CPF COUPONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuyeah

Enlightened
Not name names, I just would like to see general response on this. How would you feel when dealers charge price higher then Manufacture offering price (without discount price). After their promised CPF 10% coupon. $140 purchase only reflect about $3 dollars difference.

xManufacture offer xlight $128
Dealer offer offer xlight at $139.98 X CPF 10% offer = $125.98

CPF members, What do you think?

Last edited:

wuyeah

Enlightened
Over 50+ ppl vew it and no one speak out. I am gonna speak out and I am very upset!

I am here as a CPF member reading and learning about flashlights. After reading flashlight purchase is unavoidable for any Flashaholic here. For years I did not know about the CPF member coupon. I am fine with purchase any light at full price without discount but I cannot tolerate dealers who promised a discount and at the same time selling item above manufacture msrp. I am also fine with dealers who honestly inform me that they do not offer any CPF discount. It's either offering it or don't. CPF members never force any dealers to provide discount. Dealers offer them as sign of appreciation to our business so we will always come back. It is totally understandable. They helping us with good deal, we helping them stay in business. That is how the whole thing suppose works.

Manipulate pricing as such defeat the purpose and also not fair to dealers who offer good pricing for us.

When manufacture provide products to dealers as big batch till providing us discount, dealers should still making a profit out of selling. If price is so close, why not buy directly from Manufactures to let them earn more profit in order to develop and provide better light for us. We have dealers corner as recommendation to everyone who are interested in purchase lights. If any dealers who have and keep on going this kind of price manipulation, I suggest to speak out and take them out. Help dealers who truly and honestly appreciate us.

Enough said.

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Truth be told, I can't recall ever using a CPF discount code. Quite often the price isn't the issue, but the shipping is. The discount code doesn't come close to offsetting the difference in shipping cost to Australia between one dealer and another.

I buy based on the total cost, not the price of the light in question. If the dealer charges $5 more for a light than the manufacturer, but charges $15 less for shipping, then I'll happily buy from the dealer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.