• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: 4500 Lumen LED Maglite.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone,

I have just finished my brightest LED mag ever.

New Black D maglite
6x very deep SMO reflector module
Custom machined heavy duty heat sink
6 Cree XM-L U2 bin LEDs
H6Flex driver board ( user programmable at any time)
Borofloat lens

Getting enough metal in this light was no small task. I started with a solid aluminum heat sink of my own design. With this sink the heat is transferred both directly to the head as well as deep into the neck.

This is it next to an XRE emitter.

The base is also solid to maximize heat sinking for both the emitters and the driver.

Because of the use of the ultra deep reflector module the head of the light had to be machined down so the heat sink would sit deeper in the head.

The emitters are wired in 3S2P so the H6flex delivers a whopping 3.3 A per die!

Currently the body is a 4D cell sleeved for 4 x 26650s. If the buyer wants I can install a shorter body like a 3D for use with 4 26500 or similar. Basically anything would work as long as the voltage is between 13-21V. (Batteries are NOT included with sale)

Cells NOT included with sale.

Here are a few out door shots.

Quark AA2 on turbo.

The headlights of my truck on high 100 watts of halogen power.

6x XM-L :eek:

As you can clearly see this light is not short on throw like many other multi emitter lights. This light very easily reaches well over 100 yards.

Quark AA2

SST-90 mag

6x XM-L

Nuff said.

Price is $325 Shipped! SOLD!

PP is vesture_of_blood(@)hotmail.com

Last edited:

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
Re: FS: 4500 Lumen LED Maglite.

^^^
Agreed.

This is when I wish I had a higher paid job :broke: - and could justify another light (but hey, when has that ever really been a problem! :naughty: )

Excellent build. :thumbsup:

tjhabak

Enlightened
I hope somebody snags this up so I can move on and obsess about something else. ;)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Inkidu

Newly Enlightened

I see this and I want to be able to do something that cool.

Thanks for offering.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks everyone for the comments and input. This build took a lot of patience and time, it was challenging but worth it.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice Job! Where did you get the reflector?

richpalm

Banned

I'm completely jealous! I feel like a loser without a machine shop... I wish you U.S guys would make and offer a reasonable, non-unobtanium, no hassle getting, fast shipping, heatsink for sale that wouldn't send us budget guys to bankruptcy court.

That's a great light-but that driver is expensive and hard to get also. I've done two triples, one neutral, one cool, per Techjunkie's Shiningbeam method and they're insanely bright, so I can only imagine this!

Wish I had something to trade! That's beautiful. Reflector came from one of those generic China dropins I take it? Saw it in the background.

Rich

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Ma_sha1, the reflector came from a DX 6 cree module. I recently saw at KD they are now selling the module empty too.

Thanks to you too richpalm. Yes the parts for this were costly but worth it. I dont really have a machine shop either I had to pay a pretty penny for those sinks to be made. The machining in the head was done with some equipment my grandfather has, its accurate enough to do the work like inside the head, but as far as any exterior work like fins flutes etc the system is just not quite rigid enough to make pristine looking parts.

RCantor

Enlightened

I'm not familiar with the driver. ! (that's capital 1, to start the sentence) mode, 3 modes, how do you switch and how long can it stay on high?

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast

What is the runtime on max and how long can it stay on max safely?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi RCantor,

no worries none of us were born knowing this stuff :) The driver is user programmable. This driver offers many choices including 2,3,5, and 8 mode. I have the driver programmed to my personal favorite 5 mode.

The way it works is like this. Press and hold the switch an the light will ramp up through 5 brightness levels, when you get to the one you want just let go. Press again for off. You can turn the light on again with a short press and the light will be on what ever level you left it on.

This configuration also allows for a sort of tactical "jump". With the light on (any level) you can press and hold the switch and it leaps to full blast! Press and hold again and it drops back to the previous level.

You can run this light wide open for a couple minutes. The best way to tell when its time to shut it down is when the head gets too hot to touch.

The UI sounds a bit complicated at first but after its in your hands for a few minutes its really super cool. The Flex type UI from Taskled is one of my favorite of all the drivers I have ever used.

EDIT:

Bugsy the run time on max would be about 45 min. Since a couple of you were asking I went into the kitchen and set a timer with the light on, after having done this I recommend not running it for more than 2-3 min max on full power starting from cold.

If you scrolled it back to around the 1000 lumen mark you could probly run it an hour.

Last edited:

RCantor

Enlightened

Also, in the top set of photos how far away are the furthest (central) 2 trees. The one on the L looks farther away than the one on the R. In the bottom set, how far away are the center trees? Would you be open to making another one in neutral?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

In the top set of pics the pair of trees farthest away shrouding the street are about 110 yards. The trees in the second set are not all that fare away, like a hundred feet or so.

Yes, I would be willing to make another light.

RCantor

Enlightened

Congratulations! This looks like an awesome light!

Rexlion

Enlightened

Light received in excellent condition. Night finally came... turned the light on high... WOW, night went away! :devil: This thing definitely blows away my vehicle headlights. It has good distance punch, but of course the spill is so bright it's hard to appreciate what it illuminates in the far distance. Nonetheless I find this 6-die beauty much more satisfying than the tiny, focused beam of the DEFT.

But this SuperMag is not a 1-trick horse. With the light on its lowest setting, the brightness looks pretty similar to but more even than) my P-Rocket on low... not blinding at all, and totally useful at ten or twenty feet. The beam does not have a pronounced delineation between hotspot and spill, but instead feathers out smoothly and evenly. I really don't have any other light that compares to its nice, even beam. And of course, there are 3 other levels between low and high to suit the user at intermediate distances. Level 2 is like a P-Rocket on high... it just gets better from there. The ramping feature is quite convenient after a couple minutes of practice.

Very nice!

Last edited: