New Flashlight Clip - Opinions Please

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Everyone,

Reading through a lot of feedback on clips, its seems that CPF'ers want clips that are adjustable, will not come off easily.

I was thinking about something like this:

tgwnn_concept_clip.png

Its a standard adjustable clamp concept, simply turn the screw to loosen or tighten.

Its ugly right now as its just a concept photo, but if it looked decent, would you want to use one? maybe even buy one?

Thanks,
tgwnn

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not a clip fan, but it definitely would be more secure than many clips out there and would probably leave less scratch marks from installing/removing. Add some low profile rubber padding to the interior of the clamp and I might just get one just because.

Why not even make one with a nice secure rotating vise instead of the clip? Could be used as a hands-free lamp on just about anything and any light! If it was done with a sufficiently low profile , I'd certainly buy a few of those!

duro

Enlightened
I think flashlight clips need to take lessons from knife manufacturers. All top notch production knife companies seem to have the pocket clip down pretty well. Perhaps you should have a look at those? Jetbeam got the clip right on the jet III m. It's a nice easy clip to use and if you flip it around for bezel up carry it's even more secure, yet harder to clip. Very nice design....

RCantor

Enlightened
Should be adjustable by screwdriver (flat prefered over others) and have some way of not loosening on its own.