Review Solarforce L2T - latest in the L2 series

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
100_3106.jpg

The Solarforce L2T , the latest version in the L2 series offered by Solarforce . The L2 series has gained a following among-st flashaholics seeking value for money hosts , either for custom , self built or 3rd party P60 drop ins , allowing for semi custom lights to be assembled that better meet user requirements .

And the latest is the L2T , it is fully compatible with the other hosts in the L2 series and swapping parts should not be a problem , I was able to replace the bezel , tailcap , and head with those from a stock L2 , making the L2T fully LEGO compatible [ LEGO = Parts interchange allowing for customizing the host ]

1003104z.jpg

Pictured L2T body with stock L2 head and tailcap .

1003103m.jpg

L2T with stainless steel L2 bezel .

One of the greatest selling points of the L2 series has to be the LEGO-ability of the lights , allowing people to customize there lights to make them more personal , one should never under estimate the need of people to customize .

1003081l.jpg

L2T as it arrived .. Perhaps a little lightly packaged , but came relatively quickly - not waiting to long is nice .

1003087o.jpg

1003089q.jpg

1003092w.jpg

Very well machined threads .

1003091.jpg

1003099m.jpg

1003093.jpg

100_3098.jpg

100_3097.jpg

100_3096.jpg

1003102b.jpg

Left to Right = Stock L2 with SS bezel , L2P and then the L2T

The finish on the L2T is very mat , and it feels almost dry to the touch , and that seems to offer just a little bit more of a secure feel , as the stock L2 and even the L2P are more slick [ slippery feeling - if I can say that ] , this mat finish just feels warm and secure . The knurling and surface finish are just great , and the anodizing is just so well done , and the internal machining is really good as are the threads . The O rings are nice and tight giving one confidence to get this light wet , and thanks to the O rings , the tailcap and head screw on ever so smoothly and the light locks up drum tight .

The L2T tailcap continues to impress , the clicky is very mechanical and firm [ I like it ] and is of the forward clicky configuration , which should help to endear the L2T with all those who demand tactical features in there lights . I did put in a older XR-E single mode drop in to just test the clicky , and it worked really well , there are no glitches of any kind as the switch is clicked on [ some forward clickies have a small glitch that cause mode changes as you go from momentary on to being clicked on ] .

Overall I was very impressed with the L2T , and I'm very much looking forward to building a U2 XM-L drop in for it , should make for a very nice flashlight . Bottom line , for the money paid , this is an excellent P60 host , offering serious value for your money , I can find nothing to fault with this one , and if anything , it has simply impressed me all to heck !
If your looking for a P60 host , I can highly recommend the L2T from Solarforce .

DCP117

Newly Enlightened
Re: Solarforce L2T - latest in the L2 series

I just saw this light this morning on solarforce-sales.com. I'm liking the non-crenelated bezel and the forward clicky. Thanks for the pics!

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tempting.....

Does the cigar ring come like that? Seems to be installed wrongly in the marketing pictures.

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think it just depends on who put it on ?
But this one is the same way as on the Solarforce web site [ not sales ]

I dare say it comes of easy enough if you want it the other way around .

don.gwapo

Enlightened

How's the look without the rubber grip ring?

I'm waiting for their US distributors to have them in stock.

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast

1003108h.jpg

Less rubber grip rings , there are two , the cigar ring and a spacer . But here is the naked body .

houtex

Enlightened

What about the anodizing? It was never clear to me if it was HA or not.

AaronG

Enlightened

The matte finish looks good. Too bad it's not HA. I'd love to see that head design on the L2P

Another job well done by Solarforce :thumbsup:

Last edited:

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmmm. I'm liking that. Had an L2P, but just couldn't warm up to that reverse clicky. And I'm a C2 fan, but have a SolarForce budget, at the moment. I think I see one of these in my future.

Thanks for the thread...I had no idea about this model coming out!

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tempting.....

Does the cigar ring come like that? Seems to be installed wrongly in the marketing pictures.

It looks correct to me.

This looks like a very nice Surefire C2 clone but maybe a bit shorter. Since Surefire is eventually stopping production of their incandescent lights like their C2, this L2T seems to be a good candidate for a P60 host.

odd

Newly Enlightened

Does my "Solarforce XM-L T6 Cree 820 Lumens 3-6V Replacement bulb for Surefire 6P G2 & L2 series" fit this body?
Yes it does.

JNieporte

Enlightened

I want one of these and some spare cigar-grip rings. Soon...

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast

It was only a matter of time - very nice.

-Trevor

ETA: Now, I'm just waiting for an E-series clone and maybe a host with a striking Z2 similarity. :huh:

Last edited:

nerrad

Newly Enlightened
Re: New Solarforce host - L2T

Great looking host.
Really want to see this in person before buying.

I have a L2p that is great!

Rod911

Enlightened

Thanks for the review. Love the new host as well.

I managed to get both the L2T and a high CRI Linger Special delivered on the same day. The drop-in fits perfectly and I have no issues using it on this host.

I like the matte finish. It gives it a utilitarian look and despite the lack of knurling on the body, the type II anodizing is certainly grippy. I do like the fact that the lens sits on a piece of rubber to help reduce the chances of breaking from impact.