REVIEW: The Spyderco Sage 2 (photos & video)

tazambo

Newly Enlightened
Nice review.
I especially liked the comparison to the Manix2 (as I've got one).
So close to pulling the trigger on one myself.
Regards
Dave

persyce

Newly Enlightened
Awesome review! I just picked this knife up and I am thoroughly impressed!
The Sage2 inspires confidence in everything I do, from around the house work to cutting open boxes at work. The knife is so light and buttery smooth. It has satisfied my need for TI... for now anyway.

Dontsleeponit

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the great review, mine should be here in a day or two and I can't wait!

As a side note, if anyone is familiar with the CRKT Drifter aluminum handle frame lock folder, I see this knife as an ultra budget (sub $30) "tribute" to the small Sebenza, like the Sage 2. The smooth action and solid lockup on that knife is such a surprise on a knife in that price range. If it had better blade steel, even with a increase in price, it would be a home run.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my Sage 2 in on Monday, and I love it! I missed the opprtunity to get one on Amazon a few months ago for $140 when they went out of stock and when they finally got more in a few weeks ago they were up to around $170 or so, but I kept checking back every few days, and watched the price drop down to $142, and finally snapped one up. I had bought the carbon fiber Sage 1 earlier this year, and I can't decide which one I like better. The Sage 1 is lighter, less expensive, and mine seems a little smoother opening than the Sage 2, but maybe my 2 just needs a few more cycles to smooth things up.

Rolex John

Newly Enlightened
I just got my Sage 2 in on Monday, and I love it! I missed the opprtunity to get one on Amazon a few months ago for $140 when they went out of stock and when they finally got more in a few weeks ago they were up to around $170 or so, but I kept checking back every few days, and watched the price drop down to $142, and finally snapped one up. I had bought the carbon fiber Sage 1 earlier this year, and I can't decide which one I like better. The Sage 1 is lighter, less expensive, and mine seems a little smoother opening than the Sage 2, but maybe my 2 just needs a few more cycles to smooth things up.

Congrats on a great price! Give it a little time and you'll really fall for the Sage 2.

Where in OH are you?