Basic light MT

Alphanumeric

Newly Enlightened
I'm in the market for a MT but as it will be my first one, I am rather uncertain what I should get.:thinking: The problem is all these options. With MT's you first need to figure out WHAT you even want, accessory-wise, before you can even start comparing.

I currently EDC a Benchmade Pardue 530 and a Fenix PD30 and I'd like my MT to complement them. I would like having a saw, screwdrivers, and pliers on hand in a roughly 5 oz. package, but definitely no more than 9 oz. Locking parts are something I'd prefer to have. A corkscrew, scissors, file, V-cutter are all things I've noticed that caught my eye as well. I want one that's pocket carry-able, but I'd also be willing to holster it. Anything come to mind?

JCK

Newly Enlightened
I'd suggest the Leatherman Wave. Its 8.5 oz and is a very capable multitool. Comes with main blade, serrated blade, saw and file, which all lock. As well as pliers, screwdriver bit, scissors (which aren't too bad) and a few other misc tools (Bottle openers, etc). It can be carried in your pocket or in the holster is more comfortable IMO.

http://www.leatherman.com/product/Wave

there are lots of reviews on the net and youtube.

Alphanumeric

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the feedback. The Wave and Spirit looked like the two best options to start with and the Wave was cheaper. Figure I can use that to determine what, if anything else, I should look for in a multitool.

Also got a Schrade pry tool. I'm looking forward to both.