charleston, SC last week. Hurricane Irene can be seen looming on the horizon, and this scene was anything but peaceful and serene the following morning...

The Calm - Folly Beach Sunset, Charleston, SC by Dave Allen Photography, on Flickr

Can't wait to go back to the area as I found quite a few other things there I'd like to capture as well...

Last edited:

xul

Enlightened
That is as good as I've ever seen. In movies and literature trees represent souls, and this pic speaks volumes.

X Racer

Enlightened
Thanks guys!

@gtjonathan - Nothing changed in this image, just minor contrast/color tweaks (which is always necessary since I shoot RAW). Shutter speed was about 2.5sec to get the water movement in the foreground.

Here is another image showing the last few minutes of this amazing sunset a little further down the beach:

Folly Beach Sunset - Charleston, SC by Dave Allen Photography, on Flickr

For those of you who dig landscape stuff, I've got another image on the front page of www.outdoorphotographer.com again (the 4th time this year!)

Terai

Newly Enlightened
The photos is so amazing, it looks like something from a calender

aba1

Newly Enlightened
these pictures are really of wonderful beauty.
May I ask what aperture setting you used for the second one?

thanks!

N10

Newly Enlightened
Amazing shots dude! keep em coming! I was just wandering,how many shots do you take of the same "frame" to finally end up with each of those pictures or do you only take single shots as opposed to choosing from multiple pictures? I'm assuming your also using a tripod.