Imalent        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post your Surefire UB3T serial number registry

An imitation of DimeRazorback's 'post your Surefire LX2 registry' only this time it's about the UB3T. There are more around by now since every now and then a new UB3T-thread from someone receiving his/her light pops up. If the mods allow it, and I don't see why not, please let's see what 'we' (CPF-people) have so far. One rule: pic[s] or it didn't happen. Well, if possible. So pjandyho yours is valid.

I'll start:
    X00100 LightJunk (rare pre-market version 400 lumen prototype)
    A00075 selfbuilt
    A00097 iapyx
    A00185 DimeRazorback
    A00217 glevum
    A00238 schmanto
    A00343 pjandyho
    B00867 socom1970
    B01195 Donn_
    B01491 ABTOMAT
    B01597 sbbsga
    B02675 ganymede
    B02902 pulstar
    B03391 Sean
    B03398 7histology
    B037XX u2u
    B03865 FPSRelic
    [A00093 Eric242 - his UB3T is sold and not anymore within the cpf-community]
    Last edited by iapyx; 12-06-2014 at 07:05 AM. Reason: updated list
    Last edited by DM51; 25 years ago at 11:54 PM. Reason: because I can
    Post your UB3T serial# here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...try&highlight=

Default Re: Post your Surefire UB3T serial number registry

Weekend

C'mon guys, post here your serial of this killer light.

DimeRazorback
    pjandyho
    MSaxatilus
    SC-Texas
    Dr. FM
    Rotophoto
    Vox Clamatis in Deserto

You all got one....
    Post your UB3T serial# here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...try&highlight=

Oh man.. I am just too tired to take a picture now and post it up. Anyway, I believe you have seen mine so I hope it counts.

A00343
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

No pic sry. A00238

No pic yet either but I have a 'B' serial number - bought March 2012.

B03398
    Last edited by 7histology; 04-19-2012 at 09:45 PM.
    Acebeam K75_VN_spec2 version; EagTac M25C2 Turbo_VN_XPG2-PDTc version; SureFire UB3T Invictus; Nitecore SRT7; TrustFire X6; LumaPower MVP_3xCree version); Sunwayman V11R; 4Sevens Quark AA Tactical; Nitecore DI (R2, GDP, Q5); LiteFlux LF2XT; Lumapower LM21;

Flashaholic*

Mine's B03865. It apparently has the newer revision optic

B01491 here. It's from the early part of this year.

Do something alone and it's weird, do it with others and it's a club.

B037XX, new optics, purchased December 2012 from a fresh shipment just in from Surefire. Interesting how the dates and serial numbers vary.

Flashaholic*

I saw one with an X serial number. What's the spec on that?

Quote Originally Posted by u2u View Post
    B037XX, new optics, purchased December 2012 from a fresh shipment just in from Surefire. Interesting how the dates and serial numbers vary.
    u2u, do you have a pic of your serial number? Does anyone know, just like LightJunk wonders, why the XX serial number?

Flashaholic*

Thanks for the reply iapyx. u2u put the XX serial number because he didn't want to reveal the digits.

What I meant was the alphabet in front with the X follower by 5 digits ie X01234. Maybe it's the first release but I'm just wondering are the specs different from the current one. It's the one without the "UB3T" on the body like the pictures.

Most I saw has the UB3T on the body like below.

I checked the internet and there are a few models, the 400, 600 & 800 lumens version.

LightJunk, I had an idea that that was what you did, putting 'XX' at the end to not reaveal its digits. I wonder why you wouldn't want to do that, but that's just me.

400, 600 and 800 lumen versions?? I don't think so. As far as I know there are two versions. Both 800 lumens. The only difference is the different optics. The first few have a narrower beam AFAIK. But Correct Me If I Am Wrong.
    The 400 and 600 lumen versions you mention never came out. The UB3T was to have 400 lumen at first then 600 lumen. It was delayed and delayed and delayed and finally it would come out. Yet there was another delay. Newer LED with an output of 800 lumen. So, 800 lumen max and this never changed. Again, CMIIAW

*Flashaholic*

Flashaholic*

iapyx, I searched e**y and there are 3 versions on sale. 400, 600 and 800 lumens. After reading your reply, I'm more confused now.

I searched CPFMP and came out with this the 400 lumens version. That's the one I'm talking about. Without the UB3T lettering on the body.

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...umens-Version)

I hope I'll be getting the 800 lumens version one. I just bought a used one with the X in front of the serial number which happens to look like the one in the link above.

I may be wrong, but with some level of strong conviction, and almost 100% certainty, I say that I don't think there was a 400 lumen UB3T in the first place. AFAIK it was already 800 lumen when it first came to the market. The 400 lumen marking you see on the box could be printed there way before Surefire decided to change the actual specs to 800 lumens. As what iapyx had said, the 400 and 600 lumen version got scrapped even before it came into production. All I know was the M3LT used to go for 400 lumen and got upgraded to 800 lumen when the UB3T came out. I prefer the tint color of the older 400 lumen M3LT though.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by pjandyho View Post
    I may be wrong, but with some level of strong conviction, and almost 100% certainty, I say that I don't think there was a 400 lumen UB3T in the first place. AFAIK it was already 800 lumen when it first came to the market. The 400 lumen marking you see on the box could be printed there way before Surefire decided to change the actual specs to 800 lumens. As what iapyx had said, the 400 and 600 lumen version got scrapped even before it came into production. All I know was the M3LT used to go for 400 lumen and got upgraded to 800 lumen when the UB3T came out. I prefer the tint color of the older 400 lumen M3LT though.
    That's what I gathered from the net, only 800 lumens version were released into the market. The box stated 400 lumens, that's why I'm not convinced. Since both of you are almost 100% certain then I'm with you guys.

Thanks iapyx & pjandyho Really appreciate the replies and infos. Now I can sleep soundly with 800 lumens in mind

Quote Originally Posted by LightJunk View Post
    That's what I gathered from the net, only 800 lumens version were released into the market. The box stated 400 lumens, that's why I'm not convinced. Since both of you are almost 100% certain then I'm with you guys.

Thanks iapyx & pjandyho Really appreciate the replies and infos. Now I can sleep soundly with 800 lumens in mind
    I do hope that I am right. Don't worry too much about it and start playing with it.

LightJunk, I checked that link of yours. The least I can say is that it's weird to see the box says 400. As far as I know there never was/has been a 400 lm version. Why don't you call Surefire and ask them.don't mail them. CALL them. They can give you the right info. 400 lumen would really surprise me. It can't be, but again just ask them.

Edit: look on e**y, you'll see it says 400 lumen, but when you have a closer look at the specs it says from 2-800 lumen. I'm now even more convinced there are only 800 lm versions.
    Last edited by iapyx; 06-16-2013 at 04:26 AM.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by iapyx View Post
    LightJunk, I checked that link of yours. The least I can say is that it's weird to see the box says 400. As far as I know there never was/has been a 400 lm version. Why don't you call Surefire and ask them.don't mail them. CALL them. They can give you the right info. 400 lumen would really surprise me. It can't be, but again just ask them.

Edit: look on e**y, you'll see it says 400 lumen, but when you have a closer look at the specs it says from 2-800 lumen. I'm now even more convinced there are only 800 lm versions.
    Yes I just noticed that whatever the box says the specs is still the same 2-800 lumens. So you guys are right.

pulstar: B02902 (older type optic)

Flashaholic*

I e-mailed Surefire regarding the X serial number & 400 lumens issue. The ,Tech Support Rep replied that yes, it's the 400 lumens version that shouldn't have make it into the market. It's a prototype model.

It seems like I'll be having this prototype 400 lumens version. That should be rare. I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by LightJunk View Post
    I e-mailed Surefire regarding the X serial number & 400 lumens issue. The ,Tech Support Rep replied that yes, it's the 400 lumens version that shouldn't have make it into the market. It's a prototype model.

It seems like I'll be having this prototype 400 lumens version. That should be rare. I can't wait.
    LightJunk, have you received your UB3T yet?
    I am curious if it's really 400 lm. Would be very very rare.
    And if it is, if I'd be you, I'd return it to SF and ask for a 800 lm replacement.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by iapyx View Post
    LightJunk, have you received your UB3T yet?
    I am curious if it's really 400 lm. Would be very very rare.
    And if it is, if I'd be you, I'd return it to SF and ask for a 800 lm replacement.
    iapyx, finally it's with me. I really like it though it's not the 800 lumens version. I'm keeping it since it rare. Comes with very nice serial number X00100. Pictures below.

Just got this today, old optic.

What is better the old optic or the new optic?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig K View Post
    What is better the old optic or the new optic?
    The newer optic improves spill. How much more, I have no answer, as there are no side by side comparison as far as I know. The new optic beam shots can be found around here.

Since I use mine with the diffuser, I prefer the old lens for the large, less-spill hot spot.

Flashaholic*

B02675 reporting in!

Here's my UB3T: #B000867

This one is a keeper for sure! First gen. Optic and holds 17500's with no problems.
    Last edited by socom1970; 01-23-2014 at 05:20 AM.
    "Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Default Post your Surefire UB3T serial number registry

Here's my serial:

Last edited by Sean; 04-13-2014 at 04:56 PM.

I finally received a UB3T as well........

along with a small feather I found the other day (stork)

and the serial#

iapyx, if you update the first post could you copy and paste the list in the following format? It´s a bit easier to read, isn´t it?

• X00100 LightJunk (rare pre-market version 400 lumen prototype)
    • A00075 selfbuilt
    • A00093 Eric242
    • A00097 iapyx
    • A00185 DimeRazorback
    • A00238 schmanto
    • A00343 pjandyho
    • B00867 socom1970
    • B01195 Donn_
    • B01491 ABTOMAT
    • B01597 sbbsga
    • B02675 ganymede
    • B02902 pulstar